Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

That was a pathetic performance and disasterous result for Danny. His time as manager is really running out. As others have said, will always be a legend at the club for leading us to cup success and a decent all round nice guy but results dont lie and ours, in 2013, have been woeful.

Todays result is really disappointing but it didnt surprise me. Even when we went 1 up I thought " nice one but along way to go yet". When they went in front I knew it was coming. I've been following Saints since 1981 when I moved to the area I have seen loads of ups and many more downs. I'm sure I will see even more in the future.

Years ago I would be in a really fowl mood for a couple of days after a defeat like this but as I've got older (40) I've come to realise that it is just a football match. Supporting a team like St Mirren is like this. There are far more important things. Dont get me wrong, I fully understand why people on here will be livid and will be pissed off by it. I used to be aswell. As Drew said earlier "I'm passed being angry" Dont let it consume you.

Tonight I am going out with my wife and friends for a nice meal and some beers in Houston because for me that is what matters.

Be pissed off or call me a sad twat, whatever but have a moan, have a few beers and relax. We might win our next game and things will be peachy again...or maybe not.

I suppose its because we are all Buddies that we care about our great club.

Some of the fans at the game today were a disgrace giving the players dogs abuse from the kick off, some even before a ball was kicked, What has happened to getting behind the team, even when they're playing badly, Do any of these "supporters" think abusing already disheartened , not playing well, or not "up for it " players will suddenly make them into better players.

You've hit the nail on the head. Too many people have decided that the manager has to go and now they are working hard to make sure their prophecy comes true. Wonder how many will have the grace to say they were wrong if the manager turns it around, many clubs have had worse starts and then turned it around. we arent even out of August yet. if the players let us down today then changing the manager ain't gonna improve things. Time for some of the senior players to show some leadership, I feel.

Some people blaming the manager, some blame the players, some blame the board and some blame all three. if it is true that there was a vocal section giving the team stick from the start then i'm afraid the support needs to join the rest and take a good look at themselves.

I'm not happy about performances or results, but we've been through this before and come out of it.

That was a pathetic performance and disasterous result for Danny. His time as manager is really running out. As others have said, will always be a legend at the club for leading us to cup success and a decent all round nice guy but results dont lie and ours, in 2013, have been woeful.

Todays result is really disappointing but it didnt surprise me. Even when we went 1 up I thought " nice one but along way to go yet". When they went in front I knew it was coming. I've been following Saints since 1981 when I moved to the area I have seen loads of ups and many more downs. I'm sure I will see even more in the future.

Years ago I would be in a really fowl mood for a couple of days after a defeat like this but as I've got older (40) I've come to realise that it is just a football match. Supporting a team like St Mirren is like this. There are far more important things. Dont get me wrong, I fully understand why people on here will be livid and will be pissed off by it. I used to be aswell. As Drew said earlier "I'm passed being angry" Dont let it consume you.

Tonight I am going out with my wife and friends for a nice meal and some beers in Houston because for me that is what matters.

Be pissed off or call me a sad twat, whatever but have a moan, have a few beers and relax. We might win our next game and things will be peachy again...or maybe not.

I suppose its because we are all Buddies that we care about our great club.

Are you just chicken these days?

1979/80, one of our best seasons ever, highest league finish I think, had a similar poor start.

Other seasons (recent) with flying starts have fallen away to almost disaster.

We can turn it around. It is hard to see where it will come from this time mind you.

We had the players then and you had belief it would come right.

This lot i don't i feel we have a poor squad.

I feel the same as when Davie Hay was in charge of us

Full time 1-2.

The latest in a long line of disgraces inflicted upon this football club by Danny Lennon. His position was shaky before this, it's now completely untenable. He must resign on Monday morning.

The starting 11 was wrong and we were lucky not to go in behind at half time. We scored against run of play in the second half - a nice finish by McLean - and then preceded to sit too deep and let Thistle come on to us. Not surprisingly they ran over the top of us and won the game 2-1.

If you have any dignity Danny, resign. Resign before it begins to get really unpleasant. Leave now with your dignity intact.

It's been fun but it has to end now, lets all move on.

Can't disagree with any of that - bye bye Danny, your time is up.

You've hit the nail on the head. Too many people have decided that the manager has to go and now they are working hard to make sure their prophecy comes true. Wonder how many will have the grace to say they were wrong if the manager turns it around, many clubs have had worse starts and then turned it around. we arent even out of August yet. if the players let us down today then changing the manager ain't gonna improve things. Time for some of the senior players to show some leadership, I feel.

Some people blaming the manager, some blame the players, some blame the board and some blame all three. if it is true that there was a vocal section giving the team stick from the start then i'm afraid the support needs to join the rest and take a good look at themselves.

I'm not happy about performances or results, but we've been through this before and come out of it.

Bollocks. I was at the Game today (in W4) and thought the team got support, encouragement and vocal backing from the off. I don't think fans should be expected to bite their tongue later in the game when it is clear that the players don't give a f**k, can't be arsed tracking back etc. They, allegedly, asked for backing, were given it, and didn't deliver so sorry, I'm not buying your argument.

Thistle were sharper, set up better, passed it better, fought harder, and had better tactics. Thistle's tactics shouldn't have surprised Danny, but they appeared to. Our own BuddieinEK reported on here having been to watch Thistle, that they would use the diagonal ball, out wide, to O'Donnell. In fact, they used it with more effect to their No3 on the left.

The amount of space we allowed their No3 (and No27 was it) was frightening. Sometimes both of them had the freedom of Paisley on our right flank. DVZ was looking at Newton, Newton was looking at DVZ, and Thistle were ripping the pish out of them both. It was absolutely frightening - and Danny should have changed it after about 20 minutes.

If Thistle had a Kris Boyd up top today, they'd have scored five or six easy. Cornell made two super saves, Bairdy was clean through and fluffed his chip, and they missed a sitter at the end of the first half when half of our team stood back and watched the Thistle man drag his shot wide.

It happens every week. Tactically, 99% of our opponents rip the pish out of Danny's line-up. Butcher, Adams, McCall... and more. It's too easy, we are a one-dimensional soft touch.

Not even angry, not worth getting angry for any more.

Very strange experience for me today.

Thistle had a great...naive-like, young determination and their attitude was refreshing to watch and thoroughly deserve their win. Perversely when we scored I wasn't my usual celebratory self and I sensed it was the same of many supporters around me.

I think we are entering another phase in Saints history as we move on.

First off I don't agree with dropping Teale under any circumstances, I've loved the guy since he signed. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out why Danny did it. The Thistle full backs bomb on every chance and are a big part of how they play. Newton (who was brilliant at right midfield away to Killie Last game of last season) would theoretically be better at nullifying that threat defensively. However I would argue that having Teale running at him in the other direction could have been just as effective at keeping the left back at bay.

I thought Goodwin was brilliant today, and very harshly treated for the free kick that led to the second. The keeper likewise was hard done by to end up conceding two, as he played well.

McAusland for McGregor please, pretty please. We have leaked goals from the centre of defence for 18 months whilst he has been a first pick, being dropped to the bench might just be the kick up the arse he needs.

The new guy had a horror show, running past the ball, forgetting the ball and shooting wildly from everywhere.

As much as I'd love to slate harkins and shout for him to be dropped, the guy is at the centre of everything decent we create.

Its a sad day.

agree with all of that.

Thistle were sharper, set up better, passed it better, fought harder, and had better tactics. Thistle's tactics shouldn't have surprised Danny, but they appeared to. Our own BuddieinEK reported on here having been to watch Thistle, that they would use the diagonal ball, out wide, to O'Donnell. In fact, they used it with more effect to their No3 on the left.

The amount of space we allowed their No3 (and No27 was it) was frightening. Sometimes both of them had the freedom of Paisley on our right flank. DVZ was looking at Newton, Newton was looking at DVZ, and Thistle were ripping the pish out of them both. It was absolutely frightening - and Danny should have changed it after about 20 minutes.

If Thistle had a Kris Boyd up top today, they'd have scored five or six easy. Cornell made two super saves, Bairdy was clean through and fluffed his chip, and they missed a sitter at the end of the first half when half of our team stood back and watched the Thistle man drag his shot wide.

It happens every week. Tactically, 99% of our opponents rip the pish out of Danny's line-up. Butcher, Adams, McCall... and more. It's too easy, we are a one-dimensional soft touch.

Not even angry, not worth getting angry for any more.

We were lucky it was only 2 goals we lost ,if it had been 3,4 or 5 we couldn't have complained .

Think it's best if release a 'parted ways by mutual consent' statement on Monday.

Lennon can say to future employers 'won a cup, bagged after 4 games of next season...'

We can get on with the job of staying up before it is too late...

Win, win for everybody (hopefully).

The bit in bold, how did you work that out? Did you add that to salve your conscience over trying to get a decent man and good football manager the sack?

My departed mum had a saying "they are trying to serve you shit by covering it in sugar" It is still shit

The players need to be ready to explain why they are not following the managers instructions to a T....... And if what a lot of people on here want happens, DL sacked, then they need to explain why they will listen to a new manager. I think it's a disgrace that DL could be sacked because of the players inability to do thier job as they should.

McGowan came on and we had our best spell of the game, not that it was anything special. Harkins is far, far too greedy. He'd rather take on 3 defenders than play a simple 10 yard pass.

McGown ended up playing far too deep and that allowed Thistle to push up and press us... at least Harkins played on the front foot and tried to cause problems at the other end of the pitch.

Maybe, unlike some other fellow buds, I think we have some very good players and that is what makes the current situation so galling. I have seen some really poor players in the stripes in the past. We have a squad that maybe isn't big enough but surely is better than the current situation indicates.

Teale, McGowan, McGinn, Newton, Thompson, Goodwin, Grainger and possibly Harkins would all find another gig in the SPL if released today. Its how they are performing as a team that is the concern.

Today I wateched a team of First Division players and SPL rejects play us off the park but individually I would probably not rate higher than our players mentioned (besides their full-backs who looked classy). The formation, tactics and/or the mentality simply isnt working for now.

I felt sorry for our 3 man midfield today as they were completely over-run. Harkins played too far forward and we only had a midfiled 3 against their 5 plus their full-backs. The formation today was a shambles.

Bollocks. I was at the Game today (in W4) and thought the team got support, encouragement and vocal backing from the off. I don't think fans should be expected to bite their tongue later in the game when it is clear that the players don't give a f**k, can't be arsed tracking back etc. They, allegedly, asked for backing, were given it, and didn't deliver so sorry, I'm not buying your argument.

So, if what you are saying is true then how can the manager be the problem.

I suspect that there is an influential voice or two in the dressing room doing the manager down. If THAT is true then DL needs to root that cancer out pronto. Last season, some of the self-appointed cognoscenti were hinting that Thommo was unhappy with the boss and the style of play. If they were right then we are now seeing the kind of damage that such disingenuous behaviour causes

This is the last day of this transfer window and one of our biggest problems won't get dealt with , our central defence is shocking .

been saying this for months,but the only person who cant see us leaking goals is danny,he should be sacked just for the fact that he is willing to let mair leave because he doesn't get on with him ,while Goodwin and cheesey are stealing money from our club every week,neither of these 2 would even make the bench with ANY other premiership team FACT ,he doesn't start the only player who can get a cross in and replaces him with a guy that turned up yesterday ,then says after the game the guy was not too good as he doesn't know his teammates ,(baffling)same old out played out passed out possessed out fought out scored,thistle deserved their win as they actually looked like they were interested ,unlike this pile of pish ,so please please do the right thing danny and go