Brought A Neutral To The Game On Saturday

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That brought a wee lump tae mah throat. I took a camcorder to the game that day and approached the gates from the opposite direction, having parked in Springbank Road. I'll try to upload it to Youtube when I get time, but right now I'm at w*rk overseas. I also filmed the crowd heading down the ramp after the game.

I agree mate but wouldn't you be willing to move seat for one game?

Last time I brought a neutral to SMP it was for a home match v hibs.

I did indeed move seats so we could sit together. .. and despite the stand being half empty we were moved twice away from reserved seats.

Don't get me wrong. .. with my season ticket seat, I would do the same...

If the seat wasn't guaranteed, I'd just make the effort to get therebearly enough.

Meantime... it ois sadly not worth the hassle.

So short sighted, as potential growth for any business is referrals from existing customers!

We should all try and bring a "neutral" to a game this season. Hopefully a few will come back.

I did that last season, but he was from Plymouth and the miserable bastard woudn't pay to travel up every second week. It was the Ne'erday game against Kille though and he was impressed by our performance.

Bringing a neutral to a live game is a positive move that can help to generate an electric atmosphere. No doubt however, someone will have a negative comment to make. There always seem to be opinions on here that are poles apart.

Edited by BAWZ

Bringing a neutral to a live game is a positive move that can help to generate an electric atmosphere. No doubt however, someone will have a negative comment to make. There always seem to be opinions on here that are poles apart.

I am all for expanding our support base and encouraging neutrals to attend, but I really don't think it would help the atmosphere one iota!

Classic example is the cup final... I bought six tickets for two ST holders... each of us brought two neutrals.

The Cup final experience was amazing and I wouldn't change it for anything... but the large number of neutrals had a nullifying affect on the volume of our support.

That said... I truly am all for looking at ways of increasing our support... ... but I genuinely don't think it would affect the atmosphere positively at all... ... what it would do, is increase our funds, which is no bad thing.

Very funny contribution BAWZ. You should charge for humour like that! Made even funnier that the next poster missed the joke(s) entirely!

Aye, his post brought me down to earth with a bang. I was going to reply, but managed to resist. Still, I knew what the filament.

Current humor aside, it is something i'm sure we all try to do (bring neutrals to games). There have been a few positive experiences in the recent past for me with the Semi Final and Final being the most obvious, but sadly it doesn't take many negative experiences for the enthusiasm on their part to fade.

Perhaps I should pick and choose better in future, but as is mentioned above, it does highlight the importance of getting youngsters hooked early so they keep coming back through thick and thin (as most neutrals will naturally be OF fans of old and not used to life without winning every week).

Current humor aside, it is something i'm sure we all try to do (bring neutrals to games).  There have been a few positive experiences in the recent past for me with the Semi Final and Final being the most obvious, but sadly it doesn't take many negative experiences for the enthusiasm on their part to fade.

Perhaps I should pick and choose better in future, but as is mentioned above, it does highlight the importance of getting youngsters hooked early so they keep coming back through thick and thin (as most neutrals will naturally be OF fans of old and not used to life without winning every week).

Indeed... my fellow ST holding Saints fan came along initially as a reluctant non attending blue-nose because a... I treated him.... and b... he likes football.

Partick Thistle are streets ahead of us and others in recruiting future security, having had free admission for under 16's for some time now.

For clarification, are 'neutrals' the same as 'glory hunting bawsacks who turn out at Hampden for the cup finals, but couldn't find Greenhill Road on a map if you gave them the world's biggest map and access to Google Earth'?

Thanks in advance, confused of Cumbernauld.

For clarification, are 'neutrals' the same as 'glory hunting bawsacks who turn out at Hampden for the cup finals, but couldn't find Greenhill Road on a map if you gave them the world's biggest map and access to Google Earth'?

Thanks in advance, confused of Cumbernauld.

Probably. I brought four of said bawsacks to the final... ain't paying for them to see a league match.

Still... they did their duty and cheered us on at Hampden... and no testicles were lost in the process.

Probably. I brought four of said bawsacks to the final... ain't paying for them to see a league match.

Still... they did their duty and cheered us on at Hampden... and no testicles were lost in the process.

Ha.... Only joshing about the glory hunters. Trying to think the last time I was a genuine neutral at a football match. Even at games not involving St Mirren, I've been supporting Newcastle, Leeds, or whoever. Nope, genuinely can't remember being on the fence at a senior football match.

Edited by pozbaird