Where Is The Striker?!

Do they f**k!lol.gif

I'm not asking for names of targets. I would like to know if our budget has been increased or decreased on last season, and why. I would like to know why the club released two experienced strikers and hasn't replaced either of them despite us now going into our third competitive game.

I'm not asking for names of targets. I would like to know if our budget has been increased or decreased on last season, and why. I would like to know why the club released two experienced strikers and hasn't replaced either of them despite us now going into our third competitive game.

Tough shit on the budget matter. Again, that is nothing to do with us.

I can hazard a guess that Guy and Parkin were released. Because they were pish?

Why haven't they been replaced?

Because, to date, our targets or their clubs appear to have knocked us back, much like Stuart McCall's and Neil Lennon's targets appear to have done.

Tough shit on the budget matter. Again, that is nothing to do with us.

I can hazard a guess that Guy and Parkin were released. Because they were pish?

Why haven't they been replaced?

Because, to date, our targets or their clubs appear to have knocked us back, much like Stuart McCall's and Neil Lennon's targets appear to have done.

The playing budget is nothing to do with the fans? Em, we are a PLC, it will be published in our annual accounts. Also, that is the product we purchase, how do we not have a right to know? If the club came out and said our playing budget has had to be slashed this year because of 'xxx' then as long as 'xxx' are good enough reasons then fair enough. Plenty of clubs do that.

Comparing our squad to that we had on the 1st of May, i'd guesstimate our wage budget is at least 20% lower now than it was then, probably nearer 25%. Imrie, Guy, Parkin, Carey, Puri, Samson and Adam would have been on senior contracts. We've replaced them with one player on a senior contract. Is our wage budget this season 20% lower than last season? If so, why?

I agreed with the release of Parkin and Guy at the time, because i thought we could do much better. Did anyone on here seriously believe that those two might not be replaced by at least one new striker by our third game of the season?

Don't get the comparison with Motherwell and Celtic at all. Well have signed Vigurs, Lawson, McManus and Sutton, 4 experienced proven SPL players. They've replaced their spine, every manager wants more of course, but they aren't desperate, unlike us. Celtic are a completely irrelevant comparison on every single parameter available, you'd be aswell comparing us with Johnstone Burgh.

Don't get the comparison with Motherwell and Celtic at all. Well have signed Vigurs, Lawson, McManus and Sutton, 4 experienced proven SPL players. They've replaced their spine, every manager wants more of course, but they aren't desperate, unlike us. Celtic are a completely irrelevant comparison on every single parameter available, you'd be aswell comparing us with Johnstone Burgh.

I'm merely pointing out to the blinkered, that other clubs are having difficulty securing the services of players they have targeted.

So it's an extremely relevant comparison.

Whether they're richer or poorer than us is, however, irrelevant.

Edited by FTOF

The playing budget is nothing to do with the fans? Em, we are a PLC, it will be published in our annual accounts. Also, that is the product we purchase, how do we not have a right to know?

Erm. no it won't. The accounts will be an accurate statement of income, expenditure and a balance sheet. Nowhere will it mention what budget was available for players wages, cleaners wages, bus fares.................................................!!!!! There is no freedom of information in the private sector so you have no right to know. Next time you buy a packet of Juicy Fruit, try asking for a rundown of the Chicago Cubs player budget and see how far you get!!!! Chill and see what happens before the end of the window.

Em, we are a PLC, it will be published in our annual accounts.

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying, thought I needed to pick you up on this point.

PLC is the common abbreviation for "Public Limited Company".

St. Mirren are not a PLC. St. Mirren is a Private Limited Company (yes, the abbreviation is the same but I don't think you meant it in that sense).

Just a matter of time....someone will come.....someone will come..........they will come.........won't they?

I am so confident of a striker coming that as of now, I am going to stick my thumb up my arse and not remove it until he arrives and gstretchuk approves of him.

Luckily I am off work all next week.

Hurry up Danny!