Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

Don't you see that post is nonsense?

Points are worth the same regardless of when in the season they are won. FFS. 1eye.gif

Points won by an post split especially ones like Dundee gathered when they were effectively relegated aren't worth as much as points that could've been won earlier in the season.

Leaving aside Hearts it's really vital that we don't become detached from the rest of the bottom feeders, OK so I'll admit other teams have recovered from a poor start to make a reasonable finish but really we all know that's a minority. A draw is the very worst we can accept today. Who wants yet another season of catch-up football in the league?

I have a dream in which Danny Lennon attempts to play a more direct style of football with two big strikers.................

Edited by Bud the Baker

No excuses. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. We must win this game. Not draw it, not lose it, win it.

Over to you Danny boy.

Are you sure we must win it Lex?

Some so called Saints fans think that winning isn't important!

They think that games played early in the season have less points on offer than games played later in the season! :1eye

Points won by an post split especially ones like Dundee gathered when they were effectively relegated aren't worth as much as points that could've been won earlier in the season.

Is that because they are somehow discounted post split? You only get half points after the split? :P

Edited by Isabella Duke

Indeed. I knew you'd struggle to understand such a simple concept! 1eye.gif

So you're saying the two wins Dundee had against us once they were all but relegated mattered as much as the two losses, especially in the November game when they could have gone above us in the league! I knew you'd struggle to understand such a simple concept! 1eye.gif

The one good thing about Danny Lennon being in charge is that, as a result of you going in a huff and not posting on the forum every time we have a bad result, you hardly post on the forum during the season! lol.gif:

Haven't really had much to contribute to 3/4 game threads, the away trips to the Highlands and the midweek cup game when I was working but I've contributed where appropriate and liked any posts that deserve it. lol.gif:

Look forward to continuing this after the match - COYS!

With the message that was passed on by the players to the fans ,and along with a couple of hopefully good additions so far this week ,and forgetting the last couple of weeks,and with the supporters now getting more behind DL and continuing to back the team, lets move forward and "get in tae them ".COYS.......

Lets be loud and proud to be a buddie. I know as much as anyone does regarding our form, but for me the worst that could happen forby the obvious is that the jags will cheer the loudest. The St.Mirren team have the skill to beat this lot so please, as I am sure all will, support the buddies and lets be heard.

Teals dropped. McGowan on the bench. Yes, really.

McGinn and Bahoken start.

Why the hell would our most consistent player be dropped ,unless he has a slight knock dropping Teale is crazy. I wonder if we are going for a 4-4-2 .

Got to get behind the team still .COYS

Edited by linwood buddie

The one player in our squad that offers pace has been papped on the bench just as we have 2 strikers playing for the first time in months, teale gets to the byline, he can get balls into the box, but he can't do it while getting piles sitting on the bench

• 01 Cornell
  • 02 van Zanten
  • 06 Goodwin
  • 14 McAusland
  • 27 Grainger
  • 07 McGinn
  • 08 Harkins
  • 11 Mclean
  • 24 Newton
  • 09 Thompson
  • 19 Bahoken
Substitutes
  • 30 Dilo
  • 04 McGregor
  • 10 McGowan
  • 16 Caprice
  • 17 Reilly
  • 18 Kelly
  • 21 Teale
I actually like the look of that team, and we have some great options to come off the bench if required.

Only question mark for me would be Teale not on. If our new fellow is any good in the air, then Teale's crosses could be handy.