Brought A Neutral To The Game On Saturday

Thought of posting this on the match day thread then thought it would be better in general discussion as new threads have been far and few between especially positive threads. The neutral had never seen our stadium never mind watch the team. Prematch we had a couple of bottles of beer where I filled him in on our team. We got inside the stadium of the main stand and took our seats near the back. What a lovley wee stadium you get a fantastic view of the players being so close. He said we were best when the ball was on the ground however we lacked urgency in a go direct route way. Pointed out McGregor has been out the best part of two seasons and that right back was not his natural position. He thought McGregor did not put a foot wrong. Overall we have a decent team that lacks that we bit of urgency. A cracking we stadium with the cleanest toilets he has seen at any stadium.

I also took my neices and nephew to their first ever football St.Mirren game on Saturday, the three of them loved it and can't wait until the next home game. Quote of the day from from my 6 yr old neice "When are the adverts on, i need to go to the toilet".

They loved the ground, loved seeing the Panda and are now saying that they are St.Mirren fans clap.gif

Thought of posting this on the match day thread then thought it would be better in general discussion as new threads have been far and few between especially positive threads. The neutral had never seen our stadium never mind watch the team. Prematch we had a couple of bottles of beer where I filled him in on our team. We got inside the stadium of the main stand and took our seats near the back. What a lovley wee stadium you get a fantastic view of the players being so close. He said we were best when the ball was on the ground however we lacked urgency in a go direct route way. Pointed out McGregor has been out the best part of two seasons and that right back was not his natural position. He thought McGregor did not put a foot wrong. Overall we have a decent team that lacks that we bit of urgency. A cracking we stadium with the cleanest toilets he has seen at any stadium.

In next round of SPFL restructuring I propose 1 goal start for team with the cleanest toilets.

I also took my neices and nephew to their first ever football St.Mirren game on Saturday, the three of them loved it and can't wait until the next home game. Quote of the day from from my 6 yr old neice "When are the adverts on, i need to go to the toilet".

They loved the ground, loved seeing the Panda and are now saying that they are St.Mirren fans clap.gif

Good stuff. In all seriousness, kids who never knew Love Street will grow up hopefully thinking of the new stadium as home, and like the place for what it is, free from the 'baggage' of pining for roofless lavvies, the North Bank ramp, terracing and the shoebox main stand.

Have they said 'gie's a signing', 'get it sorted Lennon', or 'FFS Cheesy' yet?

Good stuff. In all seriousness, kids who never knew Love Street will grow up hopefully thinking of the new stadium as home, and like the place for what it is, free from the 'baggage' of pining for roofless lavvies, the North Bank ramp, terracing and the shoebox main stand.

Miss walking down the ramp after a game ! Always seemed like there was a huge crowd as you got a good vantage point on way out.

I loved the history of the old ground , in the Northbank , happy days.

New stadium is lacking soul , it's not been great for us , we hardly to seem to win at home.

Nice to see new people attending :)

Seen a stat that we now haven't won at home in all competitions for 6 months, since the 2-0 win over Hearts i think it would be? The one with Carey's wonder goal. Obviously this is including the summer break but it includes pre season friendlys, a bit worrying as a good league campaigns is usually built on good home form and making yourselfs very hard to beat at home.

Miss walking down the ramp after a game ! Always seemed like there was a huge crowd as you got a good vantage point on way out.

I loved the history of the old ground , in the Northbank , happy days.

New stadium is lacking soul , it's not been great for us , we hardly to seem to win at home.

Nice to see new people attending smile.png

Hope this helps.

Seen a stat that we now haven't won at home in all competitions for 6 months, since the 2-0 win over Hearts i think it would be? The one with Carey's wonder goal. Obviously this is including the summer break but it includes pre season friendlys, a bit worrying as a good league campaigns is usually built on good home form and making yourselfs very hard to beat at home.

just wondering why your negative post is in here. Did you just come in for a breather carrying that big cross up the hill.

My eldest daughter was over from Donegal, so i took her to the game.

It was her first for a while, she couldnae make the Cup Final as she gave birth tae Kelsey ( nae excuse ) on the 14th March 2013.

She loved being there on Saturday and wishes she was there every week.

She used to every week with me and her brother in the 90's and the 2 of them were in the BGB when Broony was in charge.

LS, your friend was spot-on about the lack of urgency. That was my biggest gripe during and after the match on Saturday.

We need to be more incisive, and to stop affording our opponents the opportunity to regroup when they lose possession. They hit us on the counter for their goal. We need to learn to do that more effectively. Instead, we bugger about and give the other team all the time on the world to get back into position.

ETA: good to hear the positive feedback, for all that.

Edited by Drew

We're unbeaten at home all season - what more do you people want???!?

whistling.gif

The stat is correct, but slightly misleading. Yes, it's 6 months, but it's only 5 games, only 1 was a loss and 1 was a draw against Celtic. Not as diabolical as it sounds.

It's a similar pointless stat to the recent St Johnstone one about being unbeaten at home in Europe for 40 years.

The biggest shock of the stat is we've only had 5 competitive home games since February.

My eldest daughter was over from Donegal, so i took her to the game.

It was her first for a while, she couldnae make the Cup Final as she gave birth tae Kelsey ( nae excuse ) on the 14th March 2013.

She loved being there on Saturday and wishes she was there every week.

She used to every week with me and her brother in the 90's and the 2 of them were in the BGB when Broony was in charge.

Love the way the kids of the BGB are now mothers and fathers but still carry on the St Mirren habit.I didn't realise then but certainly do now the importance of getting them involved at St Mirren from an early age.

Not yet, give it a few home games then they will be fluent in abusing the players, lol

Didn't actually realise the stuff the club does with all the local schools etc until the neices etc told me on Saturday

Well done to the club

The stat is correct, but slightly misleading. Yes, it's 6 months, but it's only 5 games, only 1 was a loss and 1 was a draw against Celtic. Not as diabolical as it sounds.

It's a similar pointless stat to the recent St Johnstone one about being unbeaten at home in Europe for 40 years.

The biggest shock of the stat is we've only had 5 competitive home games since February.

Didn't we have an even longer run of not winning at home not long before leaving Love Street, if I remember right it was about 1 year.

The back heel goal Hasselwank scored on Saturday for St Johnstone was reminscent of Frank McGarvey goal in extra time on a wet midweek game under floodlights against Slavia Prague.

Those European nights were magic - along with the Anglo Scottish Cup final against Bristol City.

The best midweek game at the new stadium was the 4-0 tonking of Celtic 3 days after the LC defeat by some team that no longer exists. That will take some beating.

Do you remember Iain Munro's belter in a 4-0 win in the ASC , I think it was against Stoke

The back heel goal Hasselwank scored on Saturday for St Johnstone was reminscent of Frank McGarvey goal in extra time on a wet midweek game under floodlights against Slavia Prague.

Those European nights were magic - along with the Anglo Scottish Cup final against Bristol City.

The best midweek game at the new stadium was the 4-0 tonking of Celtic 3 days after the LC defeat by some team that no longer exists. That will take some beating.

It was freezing the night we played Bristol city ! Could not turn my keys in the door when I got home & I only lived in Caledonia street , had to get my neighbour to let me in :P

Great night though , happy days !

It was freezing the night we played Bristol city ! Could not turn my keys in the door when I got home & I only lived in Caledonia street , had to get my neighbour to let me in tongue.png

Great night though , happy days !

Given that your neighbour managed to gain access to your abode, are you sure it wasn't more the celebratory refreshments rather than the inclement weather that caused the inability to do so under your own steam?lol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

just wondering why your negative post is in here. Did you just come in for a breather carrying that big cross up the hill.

Hardly a negative post I just quoted a stat I'd heard highlighting that we aren't as good at home as we were at love street. Take a minute to look through my posts and show me where I've been negative before having a go.