Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

cant remember you posting this when danny was coming out with we had loads of possession

Do you not remember me being highly critical of his ' tippy tappy shite fitba ' ?

That was when he was going on about keeping possession.

Yeah, possession means nothing! I take it you don't have any coaching badges!!

Not f**king one, although plenty managers have them and they're shite and jobless.

We used to play tippy tappy shite possession fitba that got us nowhere.

Got to pass with a purpose like going forward quickly and scoring f**king goals.

Jock Stein agrees and he's nae badges either.

Not f**king one, although plenty managers have them and they're shite and jobless.

We used to play tippy tappy shite possession fitba that got us nowhere.

Got to pass with a purpose like going forward quickly and scoring f**king goals.

Jock Stein agrees and he's nae badges either.

Jock Stein, as he was, would struggle to hold down a job in modern football. Many old managers would. The game, and the way it's played, is incredibly different nowadays.

If the old managers were here then the game widnae be changed.

And maybe we wid still have 2 wingers in every team.

Oh for the days of Adamson, Pinkerton, Borland, McKean ( broke my heart when he went to Blue Puke ), Munro, Weir, Scanlon and of course L.O. hee hee.

There was a clamour to stop the "tippy-tappy shite"as it was christened on here and so far this season we have and yesterday we saw the consequences. For some reason we seem to have now by-passed midfield (even the keeper is kicking long) and as our forward(s) are given an impossible task attempting to gather the ball in and hold it long enough to bring the midfield into play we constantly gave Thistle the ball back thus their 2 full / wing backs had a field day and they dominated possession. We need to get back to playing the ball from the back through midfield and to do this we MUST be starting McGowan and Teale. God knows what is going on with Gowser but there is something amiss. We need to be far more patient in possession but that takes bravery and confidence - we need to find it from somewhere and quickly as the way we are playing just now will never win us enough games. We have gone from a patient (yes sometimes overly so) passing team to an outfit launching it towards the centre forward at the first opportunity. Patience, play it through the midfield then bring the wide men into it and get decent quality ball in from wide where Thommo and whoever can attack - we managed it once yesterday and lo and behold we scored. We will never win games turning over possession like we were yesterday.

i have been on here for many years but never posted. i am amazed now tho that we are classed as bad supporters now because we boo`ed at the end of the game. i think drew actually is one of the people on here who makes a lot of sense but i have to disagree with him on that one. I think sonny and mr zo have hit it on the head. I am not one for shouting anything at all but the last couple of games i have been bitterly disappointed i dont whether its danny the players or the board but i think it was pretty obvious that the team aren`t playing for danny anymore but i do know if we have a couple of injurys we are in real trouble

i have been on here for many years but never posted. i am amazed now tho that we are classed as bad supporters now because we boo`ed at the end of the game. i think drew actually is one of the people on here who makes a lot of sense but i have to disagree with him on that one. I think sonny and mr zo have hit it on the head. I am not one for shouting anything at all but the last couple of games i have been bitterly disappointed i dont whether its danny the players or the board but i think it was pretty obvious that the team aren`t playing for danny anymore but i do know if we have a couple of injurys we are in real trouble

Nobody has said that anyone is a bad supporter for booing at the END of the match...

I said that booing at half time and criticising players audibly DURING a match is NOT "support" in any way, shape or form!

When you see that second goal again...why was the Partick striker given the freedom of Paisley to get the free ball, turn and lay it off? If McAusland gets tighter then there is more chance of the striker either making a bad touch or the shot getting blocked. Instead McAusland (and McGinn to a lesser extent) give Doolan (who was impressive) a yard and a half in our box and are then too far away to get out to block.

Amateur defending once again costing us.

When you see that second goal again...why was the Partick striker given the freedom of Paisley to get the free ball, turn and lay it off? If McAusland gets tighter then there is more chance of the striker either making a bad touch or the shot getting blocked. Instead McAusland (and McGinn to a lesser extent) give Doolan (who was impressive) a yard and a half in our box and are then too far away to get out to block.

Amateur defending once again costing us.

Goodwin turning away from the first and not closing down at the second. He also was lucky with the push on Baird, face it we've seen them given.

I believe this is the season that time will finally catch up with Killie and they will finish bottom. 11th place is still on!

If 11th place is to be the limit of our ambition for this season with 34 games still to be played we really are in deep doodoo, David.

A change of leadership and a change of attitude on the park, plus the introduction of some tactics (or even one tactic) could transform our season. Pleanty of time to fix it if we start the mending process early enough.

If 11th place is to be the limit of our ambition for this season with 34 games still to be played we really are in deep doodoo, David.

A change of leadership and a change of attitude on the park, plus the introduction of some tactics (or even one tactic) could transform our season. Pleanty of time to fix it if we start the mending process early enough.

I should have added a wee smiley face.

Shipping goals for fun against some very average attacking player's for quite some time now. It's worrying.

IMO, Goodwin in the last 3 games has been a nightmare, being caught out of position, doing daft things like slapping a player (he got off with that!). He drifts into midfield, and then is too slow to get back because all of our midfield is in attack mode ( not that they are doing much with it). We need a defensive midfielder, and not McGowan, that can step in, break up the attacking play, and distribute.

Goes way beyond that. I would struggle to count on one hand how many good games our captain has had since he signed a new deal. In hindsight it might have been better if he had joined Hibs and taken Lennon with him.

If its true that we are bringing in another centre half then I would drop Goodwin from the starting 11.