Richard Atkinson Steps Down

Guest somner9

Off to Hearts ?

probably decided to chance his arm there.... feckin chancer. They'll love him though when he secures all those grants and soft loanswhistling.gif

Watch their club shop go down the swanny

Guest somner9

Will Chris Stewart also step down as Secretary?

Aye cleanse the hinger ons oot!

With Richard I predict he won't go straight away.... it'll go silent for a few months... the he'll say 'Sit Tight... its all bubbling away'... then it'll go quiet again for a few months.... the they'll be a version 2.0 of 'Standing down'... then it'll go quiet again.... then GLS will appear with a scheme to flog his shares on the back of Richard stepping down.... then he'll have to admit he never really knew how and the game will be a bogey!

Edited by somner9

Inevitable, following the failure of the takeover bid(s). My opinion is that the role of commercial director is one that needs filled, urgently. Where are we now? Campbell doing his usual stuff and AWP doing the non-playing kit merchandise? Interesting to see if an appointment is made. My money is on no-one being appointed.

Inevitable, following the failure of the takeover bid(s). My opinion is that the role of commercial director is one that needs filled, urgently. Where are we now? Campbell doing his usual stuff and AWP doing the non-playing kit merchandise? Interesting to see if an appointment is made. My money is on no-one being appointed.

Yeah a bit like the playing staff, when people leave the club they aren't replaced!

Tbf, both the guys know what works, RA doesn't.

Woohoo, he changed to red numbers but the first home game of the season is coming up and you will struggle to get children's replica tops in the shops of online.

#shambles

Tbf, both the guys know what works, RA doesn't.

Woohoo, he changed to red numbers but the first home game of the season is coming up and you will struggle to get children's replica tops in the shops of online.

#shambles

I never questioned the role or ability of either Campbell or AWP, nor did I comment on REAs time at the club come to that. Factually, as a top flight club, we are back to where we were before - CK and AWP performing their roles. As a top flight club, I think we need someone to drive the club's commercial enterprises forward.

Guest somner9

I heard we ar tracking Adam Campbell on a loan deal to fill in till January..... in a months time

Guest somner9

Hope hes on here with a alias so I can say he nothing more that cowardly prat.

Thats a bit strong I thought you were an 'Atkinson Fan-nie'

Mind you when he had his ideas of making us a feeder club for Glasgow City Ladies.....fish.gif

Given we have staff to cover the roll as you say I would much rather we used any cash freed up to strengthen the playing squad.

Given we have staff to cover the roll as you say I would much rather we used any cash freed up to strengthen the playing squad.

Directors don't get paid.

I think some are underestimating RAs role at the club. At the last AGM, SG sought the answer to many questions from RA and he seemed to be the most clued up on the board about various goings on.

One of the loveliest guys you could meet, all the best in the future! (Although part of me thinks he's stepped down to concentrate on b+w army 8's....)

Yep. I can understand some of the negativity on here about him whether it's talk about the failed CIC bid, or about the way the club shop worked out over the last two seasons, but I always found Richard approachable, pleasant, open and willing to offer help and expertise without any attempt at personal gain. He tried to do something very different to enable the community purchase of the club and he nearly pulled it off despite many of the Social Enterprise experts thinking that it would be extremely difficult due to the back to front nature of the bid. He also managed to get St Mirren a shirt sponsorship deal from a national retailer.

He'll be a big help to the guys at Supporters Direct and hopefully his experiences can be used by other clubs who want or need to go down the route of fan or community ownership.