Where Is The Striker?!

I find it hard to believe that 4 weeks into the season we still have only one notable striker and don't seem to be linked with anyone coming in!

I find it even harder to believe that in the last week of the transfer window we are in pursuit of a right back when we have DVZ, Barron, McGregor and Robertson as well as Cheesy and Naismith who can all cover this position!!

Can anyone enlighten us as to what is going on at greenhill road and if we are actually looking to sign a striker any more??

Guest somner9

I find it hard to believe that 4 weeks into the season we still have only one notable striker and don't seem to be linked with anyone coming in!

I find it even harder to believe that in the last week of the transfer window we are in pursuit of a right back when we have DVZ, Barron, McGregor and Robertson as well as Cheesy and Naismith who can all cover this position!!

Can anyone enlighten us as to what is going on at greenhill road and if we are actually looking to sign a striker any more??

SPS assured us ANDY was in the building..?

Levein has told you 4-6-0 is the way to go.

Looks like we are taking him to his word

May be , we will see some panic buying. .

Some folk on here would love that...

The window doesn't shut for a while yet, even then, it's likely that any players we sign will be free agents, meaning the closure of the transfer window is irrelevant. Yes, I would like us to have done the business by now, but we haven't, the worst thing we could possibly do is waste what little cash we have signing someone just for the sake of it...I'd much rather we waited a week or 2 and got the right man for the job...

Some folk on here would love that...

The window doesn't shut for a while yet, even then, it's likely that any players we sign will be free agents, meaning the closure of the transfer window is irrelevant. Yes, I would like us to have done the business by now, but we haven't, the worst thing we could possibly do is waste what little cash we have signing someone just for the sake of it...I'd much rather we waited a week or 2 and got the right man for the job...

The season ended in May.

We've had about 3 months to sort something out, and still haven't.

I don't really think that's terribly good.

This coming Saturday night news: Thommo pulls hamstring.......... out for 4 to 6 weeks.

PLEASE convince me we have sufficient back-up in the current squad to fill his boots and NOT go out and panic buy another Guy! unsure.png

Another Guy would be better than no-one at all, to be fair. Kevin Kyle wouldn't, right enough.

Talking of Kyle, did anyone see his interview on the BBC earlier in the week, when he talking about the player betting situation? He seemed to be at a training facility of some description. I thought it looked a tad familiar....Flush.gif

Another Guy would be better than no-one at all, to be fair. Kevin Kyle wouldn't, right enough.

Talking of Kyle, did anyone see his interview on the BBC earlier in the week, when he talking about the player betting situation? He seemed to be at a training facility of some description. I thought it looked a tad familiar....Flush.gif

You're a fanny. whistling.gif

wink.png