Ross County V St Mirren 24//8/13 League

shull

Team's an utter shambles. They clearly have no faith im the manager, and who can blame them?

Today we were up against a side who are no better than us qualify wise, but who were better motivated and better organised. Who then, is to blame for this latest disgrace?

I advise all absent happy clappers - I can only deduce that the few remaining happy clappers don't actually go to the games - to watch the highlights of the 3rd goal. Harkins does not match his mans run from a simple corner kick (surprise surprise) and it's the easiest goal you'll concede in your life. Watch the second goal, a penalty is saved and no one is near Brittain so he strokes home the reboud. The lack of defensive organisation is frankly terrifying.

Since we won the cup the management of our football club has been absolutely shambolic. We somehow managed to get ourselves nervous about relegation last year and the management of the squad over the summer has been negligent at best and disgracefully incompetent at worst.

I said October after the Inverness game, however given the terrible performances since then I must revise this prediction forward. I think he may have as little as 2 games to save his job. In the first half he was at the edge of his technical area full of enthusiasm. As soon as the third goal went in he went and sat in his dugout with his head in his hands and he never stood up again. He looked like a beaten man, he looked like a man completely out of ideas, and the performance of his side also suggested as much.

Failure to progress at QOTS and failure to beat Thistle should mean game over, and thank goodness for that. The quicker we get rid of him the quicker we can progress as a football club. Who knows, maybe with our new manager we might even be able to emulate the league achievements of Ross County and Inverness.

Tick tock.

Can't really disagree with any of that. It's sad, and I certainly don't enjoy it, but I can't deny it.

Your bit where you say.....

"Since we won the cup the management of our football club has been absolutely shambolic. We somehow managed to get ourselves nervous about relegation last year and the management of the squad over the summer has been negligent at best and disgracefully incompetent at worst"

......is absolutely correct, and even more sad.

John Robertson's summary tells a woeful tale..............we were too nice , we were disorganised and picked off at will. As a previous poster suggested, it strikes me that the manager has lost any respect afforded him from the dressing room now. I think he's done for ..................the mood music is not good at all.

Gilmour well, he is the conductor , so , what is about to be performed whistling.gif

I think the formation we are playing is clearly not working , when you look at our set up its like 4-2-3-1 ,this is basically giving us a six man defence and we are still shipping goals and not scoring ,get back to 4-4-2 our midfield is stacked and there is just no shape ,it used to drive me mad when we would pass it from Samson to Zany and he would pass it to the centre half who would pass it back then we would either punt it or pass it out the park .

How long until Hearts are above us in the league.

Seems we all need snookers to get us through what is going to be a long and painfull season.

Need a goalie we can count on. 2 f**k off centre halfs and a new management team..........NOW!

4 weeks

I'm not. Other people are though. That's why I said I don't like to see anyone losing their job and took the opportunity to say that I wasn't as confident as others seem to be about Thompson taking over.

I do however feel that your comments about the other names being mentioned are valid.

Sorry, that wasn't aimed specifically about you, it would probably have been better put as People can talk all they like about changing manager.

The simple fact is our opinion whether for or against doesn't really count. The only opinions that matter are the board of directors and they will know what budget Danny is working with, what he's been trying to do about getting players in etc.Personally I'd rather save my energy for cheering the team on than waste it shouting about something that I have no influence over.Having said that, I do think some of our players need to have a good look at their performances so far and give themselves a good kick up their own arse.

i think that sheils may have learned from his past job to calm it . but for me hes the only one id go for. will be intresting to hear from idiot lennon. usual pish great fans wornderful suport board

You call Danny Lennon an idiot but you would have a nutter like Shiels in charge of the club. His record at Kilmarnock wasn't much better than Danny's record and all that with a much bigger budget. There was a perfectly good reason the media loved Shiels - his comments sold newspapers and while the Killie fans lapped it up, just about everyone else would have a good laugh at his antics,

Hopefully Shiels is in a nice little retirement home with his own padded room and a jacket where the arms are tied together behind his back.

To be honest. I've never been a fan of abusing Danny. He's a good guy, a genuinely nice guy. Ill always be thankful for what he did with the cup win. But I'm starting to believe that his time is coming to an end at St. Mirren. It's just not working anymore, everyone's fears that we had in the close season are unfortunately coming to fruition.

That's the way i feel as well.

To say we are hoping we want St Mirren to lose every week so a nice man Danny Lennon will lose his job is an insult.

It's not working and you can see it clearly on the park that something isn't right.

Heads go down far too easy and there's isn't much fight on the pitch.

The squad is a shambles for a top league club,i mean 1 forward at the club.

Alarm bells were ringing when a number of players were paid off from their contracts and that must have affected his budget.

Look at our bench is there anyone you could say that could change the game for you.

I was concerned when i saw us at Stockport and i assured myself there would be a few signings especially in forward areas.

1 midfield player has been signed and we are looking at right back at the moment.

I honestly don't what is going on at Ralston as you need to score goals to do anything in the game

Knowing Saints, we'll probably go out and trounce QOS on Tuesday.

Was going to go, but not now. Completely disheartened by Saints and the fans who will us to lose.

There are very few,if any,saints fans who will us to lose.Maybe they just believe that a team from the biggest town in Scotland shouldnt be hanging out the arse end of the league every year,maybe they believe we should be on a par with dundee utd and aberdeen,where we used to be and maybe they believe that the large sleeping support would return if there was a decent product on show

The guy shouted "that was a pass back thommo" after a poor shot, and Steven told him basically to shut up.

frank mcdougall would be turning in his grave,a complete no mark dishing out verbals to fans whilst 3-0 down,sums up our players

Thompson a no mark - possibly the worst post I've ever read on B&WArmy - I'm logging out for a few days till people regain some perspective.

I'll be back for our defence of the League Cup.

Thompson is the guy who should be "shutting up" A pale imitation of a centre forward on a nice little earner giving abuse to a guy who travels and pays to see that shambles

frank mcdougall would be turning in his grave,a complete no mark dishing out verbals to fans whilst 3-0 down,sums up our players

Being disappointed in our performance is one thing but I swear to god if someone like you ever came up to me when I was working and expected me to take verbal shit from you or anyone else I'd postpone my "no violence" principles and boot you clean in the balls repeatedly until someone physically restrained me.

I don't know how any player puts up with this shite.

Edited by oaksoft

Being disappointed in our performance is one thing but I swear to god if someone like you ever came up to me when I was working and expected me to take verbal shit from you or anyone else I'd postpone my "no violence" principles and boot you clean in the balls repeatedly until someone physically restrained me.

Verbal shit? "That was a passback..." - f**k sake, if players can't take that they shouldn't be on the park. Not like it was the drivel that pours from Mr Angry or Stafford in the West Stand.

Er it wasnt ME dishing out the "verbal shit" so like Thompson ,shut up

I fully supported Gus when the popular tide had turned against him... and did so giving him every opportunity to build on what he had achieved. Only when it was patently obvious that we had peaked under his stewardship did I then admit it was time to change.

Sadly, despite my every effort to will it otherwise, I an sending a deja vu scenario.

Danny has purchased a bit more loyalty thanks to the cup win... but if he can't turn around the blatantly obvious deficiencies then he will have to fall on his sword or be pushed.

It would be easy to sit and list criticisms... and that in itself tells a story.

I am a firm believer that you employ a manager to manage, and support him to the hilt to do so... allowing him to do it his way and respecting his decisions even if you don't agree with them or fully understand them.

I was that way with Danny right up until this season started... before we were fully prepared for it.

McGinn was the stand-out player against Newcastle... standing toe to toe with premiership stars and taking them on... ... yet he hasn't been seen since. We know the other concerns... defence... lack of forwards... lack of pace...

but something more insidious is also afoot... a cancerous negativity has permeated the support and is also at work among the players.

I sensed it in the body language of some last season... it is all the more apparent in the body language of more players this season.

It is the managers job to manage that appropriately... whether by a boot up the jacksie or an arm around the shoulder.

I'm tired of the platitudes Danny... our wonderful, marvellous support are all tired of the platitudes... ...

If your job is untenable because of off-field pressures then say so... if everything is well behind the scenes then the buck stops at your door... and there is very little time to redress the balance before those of us who want to support you have to concede and join with those who are advocating change.

Thistle will be no pushovers. They will bring the game to us and use both full backs to attack at every opportunity.

They will use a long diagonal for their right back O'Donnell to run onto at an electric pace.

I expect us to be prepared and to combat that by playing to our own strengths... playing our best players in their best positions and making sure they understand what is expected of them. This week it's quite simple... win ugly if you have to... but don't dare NOT win!!!

Over to you Danny... ...