Strikers

GMBB

I think he's worth taking a punt on , can imagine him linking up well with Thommo, we have a paper thin squad and time against us, who would you bring in???

I can imagine Thommo booting him in the stones after 10 minutes in the dressing room together.

I can imagine Thommo booting him in the stones after 10 minutes in the dressing room together.

Very likely, so who would you bring in? I know it's DLs faults for waiting so long but there isn't a great deal of options ...

Ps a few folks on twitter suggesting he's already training with us

Totally disagree nish was pish for hibs and dundee, Beatties too injury prone, Reilly and Brady i think are both talented but too lightweight to handle spl football

I'd take any one of them over Riordan.

You really have to ask yourself why no-one else has taken a punt on him.

Colin Nish, in particular is a dreadful shout.

He's a washed up has-been, who has recently failed a trial at Livingston. Scored grand total of two goals in 25 games for Dundee last season and was labelled as one of the worst Dundee strikers ever by a few supporters.

I agree that we have left it far too late but he could defo add something to the squad, At the end of the day if riordan bangs the goals in for us then we will all be totally fine with him I am sure of that

we might all be fine with him... but I wonder how the coaching team plan to handle him given their treatment of Carey and Imrie.

Both Carey and Imrie could do a job for us... but were sent packing for non-playing issues.

I can't for the life of me see Riordan being any different.

So much talent going to waste... but it would take a Fergie figure to get that out of him consistently.

I can't remember. Is it Derek Riordan or Garry O'Connor who is the real bampot?

YES!

Although IF Riordan could be kept on the straight and narrow I would argue with anyone about his ability. O'Connor is now about ten stone overweight and was doing Community service I believe.

Clearly why I capitalised IF and why I didn't say our coaches could sort him out. It appears only Riordan can do this.

There's a reason why he's failed completely at every team he's been at or been on trial with since Hibs (who aren't even interested) - he's a total waster.

There's no reason why we would be any different to any of these teams. At least Reilly & Brady are young and appear determined to make something of themselves in the game - Riordan had some talent but clearly doesn't give a fuck.

There's a reason why he's failed completely at every team he's been at or been on trial with since Hibs (who aren't even interested) - he's a total waster.

There's no reason why we would be any different to any of these teams. At least Reilly & Brady are young and appear determined to make something of themselves in the game - Riordan had some talent but clearly doesn't give a f**k.

This.

This is a guy who could potentially have featured regularly for his country, played in the Champions League with Celtic, and sorted himself out financially for life before the age of 30.

Anyone who thinks that he would move to St Mirren and miraculously turn his life around is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Don't get me wrong, I try not to write people off out of hand, but I would strongly object to our club taking a chance on a waster like this when young lads who deserve a genuine chance would be sidelined as a result.

I have compiled a list of strikers that are out of contract at the moment that may be of interest to us. What's your thoughts on any of these? Not much out there.

Mamady Sidibe (stoke)

David Healy (bury)

Stephen Elliott (coventry)

Ricardo Fuller (charlton)

Colin Nish (hartlepol)

Gary Taylor Fletcher (blackpool)

Scot Dobie (york)

Omer Riza (ex arsenal)

Darius Vassell (ex villa)

Andy Barrowman (ex ross county)

Kevin Kyle (ex rangers)

Id take any of them.