Snp Caught Lying Yet Again....

Stuart Dickson

Brilliant toys out the pram post there oaksoft. I also particularly liked your post where you must know because you live in the US, unarguable facts like this really hammered home your point 1eye.gif

I was pointing out that Charlotte Saint DOES live in the US and so will undoubtedly know more about US electricity prices than anyone living in Lanarkshire.

As I then said in a later post, I'm not throwing toys out of the pram. I'm refusing to engage with intellectual morons and mentally suspect loons.

Have you nothing to say about it. After copying and pasting it on here.

I'm glad he was eventually brought to justice, Just a pity his first wife didn't do something about it to prevent him doing it to the other two, likewise for his second for his third.

Next year i will be voting for independence so that in years to come, i'm not responsible like those who were lied to in the 70's regarding how we would be worse off. Better together, still lying to you.

F*** me, Stevie! Total agreement. blink.png

Which polls suggest that?

How do you work THAT out? The polls suggest YES have the momentum.

What have the NO campaign got to offer? (Other than negativity)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/former-labour-mp-better-together-in-danger-of-making-scottish-independence-inevitable.1375704113

http://wingsoverscotland.com/looking-ahead/

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/what-is-disclosure/

An enhanced check would have highlighted that he was accused of domestic abuse in both his previous marriages. It was a matter of public record, indeed it was how the Sunday Herald managed to expose his abusive history. The SNP responded to the article by expelling Walker from the party for not disclosing the information on allegations during his MSP vetting. Now if either the SNP or the Scottish Parliament did not know about the allegations they were not doing their job properly. An MSP has access to many vulnerable groups through the nature of their work. Walker should never have been allowed to stand for office.

You need to get a job! or if you have one then ' get back to work' . Having now read this thread from the start, I have one point to make.

Isn't renewable energy in place to reduce co2 emissions , rather than reduce energy costs?

You need to get a job! or if you have one then ' get back to work' . Having now read this thread from the start, I have one point to make.

Isn't renewable energy in place to reduce co2 emissions , rather than reduce energy costs?

The CO2 emissions con keeps rearing its ugly head doesn't it.

Look, I'm no scientist but tree's - amongst other things - are natures way of cleaning up CO2, converting it into O2 and capturing carbon. Photosynthasis is something that is taught at Primary school and we should all have heard of it. Yet we keep insisting on chopping down trees and replacing them with wind farms and then having done that we get Oaksoft telling us that the future is in carbon capture within the wind turbines themselves. Now long term Oaksoft is probably correct. Ultimately the answer to increased CO2 levels will probably be man made - it has to be because every government in living memory has been chopping down trees for one reason or another.

Any government that is serious about reducing CO2 emissions wouldn't be generating more energy - it would be reducing energy usage. It would be encouraging companies to have their staff work from home getting rid of the daily commute for those who don't need to travel. It would be incentivising the use of HVAC and lighting controls in the industrial and domestic market rather than giving handouts to those who installed solar panels on their roofs. And it would be heavily investing in the kind of smart technology that recognises when an electrical item is on standby, turning the product off rather than having thousands of civil servants in public sector posts leave their PC's on through the night because they can't be arsed logging back in in the morning.

Renewable energy isn't just about CO2.

It's more about two things.

Firstly a long term replacement for oil. Despite what the Lanarkshire numpty thinks, bringing in truly renewable energy will take vast amounts of investment and will take years to develop. Nobody will invest in technology which won't be allowed to be used UNTIL the oil runs out hence it's necessary introduction now.

Secondly, it allows is to control our own energy and buys us long term energy security something we can't do whilst we rely on the Middle East for petrol.

BTW for those of you who might be interested, trees are not routinely being cut down to put up wind farms. More inane shit from our resident troll.

Most wind farms are going in on hilly ground.

Also, whilst trees are important CO2 sinks, in actual fact it's the oceans which are the major sinks.

This is why ocean temperatures are important and why scientists are worried about rising temps.

Yes flooding is a worry but the main problem is that like warming coke and seeing it bubble again, warming oceans release vast quantities of CO2 back into the atmosphere.

Finally the key is not to get caught up in absolute amounts of CO2 sinks and sources and worry about the delicate balance between them being broken.

Nature has a fine balance through many mechanisms.

This is why a 5% adjustment in that balance is a worry. We simply don't know whether nature can correct for this.

This is why scientists are seemingly obsessed with the relatively tiny amount of man made CO2.

BTW for those of you who might be interested, trees are not routinely being cut down to put up wind farms. More inane shit from our resident troll.

Most wind farms are going in on hilly ground.

Also, whilst trees are important CO2 sinks, in actual fact it's the oceans which are the major sinks.

This is why ocean temperatures are important and why scientists are worried about rising temps.

Yes flooding is a worry but the main problem is that like warming coke and seeing it bubble again, warming oceans release vast quantities of CO2 back into the atmosphere.

Finally the key is not to get caught up in absolute amounts of CO2 sinks and sources and worry about the delicate balance between them being broken.

Nature has a fine balance through many mechanisms.

This is why a 5% adjustment in that balance is a worry. We simply don't know whether nature can correct for this.

This is why scientists are seemingly obsessed with the relatively tiny amount of man made CO2.

Ahem, don't be sucked in by the great SNP con. Have a read at these

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2011/07/31/millions-of-trees-felled-for-wind-farms/

http://www.thinkscotland.org/thinkpolitics/articles.html?read_full=11588&article=www.thinkscotland.org

Over the past decade 5000-10,000 hectares of Scotland’s woodland has been destroyed for wind farm development
"Europe's largest onshore wind farm, Whitelee Wind Farm, was not only built on the deep peatland of Eaglesham Moor, south of Glasgow, but the Forestry Commission revealed that over 1,500 acres of forest were felled to facilitate the project. The irreparable damage caused to natural carbon sinks means that more CO2 was released into the atmosphere than would ever be saved by turbines."
Edited by Stuart Dickson

We can all selectively quote, Dicko. People might listen to you more if you made a BALANCED argumaent, instead of relying oin the bits that suit your position.

Figures released earlier this year revealed the Scottish Government sold 18,000 hectares of forest since 2007.

But over the same period it had bought just 7200 hectares.

It is not known what proportion ended up in the hands of wind farm developers.

A spokesman for Forestry Commission Scotland said that decisions on wind farms were mainly taken by local authorities.

He added: “Across Scotland, a total of about 60,000 hectares of new woodland has been created during the last 10 years so we are certainly planting far more trees than we have lost. “

We can all selectively quote, Dicko. People might listen to you more if you made a BALANCED argumaent, instead of relying oin the bits that suit your position.

Figures released earlier this year revealed the Scottish Government sold 18,000 hectares of forest since 2007.

A spokesman for Forestry Commission Scotland said that decisions on wind farms were mainly taken by local authorities.

He added: “Across Scotland, a total of about 60,000 hectares of new woodland has been created during the last 10 years so we are certainly planting far more trees than we have lost. “

This is why I don't engage with him.

It's exactly this sort of shit that leaves him talking to himself.

The point is though that they aren't effectively tackling the CO2 emissions issue. Think about it, how much CO2 has been put into the atmosphere in the process of felling all those trees, or in manufacturing and shipping all the components for the wind farm, or indeed for the clearing of the new sites for the planting of new trees. You are removing natural and effective carbon sinks like trees and deep peatland and you are doing it at great expense to the taxpayer in order to install inefficient, ineffective and under developed technology.

Gas and coal fired power stations are much more efficient both in energy generation and in terms of cost. We can run those plants with existing effective carbon capture technology. We can leave the tree's and peatland to do their job - save huge sums of taxpayers money, create far more construction and energy industry jobs, and if we are still worried about CO2 emissions we can invest in technology and working practices that mean we reduce our energy usage. As I've already said a great place to start would be in the Scottish Parliament itself where many staff leave their PC's and laptops on over night rather than powering off - and in our public sector buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

On the banking side, interesting article debunking StuD's assertions. Again.

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/bizforscotland-destroys-the-no-campaigns-bank-bail-out-lies/

I'm a believer in freedom of speech (excluding things like racism etc) but the problem is that you have to allow absolute idiots to say any old shite and then people who DO have a rough idea of what is going on have to spend inordinate amounts of time debunking their trolling pish.

Dickson is a classic example of that.

I've never heard such inane shite in all my life as regards any of his points on CO2 or sustainable energy.

To have ANY chance of understanding the CO2 issue enough you need to undertake some serious scientific training because the problem of CO2 is written in terms of highly advanced mathematics, chemistry and physics and yet our resident pipefitter sees no need for all that effort.

As far as the financial stuff is concerned, I really don't think there's anyone on here other than Reynard who has ever agreed with Dicky on any point he's ever made at any time since I joined this forum in 2006.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24046094

Conservative chairman Grant Shapps has condemned as an "absolute disgrace" a UN official's critical comments on the government's housing benefit changes.

"It is completely wrong and an abuse of the process for somebody to come over, to fail to meet with government ministers, to fail to meet with the department responsible, to produce a press release two weeks after coming, even though the report is not due out until next spring, and even to fail to refer to the policy properly throughout the report.

The Department for Work and Pensions later confirmed that Ms Rolnik, the UN special rapporteur on housing "had one meeting with a senior official at the DWP".

I thought someone should post this. Imagine someone from the caring conservative party lying. bangin.gif

He must have rang up Dicko for advice.

Edited by saint in exile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24046094

Conservative chairman Grant Shapps has condemned as an "absolute disgrace" a UN official's critical comments on the government's housing benefit changes.

"It is completely wrong and an abuse of the process for somebody to come over, to fail to meet with government ministers, to fail to meet with the department responsible, to produce a press release two weeks after coming, even though the report is not due out until next spring, and even to fail to refer to the policy properly throughout the report.

The Department for Work and Pensions later confirmed that Ms Rolnik, the UN special rapporteur on housing "had one meeting with a senior official at the DWP".

I thought someone should post this. Imagine someone from the caring conservative party lying. bangin.gif

He's angry. Very angry.

Sadly, Shapps isn't angry about people being evicted from their houses and having to live on the streets because there's a shortage of smaller houses to put all these people.

Neither is he angry about the humiliation and pain suffered by the disabled.

No, tragicalkly what makes his blood boil is that nobody outside the Tory government will refer to it as the Spare Room Subsidy - a phrase which suggests some form of choice was being made by the home dwellers to live in luxury and opulence.

He's angry that everyone is quite rightly calling it the Bedroom Tax which suggests the poor are being penalised for being poor.

Apparently it wasn't government supported rich bankers who caused the financial crisis, it was all those poor people guv.