2Nd Striker Turns Us Down

buddies1877

Must be hard getting a striker in for a club our size.....A few missed shows we need and will get one.......A few weeks of the window left.

There's not much difference in club size with ourselves, killie, motherwell, st.johnstone yet they seem to manage to sign strikers ok? We always seem to struggle!

Boyd & McFadden bear testament to your point.

Not really, both of those players were at those clubs in their younger days, so there was a link there.

We don't struggle to get forward players, for some reason (unknown to me) we seem to fail to be able to get the best out of them whilst they are with us, or fail to hang on to the ones who do perform. See Dargo, Nigel, Guy, Sutton, Higdon, Parkin etc. Imrie could also be put into the same bracket. All players who fall into one category or other from the past 6 or 7 years.

This is the first time we've really struggled to get anyone at all, but I get the impression that it's more bad luck and timing than anything more sinister. I'm sure we'll get someone in the door over the next week or two.

Heard he turned us down due to cash apparently £100 a week and all the Ginger Bottles he could carry to Mamies was not enough for the greedy Bstard

True story but two days before the cup final I drove past mamies and seen Newton and Dumnet walking out with a bag each full of munchies? Maybe that was the deal breaker to get Newton back? All the 10 pence mixtures he could eat? :) Edited by Saintstef

Not really, both of those players were at those clubs in their younger days, so there was a link there.

We don't struggle to get forward players, for some reason (unknown to me) we seem to fail to be able to get the best out of them whilst they are with us, or fail to hang on to the ones who do perform. See Dargo, Nigel, Guy, Sutton, Higdon, Parkin etc. Imrie could also be put into the same bracket. All players who fall into one category or other from the past 6 or 7 years.

This is the first time we've really struggled to get anyone at all, but I get the impression that it's more bad luck and timing than anything more sinister. I'm sure we'll get someone in the door over the next week or two.

Nothing new there Allan... ... MIke Conroy anyone? ohmy.png

Dundee United utilised Jon Daly as a striker, but also in defence. It has been suggested before - perhaps with tongue in cheek - but if we're really stuck and requiring a bit more presence up front, why not stick McGregor up there.

I appreciate that I have argued elsewhere that we need to play players in their preferred positions, but needs must. We shouldn't be in the position of even having to consider such an option, but the simple fact is that we are (at least for the time being).

FFS, I can hardly believe I'm even considering this.

Get it sorted MacPherson!

Dundee United utilised Jon Daly as a striker, but also in defence. It has been suggested before - perhaps with tongue in cheek - but if we're really stuck and requiring a bit more presence up front, why not stick McGregor up there.

I appreciate that I have argued elsewhere that we need to play players in their preferred positions, but needs must. We shouldn't be in the position of even having to consider such an option, but the simple fact is that we are (at least for the time being).

FFS, I can hardly believe I'm even considering this.

Get it sorted MacPherson!

Why not? Barron gets papped about the backline, Goodwin between defence and midfield, and we've got Jon Robertson as a right back trialist. There's talk of playing Newton there too, seeing as how we have more midfielders than The Sevco have knobs on their BOD. We move McGowan and McGinn around from where they are most effective to seemingly accomodate Harkins, so aye, why not have McGregor up top - could form a lethal front two with Dilo.

I'm convinced Danny still doesn't know his best XI and where to play them.

Edited by pozbaird

There's not much difference in club size with ourselves, killie, motherwell, st.johnstone yet they seem to manage to sign strikers ok? We always seem to struggle!

You keep neglecting to mention that Motherwell have been in administration for overspending, Killie are in millions of pounds of debt too.

McFadden's wages are being paid by a sponsor apparently.

St Johnstone have been fortunate to have a clutch of decent players at the moment but wait till those players leave. See how easily they replace them.

Steven Thompson....Garry Teale....Isma Concalves.......Great players for our club........All have stories to why they came and none are about money....It's the way we live and the future MUST be about the McGinns /McLeans/Reillys of the club...... A striker is needed and I'm sure he will come but long term we need to produce our own.