Ross County V St Mirren 24//8/13 League

shull

The problem is that a lot of the possession that St. Mirren have is in our own half, fannying about.

The possession the opposition usually have is winning the ball off us in our half!

Lennon is a clown. Who has possession of the ball is irrelevant. What matters is where the ball is! And if the ball spends most of the time in our half then the chances are we will get beaten!

Aye

I don't think we should jump to any conclusions about today's performance or make any knee-jerk decisions about DL's future at SMFC until we hear what those who travelled to Dingwall have to say about what they witnessed today.

Only after we get the viewpoint of those who observed /suffered the performance first hand should we be screaming at the B.O.D to sack the useless, clueless, shit-for-brains, no-talent manager right away before this season goes any further.

Well here's one who was there Wilbur, It was utter drivel, No tactics no effort no passion, Square pegs in round holes come to mind, Not saying anything about single player cos they were all a disgrace to a man, People on here giving the keeper a hard time, Well no keeper in the world would be any good behind that defence. Again saying nothing about Lennon cos ive said all before, Unless he goes or he gets at least 3 new players in its gonna be a horrific season,Just wish some of the keyboard experts would go to one or two away game to see how dreadful it is instead pontificating a load of shite on here, Hope this clears it up for you Wilbur

PS listening to Lennons radio interview on the way home, I thought for a mo we won 3.0,

Edited by santaponsasaint

It's been said already, but I'll say it again anyway. We are never going to move up the league until we develop a plan B.

As somebody already pointed out, other teams now know the keeper is told to pass the ball to the defence who, in turn, have been told to pass it out of our half. It then becomes easy for these teams to press us deep in our own half of the field and, at our level of football, it is inevitable that someone will make a mistake and the opposition will get regular scoring chances from this.

Even the great Barelona suffered from a failure to change tactics two seasons ago when playing Chelsea in the CL. Never at any time did they try to shoot from a distance and they never tried getting the ball down the wings and crossing it in to the box. Once Chelsea had learned to cope with this, Barca never really troubled them again. They stuck with their lovely wee triangular patterns and Terry and co just soaked it up.

Now I ain't comparing us to Barca, but then I wouldn't compare Ross County with Chelsea either. We have been found out and need to learn how to surprise teams by changing our game. This better start soon or we will lose to QOS on Tuesday.

And finally, I wish the detractors would give David Cornell a break. He does what he is told, has not been at fault for many of the goals lost and must be wondering what he has let himself in for when he comes up here and gets dogs abuse. How anybody thinks that can have anything other than an adverse effect on him is beyond me.

Just watched the "ahem" highlights. Didn't realise from reading all the feedback on here that we had quite a few good chances. It's pretty obvious that when none of these go in the confidence goes and indecision is rampant. Can Danny and tommy turn it around? Who knows. I personally don't think it would be fair to replace Danny with thommo at this point as has been suggested on here. To expect our most heralded player to take over a struggling team will only have one outcome. Thommo would very soon become a victim of the vitriol of a number of our supporters and would end up hating us and that paints a very sad picture for me at least

Just watched the "ahem" highlights. Didn't realise from reading all the feedback on here that we had quite a few good chances. It's pretty obvious that when none of these go in the confidence goes and indecision is rampant. Can Danny and tommy turn it around? Who knows. I personally don't think it would be fair to replace Danny with thommo at this point as has been suggested on here. To expect our most heralded player to take over a struggling team will only have one outcome. Thommo would very soon become a victim of the vitriol of a number of our supporters and would end up hating us and that paints a very sad picture for me at least

Thompson would immediately stop the fannying about possession game. Things would turn around immediately. Lennon & Craig can't backtrack on their tactics. They are in too deep. It can only be a change of manager that will break the circle.

Steven Thompson will be the new manager. Its written in the stars!

I like McAusland. Its not his fault that he is told to pass the ball instead of booting it up the pitch. Its not his fault that the keeper is told to pass it to him in the first place.

However, I'm told that he was on the receiving end of a lot of abuse today as a result of continually giving the ball away.

Like I said, that's not his fault...

It's not his fault he's picked every week when he's not capable of passing a ball to a team mate, he's one of the highest paid players at the club FFS and he's f**king useless.

You admit he can't pass a ball in you're post, the guy shouldn't be playing at this level.

Edited by lovestreet

Another Fitzpatrick

Just read Danny's interview on the OS.

It's 'quality players' and 'fantastic supporters', yet again.

So, quality players + fantastic supporters = Highland horsings?

Something in there isn't adding up.

His talk of a little bit of luck, and rub of the green being required just smacks of desperation. You make your own luck, Danny, or you simply grind it out.

It's not his fault he's picked every week when he's not capable of passing a ball to a team mate, he's one of the highest paid players at the club FFS and he's f**king useless.

You admit he can't pass a ball in you're post, f**k me.

Spot on ,every player should be able to pass a ball its a basic skill you would teach kids ,as for lumping the ball up the park to our one striker to knock on for himself , that one is just plain crazy ,come off it.

We shouldn't even be considering replacing the manager at this moment in time.

It's lunacy to talk about sacking a manager after just 3 matches.

Every season some clown club in the UK gets shot of their manager after a bout of panicking within 10 matches and those clubs are rightly ridiculed for it.

End of the season is when a manager should be sacked.

Danny deserves the full season after what he's done with us since Gus left.

Whatever will be will be.

Edited by oaksoft

Just read Danny's interview on the OS.

It's 'quality players' and 'fantastic supporters', yet again.

So, quality players + fantastic supporters = Highland horsings?

Something in there isn't adding up.

His talk of a little bit of luck, and rub of the green being required just smacks of desperation. You make your own luck, Danny, or you simply grind it out.

No it isn't Drew.

There's clearly a problem and unfortunately not one of us is in a position to know what that problem is.

We're seeing the symptoms though - Highland Horsings as you say.

I'm not particularly interested in what Danny has to say post match.

We both know there will (or should be) strong words and analysis on Monday because at this rate we are going to have a horrendous season.

The club is struggling right now and I think both team and management need our support.

Unfortunately at the first hint of trouble our fans are shouting for a sacking and resorting to abusing the team and manager at matches.

Look what the Hearts fans are doing for their club right now in THEIR hour of need.

Look at Ibrox - filled every week by fans determined to show they will not fold.

It's embarassing that our support falls short of these two teams.

Right now our club needs the fans - perhaps more than ever. For the most part, our fans aren't there though.

Fair weather fans indeed.

Edited by oaksoft

We shouldn't even be considering replacing the manager at this moment in time.

It's lunacy to talk about sacking a manager after just 3 matches.

Every season some clown club in the UK gets shot of their manager after a bout of panicking within 10 matches and those clubs are rightly ridiculed for it.

End of the season is when a manager should be sacked.

Danny deserves the full season after what he's done with us since Gus left.

Whatever will be will be.

Its not just three matches though. We were awful at the end of last season and are even worse now. What is real lunacy is to sit there watching this absolute shambles while insisting it will all be ok if we just stick with it.

Thompson would immediately stop the fannying about possession game. Things would turn around immediately. Lennon & Craig can't backtrack on their tactics. They are in too deep. It can only be a change of manager that will break the circle.

Steven Thompson will be the new manager. Its written in the stars!

Personally I think Thommo would be far too intelligent to take this poisoned chalice for his first stint at management (if it was to become available to him), especially if it was a player/manager role. Just look at some of the comments about players, (the Estonian striker thread is a very good example of a potential target being slated before anyone even reveals a name just because he's Estonian, on trial and probably someone has slated him for being ginger) to see how quickly our fans can turn on someone before they've even had a proper chance. Thommo will know that if he wants to be a successful manager his best bet is to leave Saints and learn the trade somewhere there would be a lot less pressure on him.

Personally I think Thommo would be far too intelligent to take this poisoned chalice for his first stint at management (if it was to become available to him), especially if it was a player/manager role. Just look at some of the comments about players, (the Estonian striker thread is a very good example of a potential target being slated before anyone even reveals a name just because he's Estonian, on trial and probably someone has slated him for being ginger) to see how quickly our fans can turn on someone before they've even had a proper chance. Thommo will know that if he wants to be a successful manager his best bet is to leave Saints and learn the trade somewhere there would be a lot less pressure on him.

Indeed , it has gone from being a good forum for debate , to an online personal abuse platform.

It's not that many posters don't have a good point , they do , it's the manner of abuse that has contributed to the forum going into decline.

Its not just three matches though. We were awful at the end of last season and are even worse now. What is real lunacy is to sit there watching this absolute shambles while insisting it will all be ok if we just stick with it.

Spot on , its been pre season also ,we won't be ok if we just let things ride ,Hearts will catch us and attendances will drop [ fans are talking about missing games already ] ,we will end up cut adrift before Christmas with our season finished ,and I don't really hold much hope for cup runs either . Negative ,yes it is ,but at the end of the day the fans pay for entertainment ,not to go to a game and go home feeling let down .

Well here's one who was there Wilbur, It was utter drivel, No tactics no effort no passion, Square pegs in round holes come to mind, Not saying anything about single player cos they were all a disgrace to a man, People on here giving the keeper a hard time, Well no keeper in the world would be any good behind that defence. Again saying nothing about Lennon cos ive said all before, Unless he goes or he gets at least 3 new players in its gonna be a horrific season,Just wish some of the keyboard experts would go to one or two away game to see how dreadful it is instead pontificating a load of shite on here, Hope this clears it up for you Wilbur

PS listening to Lennons radio interview on the way home, I thought for a mo we won 3.0,

Whether we get 3 new players in or as most likely, not, Lennon should stll go

Indeed , it has gone from being a good forum for debate , to an online personal abuse platform.

It's not that many posters don't have a good point , they do , it's the manner of abuse that has contributed to the forum going into decline.

Spot on.

No need for it especially as he has always conducted himself very well unlike others before him

I don't think Danny had much to do with Thommo, Teale or Goncalves coming in. Parkin, Guy, Lynch, Cregg and McCluskey were all him though. We've lucked out with foreign signings, aside from Puri and Haddad (right name?) so maybe the new striker will do us a turn. That said, we have been rotten for a good while and the paper is pealing off to reveal the cracks again.

Lennons post match interviews also continue to be cringeworthy.

'Honest players'

'Quality'

'Unlucky'

'Ethos at the club'

He makes it sound like we were unfortunate to be beaten, and not utterly humiliated. I much rather he showed a bit of fight and just said the performance was terrible, the players will be training tomorrow and he'll be changing things in future.

Also the players getting pizza delivered to their bus post match, piss off

Pizza...? Honestly? What athletes they are!

Another thing about DL's interviews. How often does he say 'certainly'!? His interviews are embarrassing. He just makes himself look stupid.

Pizza...? Honestly? What athletes they are!

Another thing about DL's interviews. How often does he say 'certainly'!? His interviews are embarrassing. He just makes himself look stupid.

To be fair, Terry Butcher was for giving his players a fish supper yesterday, and there was even talk of curry sauce! I think the difference is in perception - most people will believe his players deserved a treat yesterday.

Edited by MarkCorrigan

I believe it's worse than personal abuse, it's the fact that certain people seem to have formed an opinion about some of the players based on very little evidence and it doesn't matter what those players do - they will never be deemed good enough and will always be scapegoats. Look at some of the posts on here during the game slating the keeper yet some of the people at the game said he had no chance with any of the goals. Look at the Estonian striker thread, there's comments saying he'll be shite before a name is even mentioned. I've been at games and listened to so called fans slating certain players and eventually turned round and informed me them the player they are slating as not being good enough is sitting on the bench .I've sat and listened to some supporters shouting just get the ba' up the f**kin park and when it's launched upfield and the opposition defence pick up the loose ball they then comment on how f**king awful that ball was.

I'm f**king sick with the way some of our so called supporters go into a total panic and spout doom and gloom and the end of the world when we lose a goal or after a couple of bad results when what the team really need is for us all to get behind them and help them through this spell. It's a thing called supporting the team.