St Mirren Golf Day

The winning team was big Ian Wilkie, Ian's pal Scott, myself, and Marc McAusland. We scored 80 points. Three teams finished on 79 points and went to the countback to decide 4th, 3rd and 2nd places. As the winning team, we won corporate hospitality at a home game.

The St Mirren representatives for each team of three were drawn out of the League Cup by Danny. We won a watch drawing big Cheesy - he's a long time member at Paisley GC so knew his way around the course, and he's a helluva' nice bloke too. Our handicaps in our team were 9, 10, 12 and 12 - we played really well to score 80 points. Big Ian played out of his skin on the front 9 - on his own he was only 1 over par gross.

Cheesy is a good player, 9 h'cap. Gary Harkins plays off 3 I believe, and big Thommo' plays off 12. Thommo' was in the group behind us and won the longest drive competition, which he declined to win, and allowed the fan with the longest drive to take the prize. From what I saw, Thommo' is a good player too, as a 12 h'cap would suggest. He turned up wearing green tweed plus fours, black knee high socks and a forest green tank top with a golfing figure on the front. I'm sure photos will surface soon.

The event was superbly organised by the fan's council - especially Ian Wilkie and Eric Crossan. Applauds to all concerned. I spoke with SG, Danny, Conor Newton and all were absolute gentlemen. A very successful day, raising over £1400 for youth development. John McGinn took dug's abuse for turning up wearing white shorts and a fetching blue and white stripey shirt... 'Going to the beach wee man?' quipped a team mate.

Think that covers most of it. Looking forward to defending our championees title in 2014!

Congrats to all involved sounds like you all had a great day,

Thanks to everyone that took part. The day raised £1423 for the club's youth development programme which is a terrific effort.

Allan Picken's photos from the day can be viewed (and bought) here. http://www.photoboxgallery.com/stmirren/collection?album_id=2070549027

Well done the Fans Council, Great amount of money raised, Hope it will be a annual event

what is the format. Just plain fourballs or a texas scramble?

Neil - last I heard it was going to be Stableford format.

Do you use mashie niblicks and Penfold Commando balls?

Yes it is a stableford.

You people are just making these words up.

These aren't real things.

Are they?........

You people are just making these words up.

These aren't real things.

Are they?........

They certainly are Oaksoft.

Personally I once used my Baffie and Cleek to bag an albatross. Also, my spoon has a hickory shaft which is a bit of a rarity these days, but it causes me to duck hook terribly so I tend to use my Brassie instead. Occasionally I'll get out my Rutting Iron, but I tend to spray it about a bit with that, so usually leave it in my bag. My best stuff is reserved for around the dancefloor when I can get my Jigger and Niblick out.

You should take up the gowf. It's a smashing game.

They certainly are Oaksoft.

Personally I once used my Baffie and Cleek to bag an albatross. Also, my spoon has a hickory shaft which is a bit of a rarity these days, but it causes me to duck hook terribly so I tend to use my Brassie instead. Occasionally I'll get out my Rutting Iron, but I tend to spray it about a bit with that, so usually leave it in my bag. My best stuff is reserved for around the dancefloor when I can get my Jigger and Niblick out.

You should take up the gowf. It's a smashing game.

Aye, but I'd wager that you don't know where your wife's sweet spot is!