Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

I'm just glad this game isn't being played tomorrow. Maybe the players can watch some DVDs of how other teams play instead of listening to Danny's attempts at emulating Borussia Dortmund.

I wish it was being played sooner, wish the players could get right back out there and bounce back.

I haven't been up for a game as much as this since the final.

COYS.

Same here.

Despite everything that's been said and going on, I really can't wait for the game.

Let's get behind them for 90 minutes and not add any more pressure on them, they'll be feeling it enough without negativity from the stands.

Lets get right into this mob from the first minute - it's Partick Thistle FFS - reading some of the comments on here you would think we were due to play Bayern Munich on Saturday.

Lets get back to 4-4-2 and assuming we havent signed a striker get Harkins up alongside Thommo playing as a striking partnership. Midfield as it was at it's best last season Teale, Newton, McGownan and McGinn. DVZ needs to be dropped and I thought the defence we played v Kille did fine. Play that selection in a traditional 4-4-2 and lets get torn right in with the crowd right behind THE TEAM never mind the manager it's the team on the park we support. Lets show Plastic Whistle the real St Mirren and kick start our season.

TBH They are an unknown quantity, not sure what you can predict from TV highlights but the truth is if we lose this we are in deep trouble, a fact the Manager and players must realise.

If we don't get a reaction from last night and play as well as we can, which means we will hump them, the manager and players, remember that, deserve all that comes their way.

We are on the crest of a slump, a win is, and it's often overstated, is a must here.

The result? Fcuk knows, but I'd take a shit win right now as victory's help, or should do, the confidence.

TBH They are an unknown quantity, not sure what you can predict from TV highlights but the truth is if we lose this we are in deep trouble, a fact the Manager and players must realise.

If we don't get a reaction from last night and play as well as we can, which means we will hump them, the manager and players, remember that, deserve all that comes their way.

We are on the crest of a slump, a win is, and it's often overstated, is a must here.

The result? Fcuk knows, but I'd take a shit win right now as victory's help, or should do, the confidence.

They are far from an unknown quantity.

The core of their team has been together since last season.

Decent keeper.

Two full backs who like to attack.

Solid but young central defensive partnership.

Skillfull midfielder in Lawless.

Struggling up front with Doolan usually starting for the cross balls and then Baird coming on for him later in the match.

They will play a lone striker, give Lawless a licence to tear us apart if he can, and repeatedly try a long diagonal ball for their speedy right back O'Donnell to run onto.

Having watched them twice in competitive games this season I fear they are at least a match for us and not to be taken lightly.

They will bring a good supportive crowd, and when our home crowd gets tetchy, they will get a lift from that.

We can beat them... if set up and motivated properly we should beat them... ... but as things stand, I make them favourites!!!

They are far from an unknown quantity.

The core of their team has been together since last season.

Decent keeper.

Two full backs who like to attack.

Solid but young central defensive partnership.

Skillfull midfielder in Lawless.

Struggling up front with Doolan usually starting for the cross balls and then Baird coming on for him later in the match.

They will play a lone striker, give Lawless a licence to tear us apart if he can, and repeatedly try a long diagonal ball for their speedy right back O'Donnell to run onto.

Having watched them twice in competitive games this season I fear they are at least a match for us and not to be taken lightly.

They will bring a good supportive crowd, and when our home crowd gets tetchy, they will get a lift from that.

We can beat them... if set up and motivated properly we should beat them... ... but as things stand, I make them favourites!!!

You know all this "In depth" detail from what exactly? Two games?

Jeesus, they have played less than a handful of SPL games, hence the unknown quantity tag.

I certainly don't take them lightly, Christ right now I wouldn't take Arbroath lightly, but IF we play well we should beat them, IMO.

As I said, this game is, right now, a seriously important game for us as a club.

Forget all the personal shite aimed at the manager that seems to be the main aim from some, for the sake of our SPL survival, and any clown who suggest relegation might not be a bad thing is living on the wrong planet, we need 3 points.

You know all this "In depth" detail from what exactly? Two games?

Jeesus, they have played less than a handful of SPL games, hence the unknown quantity tag.

I certainly don't take them lightly, Christ right now I wouldn't take Arbroath lightly, but IF we play well we should beat them, IMO.

As I said, this game is, right now, a seriously important game for us as a club.

Forget all the personal shite aimed at the manager that seems to be the main aim from some, for the sake of our SPL survival, and any clown who suggest relegation might not be a bad thing is living on the wrong planet, we need 3 points.

YOU say "in depth", not me!

YOU say "unknown quantity", not me!

Danny sat not far from me at the last Thistle match I watched... he saw what I saw.

You reckon his team talk will be "well lads... they're a bit of an unknown quantity really... ... but we should win"?

Or is it possible that he will look at what he has witnessed and take it into account?

They may have played less than a handful of SPFL (to give it the correct title... a pedant would point out they haven't played ANY SPL games this season!!!) so far... but if you had finished reading my post before formulating your insightful reply, you would notice that I said the core of the team had been the same as the one that won promotion!

YOU say "in depth", not me!

YOU say "unknown quantity", not me!

Danny sat not far from me at the last Thistle match I watched... he saw what I saw.

You reckon his team talk will be "well lads... they're a bit of an unknown quantity really... ... but we should win"?

Or is it possible that he will look at what he has witnessed and take it into account?

They may have played less than a handful of SPFL (to give it the correct title... a pedant would point out they haven't played ANY SPL games this season!!!) so far... but if you had finished reading my post before formulating your insightful reply, you would notice that I said the core of the team had been the same as the one that won promotion!

I did say they were unknown and you said that were not? 1eye.gif

Thanks for pointing out the SPFL, great. lol.gif

Anyway, we could bang this around all night.

They, that's Partick Thistle, have only been in the top flight, is that ok?, for a few games and, in my opinion, if we play well we will hump them.

Again, right now, I wouldn't put cash on it as I said we are on the crest of a slump and it's hard to get put ouf the losing streak.

Right now I'm not sure the manager or the players are up to the task.

PS I don't know what Danny will say, as you don't. Speculating is only exactly that, a guess.

Edited by faraway saint

I did say they were unknown and you said that were not? 1eye.gif

Thanks for pointing out the SPFL, great. lol.gif

Anyway, we could bang this around all night.

They, that's Partick Thistle, have only been in the top flight, is that ok?, for a few games and, in my opinion, if we play well we will hump them.

Again, right now, I wouldn't put cash on it as I said we are on the crest of a slump and it's hard to get put ouf the losing streak.

Right now I'm not sure the manager or the players are up to the task.

PS I don't know what Danny will say, as you don't. Speculating is only exactly that, a guess.

so what do you reckon Danny and TC will base their tactics and formation on then and on what basis do you feel that by playing well we will hump them when DUFC, Jambos and Ross County have all failed to?

Edited by BuddieinEK

so what do you reckon Danny and TC will base their tactics and formation on then and on what basis do you feel that by playing well we will hump them when DUFC, Jambos and Ross County have all failed to?

What the fcuk do you, or I, think is close to what the manager of out club will think?

Get a grip, you, and most on this forum, have no idea what it's like to be a manager of a SPL, oops, SPFL, football club.

Stop flattering yourself and get back to supporting the club.

Thistle sold out our first allocation of 1000 with a further 400 received and onsale today.

That leaves 200 for match day.

Hopefully you will sell out and have overflow in the west stand. Decent atmosphere and we can be thankful that we have Jags & Killie twice at home and Caley and RC only once at home before the split from a cash flow point of view.

Looked on the Thistle forum, supporters bus charging a tenner from Jordanhill Station your taking the piss with that one!!

What the fcuk do you, or I, think is close to what the manager of out club will think?

Get a grip, you, and most on this forum, have no idea what it's like to be a manager of a SPL, oops, SPFL, football club.

Stop flattering yourself and get back to supporting the club.

faraway by name... faraway by maturity and debating ability apparently.

Thanks for the niceties... at least I know what level to pitch ongoing conversations... ... (conversations... two people talking!!!)

I support the club fine thanks. I intend to continue doing so too.

Can I ask... why participate in a discussion forum if you are unable or unwilling to participate in reasoned adult discussion and debate without resorting to pettiness?

faraway by name... faraway by maturity and debating ability apparently.

Thanks for the niceties... at least I know what level to pitch ongoing conversations... ... (conversations... two people talking!!!)

I support the club fine thanks. I intend to continue doing so too.

Can I ask... why participate in a discussion forum if you are unable or unwilling to participate in reasoned adult discussion and debate without resorting to pettiness?

Great post.

Check out IRONY, take a deep breath and apologise.

PS Lets agree to disagree, and don't get excited by Max/Tracey/Obi liking stuff, he's a well know madman.

Edited by faraway saint

That's the thing though BuddieEK, you don't know which one of his "personalities" you are dealing with on here. He has so many all of them with different names and age groups that I think even he gets confused as to who he really is.

I actually realise the error of my ways... it should have read "two or more" in the interests of accuracy!