Useless Facts

Buffs

Why is it everytime you wash the dishes when you empty the bowl theres always a tea spoon in the bottom of itwacko.pngwacko.png

Good question. Similarly, how come every time you go for a shite and didn't spot the lavvy roll only had two sheets left, you never, ever, have any paper hankies or equivalent in yer' trouser pockets?

You can only fold a piece of paper on itself 6 times, after that it tears

I'm sure I heard somewhere that this was a myth.

For those with dogs who have experienced that fishy smell a dog sometimes leaves behind on your sofa.

It's anal leakage and is full of something called a base which produces the fish smell.

Don't immediately add bleach or detergent to it.

To remove, use diluted vinegar which is acidic and will neutralise the base. Detergent is usually also basic so won't help.

Then you may wish to use disinfectant AFTER the vinegar has removed the smell.

For those with dogs who have experienced that fishy smell a dog sometimes leaves behind on your sofa.

It's anal leakage and is full of something called a base which produces the fish smell.

To remove, use diluted vinegar which is acidic and will neutralise the base. Detergent is usually also basic so won't help.

Fishy smell because you've just had a dog on your sofa, eh?

Sure there's a gag here... nah, can't see one.

Guest somner9

I use this.....

R5075%20Boot.jpg

Don't fanny around prevention is always better than cure....

Mind you he don't half have some anal leakage when he sees this speeding towards said passage!

That's more a top tip than a useless fact. No good to me though cause I f**king hate the smell of vinegar.

So much so if someone spilt it on my sofa I may even clean it using a dog shite just to get rid of the smell.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

Many people (and many reference books) still give the incorrect height for Ben Nevis of 4406ft. I have always been one of those people, believing that later 'facts' I read about its height may be attributed to the genuine fact that the Northern end of the British Mainland (Scotland) is rising whilst (tragically) the South East Kent/Sussex/London) is sinking.

The Ben's post-war triangulation of 1964 gave the new height of 4418ft. But, and this is the main point, this height was that of the Flush Bracket at the base of the Survey Levelling plate built into the base of the Triangulation pillar and NOT of the ground height. As the pillar on the cairn is nine and a half feet high this makes the actual ground height of 4408ft 6 inches. Mountain heights are, by tradition, rounded down so the true height of Ben Nevis is 4,408ft.

All mountain heights in Britain are calculated from their altitude above Ordnance Datum which is the average elevation of the sea at Newlyn in Cornwall.

Interesting, eh? :)

Many people (and many reference books) still give the incorrect height for Ben Nevis of 4406ft. I have always been one of those people, believing that later 'facts' I read about its height may be attributed to the genuine fact that the Northern end of the British Mainland (Scotland) is rising whilst (tragically) the South East Kent/Sussex/London) is sinking.

The Ben's post-war triangulation of 1964 gave the new height of 4418ft. But, and this is the main point, this height was that of the Flush Bracket at the base of the Survey Levelling plate built into the base of the Triangulation pillar and NOT of the ground height. As the pillar on the cairn is nine and a half feet high this makes the actual ground height of 4408ft 6 inches. Mountain heights are, by tradition, rounded down so the true height of Ben Nevis is 4,408ft.

All mountain heights in Britain are calculated from their altitude above Ordnance Datum which is the average elevation of the sea at Newlyn in Cornwall.

Interesting, eh? smile.png

I have now experienced what a coma feels like.