Staggies Pricing Own Goal.

They can talk to the cows come home in this country about footballing skills, keeping fans dry, developing young players and having family sections etc but the bottom line is that if the game is too dear then people will vote with their wallets/purses. Without sounding like Shull (a good guy though) we seriously need to consider how we make the game more affordable and get bums on seats. People go to the cinema and watch a movie, eat their sweets, popcorn etc and get a bus home for less than a football game. I know it is chalk and cheese but it is still all about entertainment and value for money. Charging £20 or more means that those living on the breadline or struggling to make ends meet will not go to an expensive game when the £40 that may be charged for a Dad and boy would feed the family for a week or pay for something else. Time to have a look at what the Germans and other Europeans charge for watching their sport and which is generally of a much higher standard.

TBH if you're on the breadline I'd suggest travelling to Dingwall for a football match would be way down your list of priorities.

Having said that, £24 is just plain stupid.

Guest somner9

You think it's a good idea to have an empty away stand?

You need to explain that one to me.

So how do we get from introducing "Buddy Fair" pricing (We set our price as is this weekend at £20, if an opponent charges our fans more, we charge them the same at ours)... to an empty away stand...?

The away support would only be paying what they pay at their own ground, can't see that putting off 5 of the 35 County travelling support... come to think of it you are right the away stand is empty anyway when they come to ours!

Now THAT would be utterly brainless.

How does an empty away stand help our club?

Charge them a price to tempt as many of them to come as possible.

That would be more clever.

No, what would be really clever is to only charge them £2 to get in.

The cost to get back OUT the stadium though...? That's different.

Really disappointed with Ross County on this one, especially after their kind gesture last season. I believe (do correct me if I'm wrong) that their prices last year were:

Adults: £20

Concessions: £12

If you're comparing that to the "going rate" for top flight football then that's quite reasonable. I booked my transport on the presumption that those prices would not fluctuate by more than a pound or so. As someone has already pointed out that's a 20% increase for adults, similar to what Hearts did last year. Extremely poor from County but it will be my first trip with Saints and my first since their ground has been redeveloped so it's not the end of the world.

Travel for me will top £30 (and that's after the use of a third-off railcard) and that'll be £24 for entry too. The things you do eh?

Guest somner9

Really disappointed with Ross County on this one, especially after their kind gesture last season. I believe (do correct me if I'm wrong) that their prices last year were:

Adults: £20

Concessions: £12

If you're comparing that to the "going rate" for top flight football then that's quite reasonable. I booked my transport on the presumption that those prices would not fluctuate by more than a pound or so. As someone has already pointed out that's a 20% increase for adults, similar to what Hearts did last year. Extremely poor from County but it will be my first trip with Saints and my first since their ground has been redeveloped so it's not the end of the world.

Travel for me will top £30 (and that's after the use of a third-off railcard) and that'll be £24 for entry too. The things you do eh?

You can get an adult tick at Sunderland this weekend for £25.... A pound more than Dingwall mind you!

Guest somner9

Is it just me being stoopid ?

i cant seem to find the prices on the county website, have a look.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/home.aspx

there on our site.

Away Gate/Ticket Prices

ross_county_v_st_mirren-300x140.jpgRoss County v St Mirren

SPFL Scottish Premiership

Venue: Victoria Park, Dingwall

Date: Saturday, 24th August 2013

Kick-off: 3:00pm

This match will be pay-at-the-gate.

Gate Prices

Adult – £24

Concession – £14

Child – £10

there on our site.

Away Gate/Ticket Prices

Gate Prices

Adult – £24

Concession – £14

Child – £10

Yeah , saw that s9, but am i just being cynical that a business which doesn`t advertise its prices is trying to hide something ?

there on our site.

Away Gate/Ticket Prices

Gate Prices

Adult – £24

Concession – £14

Child – £10

It's not really pay at the gate. You have to wait in a queue to buy a ticket outside the ground before going thro' the turnstile

Completely agree with all these posts- I was hoping to go but the train was £30 return and now with them wanting £24 I think I'll be saving my money for petrol to Dumfries!

Thankfully that's the two longest journeys out the way until early December!

I was hoping McGregor would provide buses again but guess that's called wishful thinking!

Just had a look at Newcastles first home game and it's cheaper for a parent and child to go watch them than County which is a nonsense.

Top class stadium and decent quality football.

Away fan prices

One adult + one child at County = £34

Same for Newcastle = £32

Home fans at Newcastle have a family section which is £25 parent & child.

Edit - not just county I'm having a go at, most of SPL is the same.

Edited by davidg

Just had a look at Newcastles first home game and it's cheaper for a parent and child to go watch them than County which is a nonsense.

Away fan prices

Same for Newcastle = £32

Away fan prices

Same for Newcastle = £32

Howay the lads!!!

Away fan prices

Same for Newcastle = £32

I've been saying the same thing for years David. Sunderland, Newcastle and most of the clubs in Lancashire offer really good value for money tickets for Cat C games. The quality of footballer is miles better, the stadiums are much better, and customers are better treated by the home clubs.

Confirmed as a pricing mistake, it's £20 for adults in our end next weekend;

Prices for visiting supporters next Saturday are £20 for adults, £12 for concessions (Over 65/Under 18/Students in FTE) and £10 for Under 16s.

The higher rates (£24/£14/£10) are for the touchline stands which are allocated to home support.

Tickets will be on sale from Monday via our online shop at www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk but will also be available to purchase from our Matchday Ticket Office on the day of the game right up until kick off.

Guest somner9

Confirmed as a pricing mistake, it's £20 for adults in our end next weekend;

Sounds like its already cost them a few sales. shame they couldn't get their shit together

Sounds like its already cost them a few sales. shame they couldn't get their shit together

Aye, not sure if it was a typo on the fishall site or if they were sent the wrong information by County.

I've been saying the same thing for years David. Sunderland, Newcastle and most of the clubs in Lancashire offer really good value for money tickets for Cat C games. The quality of footballer is miles better, the stadiums are much better, and customers are better treated by the home clubs.

More importantly they have more supporters.