Ross County V St Mirren 24//8/13 League

shull

If anyone else agrees that DL is rubbish in interviews, comes across badly, but that you think you're still a committed St.Mirren supporter, do me a favour, and 'like' this post.

I'm certain there's lots of you out there.

In fairness misery likes to travel around in herds.

You'll need to discount all the multiple aliases from your count.

Good luck with the likes.

Edited by oaksoft

Simple, the board lost confidence with Danny after the cup final when we ended up depending on other teams to relegate Dundee, dispite being 12points clear of them before the split, he then offloaded players still under contract, who could probably have done a job for us again this season eg Carey, imrie . I think the board don't want to spend in case Danny isn't the manager at Xmas . However I hope he proves me wrong, but to be honest I don't think he will.

That seems incredibly unfair. DL has the job, doesn't get the resources to do the job, as the board want to keep it for his replacement at Christmas.

So if his hands are tied what chance has he got. If he gets enough points together with his current squad then do they free up cash 4 months into season or do they say actually DL you are getting points with this squad you don't need a strengthened squad?

That seems incredibly unfair. DL has the job, doesn't get the resources to do the job, as the board want to keep it for his replacement at Christmas.

So if his hands are tied what chance has he got. If he gets enough points together with his current squad then do they free up cash 4 months into season or do they say actually DL you are getting points with this squad you don't need a strengthened squad?

That would seem to be the penny-pinching way at our club, unfortunately.

if he is then dismissed could that be considered unfair dismissal? I guess that's one for the lawyers on here, but would be difficult to prove/disprove.

I think constructive dismissal would be the term.

In general though, there is an incredible amount of shite being posted on here at the moment. So much so that I almost wish I was busier at work so that I didn't have to read it.

I think constructive dismissal would be the term.

In general though, there is an incredible amount of shite being posted on here at the moment. So much so that I almost wish I was busier at work so that I didn't have to read it.

I knew there would be a term. Yup I agree there is far too much surmising by people which is then being taken by others as gospel and then changed etc, I guess that's the joys of football forums.

Let's just hope we beat Qos and Thistle and can move on.

It sounds like Danny could resign and claim constructive dismissal!!

"How so Mr Lennon?" - "Well, they didnae gie me cash!" - "Have you had cash in the past?" - "Well, hmmm, erm, aye, but..." - "How did you use that cash?" - "Well, you see, it's not that simpl..." - "Uhu, okay, case dismissed!"

If the club was penny-pinching then I doubt the BoD would have sanctioned DL's decision to offload players still under contract at significant cost to the club.

Was it at significant cost , we don't really know that for sure ,it was rendered mutual consent and the players signed with other clubs ,we could have held them to their contracts and not played them at no extra cost ie bonuses .On the other hand ,remember what the SFA done with Levein ,they still had him under contract even although he was no longer involved with the team and he had to go through lawyers to be released.

Edited by linwood buddie

New goalie always struggling wea the ball at his feet, think we need to stop the passing it around defence

His attempt of a save for the one that bounced away from him early doors was extremely poor. Not impressed by him so far, be it command of the box, getting down to a ball, use of his feet, distribution or giving instruction to those ahead of him. "Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"

Just worked up the courage to watch the highlights.

Terrible defending to give away the penalty, and the Game of Statues for the third was completely inexcusable.

What set it all in motion though was a goal which looked as if it came after a clear foul on McGowan. No idea how the rev could have deemed that anything other than a foul.

I did also think that the keeper could have done better with the shot.

Two games out of two on our travels though now where the ref has helped the opposition on their way.

I fear if we lose the first goal in Dumfries tomorrow, we'd may as well run up the whit flag.

Just worked up the courage to watch the highlights.

Terrible defending to give away the penalty, and the Game of Statues for the third was completely inexcusable.

What set it all in motion though was a goal which looked as if it came after a clear foul on McGowan. No idea how the rev could have deemed that anything other than a foul.

I did also think that the keeper could have done better with the shot.

Two games out of two on our travels though now where the ref has helped the opposition on their way.

I fear if we lose the first goal in Dumfries tomorrow, we'd may as well run up the whit flag.

For the first goal McGowan may or may not have been fouled it's hard to tell from the angle. The point is look how fecking deep he is when he receives the pass:

b9f0qw.png

He's almost in the right back position. I am loathed to criticise McGowan, he is our best player by a great distance. However, he plays the defensive mid position like an attacking mid, which of course you can understand, because that's what he is. From receiving that pass he tries to beat two players, which is okay if you're in the attacking third - which is where he has played his whole career - it's not okay if you're playing as a deep lying midfielder.

He actually beats the first player before losing the ball to the second player - maybe a foul maybe not - 5 seconds later the balls in the net.

Gowser is being played out of position and it's a position in which he is not effective. Not only do we lose out defensively by having a defensive midfielder who is unfamiliar with the role, we lose out offensively by having our most effective attacking player being wasted in the defensive third.

Why on earth is this happening i hear you scream? To accommodate Gary Harkins. Yes, really.

Well here's one who was there Wilbur, It was utter drivel, No tactics no effort no passion, Square pegs in round holes come to mind, Not saying anything about single player cos they were all a disgrace to a man, People on here giving the keeper a hard time, Well no keeper in the world would be any good behind that defence. Again saying nothing about Lennon cos ive said all before, Unless he goes or he gets at least 3 new players in its gonna be a horrific season,Just wish some of the keyboard experts would go to one or two away game to see how dreadful it is instead pontificating a load of shite on here, Hope this clears it up for you Wilbur

PS listening to Lennons radio interview on the way home, I thought for a mo we won 3.0,

My my. You really know how to sell those Bus Tickets Gary!

I - and I am sure others - only go to a couple of away games per season for EXACTLY the reason you give.

Guest somner9

I reckon theres a treat in store for the lucky ones heading to Dumfries this evening. Expect a thouroughly entertaining cup tie, but suspect a relief from the pressures of league matches/performances will see a rejuvenated saints run out winners in normal time.

Partick is the biggie!