Brought A Neutral To The Game On Saturday

Ha.... Only joshing about the glory hunters. Trying to think the last time I was a genuine neutral at a football match. Even at games not involving St Mirren, I've been supporting Newcastle, Leeds, or whoever. Nope, genuinely can't remember being on the fence at a senior football match.

I don't enjoy watching a football match where I cant decide I know who I want to win I have to want one of the teams to win though I can be pretty varied over the reasons that I use to pick who I am supporting and although I am supporting them during that match I wouldnt necessarily consider myself a fan as that is reserved purely for St Mirren.

Here are some of the reasons I have picked teams while at games as a "neutral":

Stenhousemuir v Dumbarton - Dumbarton as it was cheaper to get into their end and you could stand in their end (they were also actually my local team if you go as crow flies from where I grew up, but the small matter of the River Clyde got in the way).

East Stirlingshire v Dundee United - East Stirling as they would have been the better team for us to meet in the next round of the cup, they got cuffed.

Ajax v Real Madrid - Ajax as I hate Real Madrid and love Amsterdam.

Barca V Espanyol - Barca, due to the St Mirren "connection"

There are loads of others but cant think of them all off the cuff but mainly I support the underdogs, or the team I don't hate and in Scottish games you would generally find a reason to hate one of the teams, be it they have done St Mirren an injustice or they have a player that is a hate figure at St Mirren chris.gif

Watching games on TV I usually want one team to win too. For example, I would want to see any Chelsea team containing John Terry and Ashley Cole to be pumped.

The Manchester derby is a tough call. I want both of them to get pumped rotten.

See I don't mind Man U too much but struggle to work out who I want to win in a Chelsea v Man City match, in saying that I have only started disliking Man City since they got their new owners.

My wife doesn't like football, but I'm trying to transformer. She keeps resisting so I may have to resort to assault and battery. I might ditch her anyway, coz I have my ion the woman next door.

Edited by BAWZ