So Farewell Then Ian Black For 3 Games.

shull

He could be a goner from football if found guilty of betting against his own Team.

The Newcunto F.C. losses last season against Stirling Albion and Annan Athletic could've made some punters ,hefty winnings.

Edited by shull

He's been a bit naughty betting on games that his Club were involved in but..... I don't see what is wrong with a player betting on games he has nothing to do with.

Is Black the only player in Scotland that puts a fixed odds on?

The Accrington Stanley managing director has been suspended from football for 21 months for 735 breaches of FA betting rules. 231 were on games involving Accrington and 37 of them were on them to lose. He's just a pen-pusher, not directly involved at all. A number of their players were got lengthy suspensions a few years ago for betting on a game they played in and Stoke's Cameron Jerome was fined £50,000 for breaking betting rules but not related to betting on games he was involved in. In the 60's I can remember a few English players going to jail over this, which did include match-faxing admittedly, but the authorities frown on this from a good height. Think Shull's original comments might just hit the nail on the head. bangin.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23753989

Must be tempting for footballers, not that they need the money mind you but with the amount of markets offered online these days it must be easy. Wouldn't be hard to make sure over 10 corners came up or first yellow card. Probably goes on more than you would think.

You usually get good odds on predicting which week in December Morton will 'accidentally' fcuk up their Division 1 challenge. I'm going for the week after Christmas this time.

Guest somner9

The SFA refuse to acknowledge the source of the info leading to Ian Black being charged.

An SFA spokesman said "We would never prejudice a case, or ever knowingly drop Ally in it"

You usually get good odds on predicting which week in December Morton will 'accidentally' fcuk up their Division 1 challenge. I'm going for the week after Christmas this time.

I can't believe that you typed fcuk, yet openly typed the full name M*rt*n without any sef-censorship. Shame on you.

I can't believe that you typed fcuk, yet openly typed the full name M*rt*n without any sef-censorship. Shame on you.

I like Morton. At least their fans don't jump on buses heading for you-know-where. Just wish they weren't so rubbish and could give us top flight derbies.

It didn't wee fat Sally too long to put his neb in.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/236971-ally-mccoist-ive-a-list-of-over-100-footballers-who-bet-on-their-own-team/

The Ibrox boss said: "We just need to get a few things straight. a list of players and football officials in our country that quite enjoy putting a wee bit on. Having a wee coupon here or a couple of quid here on their team.

Yes Fatty but how any bet AGAINST their team? Especially IF that team were favourites to win!!!!!

Deja vu?

More people being named at the behest of this mob to counteract legitimate investigations?

I believe so1

Edited by stlucifer

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS

So...he admits betting against his own team on 3 occassions, including I believe one game where he was sent off, and he gets a 1 match ban for each time WTF, he shouldve been banned for at least 3 years not 3 feckin games

The REAL issue is

is this punishment going to be the standard

the footballing authorities cant and probably will not define "punishments" that fit the crime as they have been seen to be sooo inconsistant in the past and present

10 game ban with 7 suspended........naw..canny get my head round that one