Ross County V St Mirren 24//8/13 League

shull

Yet last season was our worst in terms of goals conceded since we came back up to the SPL - despite having the services of Gancalves, Guy, Parkin & Imrie (18 goals between them) alongside Thompson...

God knows what our goals against would have been last season without then...

Fair enough there are other factors, DL's tactics, particularly his lack of an Option B, have been sussed and are becoming increasingly less effective but with only one SPL ready striker in the squad we have less options and are easier to plan against - I think the original claim has merit.

Last season might have been the worst in terms of goals conceded since we came back up to the SPL but wasn't it also our best in terms of goals scored? In terms of Goal Difference (-13) it was our 2nd best - only 1 behind our best! As Disraeli said there are lies, damned lies and statistics! tongue.png

Fair enough there are other factors, DL's tactics, particularly his lack of an Option B, have been sussed and are becoming increasingly less effective but with only one SPL ready striker in the squad we have less options and are easier to plan against - I think the original claim has merit.

Last season might have been the worst in terms of goals conceded since we came back up to the SPL but wasn't it also our best in terms of goals scored? In terms of Goal Difference (-13) it was our 2nd best - only 1 behind our best! As Disraeli said there are lies, damned lies and statistics! tongue.png

Wait you're a Danny fan now?1eye.gif

Cornell

McGregor cheesy. Goodwin. Grainger

Newton. McGinn

Teale. McGowan. Harkins

Thommo

3-1, saints (Thommo-2, gowser) county (Carey), Carey always had good games against Sellik so I expect the same now that we're his ex club.

Edited by Mykey

Cornell

McGregor cheesy. Goodwin. Grainger

Newton. McGinn

Teale. McGowan. Harkins

Thommo

3-1, saints (Thommo-2, browser) county (Carey), Carey always had good games against Selkirk so I expect the same no.. that we're his ex club.

McGinn is on the bench, I assume McLean is playing wide left again.