Classic Saints: #1

Our club has a long and proud history.

Let us remember some of the legends who wore the black and white shirt.

Each week I will invite the Saints forum to discuss, recognise, and share memories of former St.Mirren players.

I have supported The Saints all my life but would like to know more about our former players.

It would also be great to see some old photos!

Number 1 of the series is...

POR "TOTTIE" BECK

Tottie Beck was an Icelandic striker who played for St. Mirren between 1961 - 1964.

Discuss....

Our club has a long and proud history.

Let us remember some of the legends who wore the black and white shirt.

Each week I will invite the Saints forum to discuss, recognise, and share memories of former St.Mirren players.

I have supported The Saints all my life but would like to know more about our former players.

It would also be great to see some old photos!

Number 1 of the series is...

POR "TOTTIE" BECK

Tottie Beck was an Icelandic striker who played for St. Mirren between 1961 - 1964.

Discuss....

THIS from his Obit...

He drew early attention for outstanding game and played his first league KR in 1957, then only 17 years old. The following year he was top scorer in their first department. He served as a regular in the national team of Iceland in football for many years and top scorer year after year. He served as a key member of the team KR-analysis and became the Icelandic champion with the team in the years 1959, 1961 and 1968. Thorolf was second Icelandic football pro football when he joined the Scottish club St. Mirren in 1961. He was elected player of the year in 1962-63 and was the company with the best players in Scottish football. In 1964 bought knattspyrnuliðið Glasgow Rangers from St. Thorolf. Mirren for the highest amount the company had paid for a football player. Thorolf played with the Rangers for two years but had sold it to the French first league Rouen in December 1966. Where he played for six years, then went to the U.S. where he completed professional career with St. Louis. Thorolf returned home and became the Icelandic champion with KR 1968 football career ended the following year. Thorolf played a total of 20 caps for Iceland, and was captain of the national team four times. Thorolf had the disease over the past 30 years. He was unmarried and is survived by a son.

Translated, of course.

Scored gloriously against the **** (a team that used to play in Glasgow) so they bought him... And naturally he didn't get many games.

I also remember tottie beck., he was

,a stalwart for the team . I can remember his debut but can't remember if he scored or not . There was also a Brazilian played for us but I can't recall his name ,I think he played for us in the late 60 s .If an anyone can help me out I Will be eternally grateful

Fernando.

http://www.stmirren.info/id313.html