Drugs, Mules Or Fools?

faraway saint

Good points in there ZA, and a more sophisticated representation of some of the points I was trying to make.

Internet forums are what internet forums are. That is to say, they are seldom bastions of erudite and reasoned critical analysis. That is one of the plus points for me as it happens. My line of work is such that I like to switch off and slabber drivel on the forum from time to time. All in all, its a pretty harmless way to pass the time.

More often than not, though, when topics such as this are discussed, there is a polarisation in the views expressed, and seldom any meaningful debate. Indeed, how often do you read a post whereby someone is responding to another by acknowledging the strength of an argument and conceding ground? Nah, the usual strategy is to refer to the other as a fanny and add a smiley face. Fair enough, its only an internet forum.

As a general rule, I try not to be too hasty to judge people. Too many people know too much about me for starters, but I also think it is an unhealthy approach to life. I subscribe to the there but for fortune approach to how I view myself, and find that keeps my feet on the ground, and head out my arse (most of the time).

What I have thought about is how anyone could deal with facing fifteen years in jail. Even if it was in the UK you could have visitors and everyone would at least speak English. Fact is, despite what I may think of their actions, they are young women facing fifteen years in a Peruvian jail. I don't know how anyone can even begin to deal with that ordeal mentally, much less when you consider the other issues with this being thousands of miles away from home.

Then again, you come around full circle and back to the reason they are facing fifteen years in a Peruvian jail. Still scary though - if they serve fifteen years, when they come out, Conor Newton will have retired, having had a long and successful football career and is maybe moving into management or coaching. FFS.

What I have thought about is how anyone could deal with facing fifteen years in jail. Even if it was in the UK you could have visitors and everyone would at least speak English. Fact is, despite what I may think of their actions, they are young women facing fifteen years in a Peruvian jail. I don't know how anyone can even begin to deal with that ordeal mentally, much less when you consider the other issues with this being thousands of miles away from home.

Then again, you come around full circle and back to the reason they are facing fifteen years in a Peruvian jail. Still scary though - if they serve fifteen years, when they come out, Conor Newton will have retired, having had a long and successful football career and is maybe moving into management or coaching. FFS.

It would be amazing if the girls thought about their sentence in those terms clap.gif

These two are just the latest 'victims' of the horrendous illicit drug trade that claims victims on all sides every day. Their circumstances are probably being replicated at another airport , another port, right now, daft easily manipulated mules doing themselves and some supplier a so called 'favour'

From the high rollers and the boats in Monte Carlo to the emaciated jaikie pusher near school playgrounds, the homeless and destitute waster,drugs bring nothing but a brutally sad ending to an unsustainably happy yarn.

It would be amazing if the girls thought about their sentence in those terms clap.gif

The Thommohawk will be fifty. That's even scarier. Mind you, he'll still be the best striker at the club, still patiently waiting on a young pacy partner to play off his knock downs. Get it sorted Villas Boas.

The Thommohawk will be fifty. That's even scarier. Mind you, he'll still be the best striker at the club, still patiently waiting on a young pacy partner to play off his knock downs. Get it sorted Villas Boas.

There's a decent chance that some of us on this forum won't even be around any more.

We'll be awaiting the 2030 world cup qualifying draw and preparing for the 2028 Euro Finals.

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be a distant memory.

Celtic will have won something like their 18th SPL league title in a row - a feat which will never be repeated anywhere in the world.

Scottish teams will be losing Euro qualifiers to teams from the Faroe Islands and Luxemburg and Celtic will be complaining about the 12 qualifers they have to negotiate to make the CL group stages.

We'll be on our 4th Olympics since the 2012 one.

Almost every single currently serving MP and MSPs will have retired.

The Prime Minister and First Minister will be people whose names we don't even know yet.

If the YES campaign get their way, Scotland will have been independent for 14 years !!!

Edited by oaksoft

There's a decent chance that some of us on this forum won't even be around any more.

We'll be awaiting the 2030 world cup qualifying draw and preparing for the 2028 Euro Finals.

The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be a distant memory.

Celtic will have won something like their 18th SPL league title in a row - a feat which will never be repeated anywhere in the world.

Scottish teams will be losing Euro qualifiers to teams from the Faroe Islands and Luxemburg and Celtic will be complaining about the 12 qualifers they have to negotiate to make the CL group stages.

We'll be on our 4th Olympics since the 2012 one.

Almost every single currently serving MP and MSPs will have retired.

The Prime Minister and First Minister will be people whose names we don't even know yet.

If the YES campaign get their way, Scotland will have been independent for 14 years !!!

The Rangers will have made it from League One to the Championship. SG will have received a bid for the club, and rejected it. The Playstation 6 will be out. I'll have posted something sensible on the forum. Radiohead will have released a series of shit albums.

etc....

The Rangers will have made it from League One to the Championship. SG will have received a bid for the club, and rejected it. The Playstation 6 will be out. I'll have posted something sensible on the forum. Radiohead will have released a series of shit albums.

etc....

Don't you mean The The The The The The The Rangers?

Guest somner9

Good points in there ZA, and a more sophisticated representation of some of the points I was trying to make.

Internet forums are what internet forums are. That is to say, they are seldom bastions of erudite and reasoned critical analysis. That is one of the plus points for me as it happens. My line of work is such that I like to switch off and slabber drivel on the forum from time to time. All in all, its a pretty harmless way to pass the time.

More often than not, though, when topics such as this are discussed, there is a polarisation in the views expressed, and seldom any meaningful debate. Indeed, how often do you read a post whereby someone is responding to another by acknowledging the strength of an argument and conceding ground? Nah, the usual strategy is to refer to the other as a fanny and add a smiley face. Fair enough, its only an internet forum.

As a general rule, I try not to be too hasty to judge people. Too many people know too much about me for starters, but I also think it is an unhealthy approach to life. I subscribe to the there but for fortune approach to how I view myself, and find that keeps my feet on the ground, and head out my arse (most of the time).

thumbup2.gif

Oh right, you know them personally. Sorry, my apologies.....

Difficult to have sympathy for thickos who kicked the arse out of it in Ibiza, got caught being greedy, they have to bite the bullet and concentrate on their earliest release date, it does not take the brains of an archbishop to work out that they are stuck in peru for the foreseeable and it is entirely their own faults. Tough titty but if some people are too stupid for their own good then there is fùck all you or I can do about it.

• 1 month later...

I heard on a news item that they may serve their sentence in a UK jail.

That may help them and their families, but why should the UK taxpayer be held responsible?

I think they would have to serve half the sentence in Peru before being allowed to request a transfer to a cushy Brit nick.

The crime was commited in Peru and that's where the sentence should be served.

I heard on a news item that they may serve their sentence in a UK jail.

That may help them and their families, but why should the UK taxpayer be held responsible?

Why should they get an easy ride in a jail over here, smoking barlinnie thinnie roll ups and getting fùcked oot their heids on jellies, stinking black neck neds should just concentrate on their earliest release date and do their time.

They broke peruvian law so they will have to deal with the consequences, when they get out of jail in 4 or 5 years time they will no doubt try and sell their stories to fund their inevitable scummy ned lives back in the UK.

A pair of stupid wee spunk emptying vessels playing at gansters. They are now on the flip side of that lifestyle choice and I hope that as two White faces in a South American jail they have plenty of lubricant and toilet tissues.

Oh right, so beyond serving the sentence for the crime they committed, they also deserve to be raped whilst in jail? rolleyes.gif Yes, they deserve their punishment, and yes they should be serving their time. However they should also be protected from other violent crimes being carried out against them, that's not something that should happen to anybody, in jail or not.

Oh right, so beyond serving the sentence for the crime they committed, they also deserve to be raped whilst in jail? rolleyes.gif Yes, they deserve their punishment, and yes they should be serving their time. However they should also be protected from other violent crimes being carried out against them, that's not something that should happen to anybody, in jail or not.

Point out exactly where I have said they deserve to be raped?. Dont put words in my mouth!!!