Staggies Pricing Own Goal.

The only way clubs will learn and sit up and take notice is if fans stop going and they get hardly any money.

County know fine well that despite it being £24, we'll still have a couple hundred fans there.

most teams know on average how many away supporters go to games and price accordingly,ross co ,was a tue night last year so put on free buses so they knew exactly how many were coming

Guest somner9

I think we do .spl make up pricing at beginning of season ,£24 is what you usually pay at away games

It's £20 for saints and Killie fans this weekend!

I have always advocated that we should set a price for the season (£20 seems fair) and as Buddiecat suggests if there are shitehawks charging our fans more we charge them the same at our place.

I'd call it "Buddy Fair" pricing (if anyone from the fans cooncil is watching). definitely a good PR move for the club that would get press coverage and perhaps shame the likes of County into reciprocating..?

It seems most clubs other than Partick will be £24+

I think we do .spl make up pricing at beginning of season ,£24 is what you usually pay at away games

Entirely up to the clubs.

That's why I didn't go to Inverness. ..

They wanted £37 for me and the lad (who is 15).

We went to Firhill instead and it cost £20 for us both as under 16's are free.

THAT is sensible pricing... we're going back this Friday too.

They can talk to the cows come home in this country about footballing skills, keeping fans dry, developing young players and having family sections etc but the bottom line is that if the game is too dear then people will vote with their wallets/purses. Without sounding like Shull (a good guy though) we seriously need to consider how we make the game more affordable and get bums on seats. People go to the cinema and watch a movie, eat their sweets, popcorn etc and get a bus home for less than a football game. I know it is chalk and cheese but it is still all about entertainment and value for money. Charging £20 or more means that those living on the breadline or struggling to make ends meet will not go to an expensive game when the £40 that may be charged for a Dad and boy would feed the family for a week or pay for something else. Time to have a look at what the Germans and other Europeans charge for watching their sport and which is generally of a much higher standard.

Guest somner9

Now THAT would be utterly brainless.

How does an empty away stand help our club?

Charge them a price to tempt as many of them to come as possible.

That would be more clever.

You are so wrong!

If County wan't to inflate their prices by 20% we should accept it? No we should shame them into matching ours.