Drugs, Mules Or Fools?

faraway saint

Guest somner9

As Faraway says, few of us haven't significantly bungled in our lifetimes.

Aye right, I must be in a minority in that my bungles in life so far haven't stretched to stuffing £1.5m worth of drugs down my La Senza's and trying to breeze through customs in one of the most drug trafficked (therfore watched) airports in south america when my folks thought I was flashing my hooters in Ibiza....

But thats jist me...!

Edited by somner9

Aye right, I must be in a minority in that my bungles in life so far haven't stretched to stuffing £1.5m worth of drugs down my La Senza's and trying to breeze through customs in one of the most drug trafficked (therfore watched) airports in south america when my folks thought I was flashing my hooters in Ibiza....

But thats jist me...!

lol...superb

I assume it's OK to give your personal opinion on this, ahead of any official trial judgement? If so, here goes. It seems to me these two were well into the Ibiza party lifestyle and all that goes with it. My feeling is that they knew of other people who had gotten away with it and had earned maybe 5k - 10k or even more. To fuel their Ibiza party lifestyle, they readily agreed to have a pop at this themselves, thinking they would get away with it too. Forced? My suspicion is the only thing they were forced to do was forcing themselves out of bed each afternoon after the latest night's clubbing, bevvying, partaking of substances and shagging.

They, unlike Jimmy, Boab' and Wullie who they saw flashing their cash after getting away with it, didn't get away with it. Nae' luck. A pair of fcuking idiots who ARE old enough to know exactly what kind of shit they were doing.

This is purely my vision of events. I may be completely and utterly wrong of course. Somehow I don't think I'm that far away though.

Edited by pozbaird

Even if they were "forced" and "threatened", they must have had opportunities to contact authorities.

There is no way the courts won't hammer them, even if they were "forced", otherwise, what deterrent is there for other idiots that think contributing to ruined lives by being part of a drug supply chain is easy cash.

Even if they were "forced" and "threatened", they must have had opportunities to contact authorities.

There is no way the courts won't hammer them, even if they were "forced", otherwise, what deterrent is there for other idiots that think contributing to ruined lives by being part of a drug supply chain is easy cash.

Indeed. As far as I am aware these Colombian drug barons weren't sitting behind them on the aircraft with loaded pistols in their hand luggage. A crock of Sevco, the whole thing.

I assume it's OK to give your personal opinion on this, ahead of any official trial judgement? If so, here goes. It seems to me these two were well into the Ibiza party lifestyle and all that goes with it. My feeling is that they knew of other people who had gotten away with it and had earned maybe 5k - 10k or even more. To fuel their Ibiza party lifestyle, they readily agreed to have a pop at this themselves, thinking they would get away with it too. Forced? My suspicion is the only thing they were forced to do was forcing themselves out of bed each afternoon after the latest night's clubbing, bevvying, partaking of substances and shagging.

They, unlike Jimmy, Boab' and Wullie who they saw flashing their cash after getting away with it, didn't get away with it. Nae' luck. A pair of fcuking idiots who ARE old enough to know exactly what kind of shit they were doing.

This is purely my vision of events. I may be completely and utterly wrong of course. Somehow I don't think I'm that far away though.

Precisely, and they're getting peoples sympathy because it's all over the news when there are innocent people being murdered in Egypt and Syria and a major radioactive leak in Japan.

Were you NEVER young? People make mistakes, some mistakes are more serious than others. I'm sure most "elders" have made a mistake or two and it's not ended in this situation these two find themselves in.

I do enjoy your pompous posts, they make me feel happy I'm not as intelligent as you. whistling.gif

Hmmmmm. I was once young but I must admit to never feeling tempted to be a drugs mule or pretend to be "hard" by stabbing a guy who "dissed" me or drink a pint glass containing 7 different spirits or pour neat alcohol into my eye socket or climb up the outside of a building to get to my balcony whist stoned or tombstone off a cliff onto the hidden rocks just under the surface of the water.

Mind you I was taught to understand the word consequences unlike this generation who are taught that mummy and daddy will always wipe their arses.

As for your last sentence? Few are bud. You're in good company in this forum.

Just for the record here is how it works in Spain.

The guy who got caught with drugs(cannabis)in his case pleaded guilty and got two years. Two others charged with association pleaded not guilty and got three years.They went to court after two and were told admit it and you are free to go.Both declined and went back to prison.

Best to plead guilty even if you are not.f**k principals.

This sounds awfully like the mythical "Johnny Foreigner courts are all incompetent and rigged" sort of comment us Brits are excellent at spinning.

They were caught with vast quantities of drugs.

Not many ways of getting out of that.

I don't feel sympathy towards them, but nor would I hold them in contempt. As Faraway says, few of us haven't significantly bungled in our lifetimes.

There's a pretty substantial difference between getting a bit too pissed (which most of us have done) and being a drugs mule.

The latter is hardly a "bungle".

But thats jist me...!

Get a grip.

Here is one example. People getting into the driving seat of their car after having too much to drink.

I suspect quite a few people on here have done it. Not all would have been caught, of course, but many will have done it nonetheless.

If you think about it, the consequences of driving when under the influence can be catastrophic. Even when caught, though, the likely punishment is a year's ban and a £300 fine or thereabouts. Hard lesson? Hmm. Bungle? Well yes, though that would hardly describe it if an RTA resulted with fatalities the consequence.

Let's not kid ourselves on here. Many of us have f**ked up, and quite seriously. Maybe you are in the squeeky-clean 'minority', but you wouldn't have to look too far to find others who have erred. It happens, and if you don't accept that, you're kidding yourself on.

Guest somner9

Get a grip.

Here is one example. People getting into the driving seat of their car after having too much to drink.

I suspect quite a few people on here have done it. Not all would have been caught, of course, but many will have done it nonetheless.

If you think about it, the consequences of driving when under the influence can be catastrophic. Even when caught, though, the likely punishment is a year's ban and a £300 fine or thereabouts. Hard lesson? Hmm. Bungle? Well yes, though that would hardly describe it if an RTA resulted with fatalities the consequence.

Let's not kid ourselves on here. Many of us have f**ked up, and quite seriously. Maybe you are in the squeeky-clean 'minority', but you wouldn't have to look too far to find others who have erred. It happens, and if you don't accept that, you're kidding yourself on.

I've f**ked up as much as the next ordinary joe. But again that never extended to flying round the world to traffic £1.5m worth of drugs that is paid for by forced prostitution, addiction, violence, and death..... if you drink and drive hell f**king mend you!

that said the kicker for me would be this regarding the drug mules.....

let's say they breezed through customs la senza's intact, landed in spain, passed go, didnt go to jail and picked up their hefty wedge. would they be marching straight to the authorities to hand it over and shop these alleged tyranical traffickers..?

I's suggest not, i'd suggest they'd be off to peru again as soon as Pablo wanted some more charlie shifting in their pants.

funny we never hear of a drug mule thats caught confessing... 'yes i f**king did it, and I did it for cash'

If proved to be the case, I'm with Oaksoft on this. That isn't messing up, making a mistake, or being a daft teenager. If that's what they did, Shull has a ready-made phrase for them.

I don't disagree Paul. I've already said I have no sympathy for them.

My point is that people are awful quick to judge when it seems to me that many of us have been guilty of major errors of judgement in life. I know I have. That's why I'm not inclined to be overly judgemental in this instance.

I've f**ked up as much as the next ordinary joe. But again that never extended to flying round the world to traffic £1.5m worth of drugs that is paid for by forced prostitution, addiction, violence, and death.....

You're missing the point.

Where have I downplayed the significance of what they might have done?

My point is about the moral majority and their subjective judgements. Maybe I move in darker circles than you.

funny we never hear of a drug mule thats caught confessing... 'yes i f**king did it, and I did it for cash'

Do you EVER get anything right? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

Nick Jones from west London, described his reaction at being caught at trying to smuggle nearly 2kg of cocaine out of Peru's International airport in Lima as "very surprised".

He was arrested in April 2009.

End Quote Nick Jones Briton jaied in Puru

"I was told that everything was taken care of, that the airport security had been paid in order to let me through," he said.

"I believed those lies so I thought it would be plain sailing."

But Nick's illusion of easy money soon came crashing down.

He said: "There is no such thing as a quick buck. They will tell you that the airport security has been paid off but all they are trying to do is get one out of 10 to come through for them and they've made their money.

I don't disagree Paul. I've already said I have no sympathy for them.

My point is that people are awful quick to judge when it seems to me that many of us have been guilty of major errors of judgement in life. I know I have. That's why I'm not inclined to be overly judgemental in this instance.

Don't get me wrong - I am acutely aware that the personal opinion I offered earlier is judgemental, reactionary, possibly ill-founded, and offered up with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Possibly snobbish, could be pompous, and it doesn't portray me in a very good light.

Having said that.... Guilty as sin. 15 years seems fair, plus 2 for having Mickey Mouse hair.

Don't get me wrong - I am acutely aware that the personal opinion I offered earlier is judgemental, reactionary, possibly ill-founded, and offered up with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Possibly snobbish, could be pompous, and it doesn't portray me in a very good light.

Having said that.... Guilty as sin. 15 years seems fair, plus 2 for having Mickey Mouse hair.

Oh dear, Minnie Mouse, she's a girl...................happy.pngtongue.png

Guest somner9

You're missing the point.

Where have I downplayed the significance of what they might have done?

My point is about the moral majority and their subjective judgements. Maybe I move in darker circles than you.

Subjective judgements..? what if your son/daughter/young relative gets hooked on the filth these wee lassies were shifting..?

Would you see there cross continent supply trips as youthful bungles then..? c'mon this isn't getting in a fight, knicking a motor, smashing a window.... it's mafia-style organised crime and thes egirls were in it for profit at many others expense and misery....