Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

We've signed players in the last week, how can anyone say they're holding back funds?

How much are we paying for loan deals?

I have said the squad is very weak apart from central midfield.

Alarm bells were ringing when he said Robertson ,Barron and McGregor would be big players this season.

The pre-season has been a disaster for the club and the management and the board are both to blame

Outplayed for almost the entire game by a team of first division player's who were fitter, harder working, better organised and well drilled in their individual and collective roles. Their manager is in his first job for a mere 6 months and wss far more tactically switched on than our management team on the day.

Our player's were constantly jesturing to the bench asking for instructions and completely unsure of where they were to be playing. Danny tried to mix it up and it failed spectacularly.

Thistle played the way Danny claims and thinks we play. Thistle were everything we weren't. They moved the ball quicker, were more direct and if they had better striking options they would score more goals.

There is a lot to be worried about at St Mirren Park. The situation is getting worse game by game and the pressure is mounting on Danny and co.

I would give Danny more time given the signings we have made and see how it goes. The break has come at a good time. I would scrap any time off the player's had planned and get them in working on what our management team want them to do in the coming games.

We have a better starting 11 than thistle and many other teams in the league. It's now time for Danny and the team to show it.

You should have warned Danny. Especially that bit about pacy diagonal balls to marauding full-backs. Their No3 with the double-barrelled name had the freedom of Paisley bestowed upon him, with DVZ and Newton looking at each other and seemingly saying 'No, you mark him, I insist. No, you do it. Nope, you pick him up. Fcuk it, just leave him'.

Redeem yourself Brian - e-mail Danny tomorrow and ask him why he didn't change it after 15-20 mins of the game starting when it was clear our right side was having a new arse ripped.

my fear is that Danny tried to combat the marauding full backs by asking Newton to play as a defensive right midfielder, it's a tactic I used to use in Championship Manager, however I'm not sure that it should be in a real managers tactics manual.

I think the worrying thing was the apparent difference in fitness levels, again something that Dave had pointed out pre match. There is no excuse for our players not to be fit but we looked knackered with 20 mins to go, possibly a result of chasing the ball for the previous 70mins as Partick passed us off the park, take note Danny, you can pass the ball and be direct at the same time.

Disappointed with the result.

Our performance wasn't as bad as some are making out.

Thistle were very good.

With our new signings getting fitter, Danny and Tommy will turn things round,

Our support was generally very good today, although dunno how the booing at half time was going to help.

I think the booing was from PT fans directed towards the ref.

Are you joking. The performance was dreadful

Not joking Norrie, just my opinion.

We were far from perfect but i thought we were passable and a bit more confidence we'll be fine.

A fit Bahookie and Thommo will be dynamite.

Cannae believe there was nae St Mirren players in the Sunday Mail's Team of the Day.

did you see the stat that said,possession st Mirren 35% partick thistle 65% this is against a team just promoted and we are at home needing a win ,also corners us 2 them 11,i know you always try to look at positives shull but this is now getting embarrassing,last season when we were getting pumped ,lennon would come out with possession stats but we are being played off the park every game now

In my opinion, the nightmare scenario is Hearts going above us and being stranded at the bottom, this would be a huge psychological blow.

With Danny as manager this is in danger of happening.

We need a new manager in to stop this.

Danny will always be lauded and remembered for delivering us the league cup, but he has lost something in these past few months and he no longer has the ability to manage this club.

What bothers a lot of saints fans is the fact that hovering around the bottom of the league is no longer acceptable we have heard all the excuses week in week out, and it is plain to see that the manager can't manage.

I think the booing was from PT fans directed towards the ref.

There might have been a bit of that, but most of the booing at HT was coming from our stands - absolutely no question of that in my mind. It also immediately followed the whistle, while booing for the ref is usually as he (and his handmaidens) leaves the pitch once all the players have gone up the tunnel.

Danny always praises our possession stats in games. Thistle won this hands down yesterday but actually had the vast majority of their possession inside our half, passing with purpose. We on the other hand have games where we have a high percentage off possession when the ball is getting passed between our defenders rather than in oppositions half. There is a massive difference.

Had Thistle taken their chances in the 1st half, they could have been out of sight.

They lacked a cutting edge, but when we scored, they seemed to throw caution to the wind to some degree and go for it in the final third, while our defence stood off them.

They were okay, but really nothing too special and some seem to have suggested. We made them look a lot better than they are, but they thoroughly deserved the win, no question of that.

Had Thistle taken their chances in the 1st half, they could have been out of sight.

They lacked a cutting edge, but when we scored, they seemed to throw caution to the wind to some degree and go for it in the final third, while our defence stood off them.

They were okay, but really nothing too special and some seem to have suggested.  We made them look a lot better than they are, but they thoroughly deserved the win, no question of that.

Uhu, because we were rubbish. How often did DVZ sit off or McLean hope Grainger could split himself in two? How many times did we have possession and just give it away? I don't think anyone said special, just drilled, organised and prepared...oh and honest.

What I can't understand is we have just completed one of our most successful financial seasons and must have made a profit. In relative terms to other teams in the SPL we were in a stronger financial position than we have been EVER.

What did we do. Weaken the team by clearing the place and not replacing them, we started the season with only one recognised experienced striker. Most people on here knew that the squad was far too weak to start the season. They were referred to as knicker wetters. I believe they were realists. How did anyone expect us to have a strong start to the same league that we struggled in last year with a weakened team?

The start doesn't surprise me, I feel cheated in that I've payed my season ticket up front and the we have failed miserably to strengthen the team from what must have been a healthy financial position.

Who's to blame, the manager, the BOD? God only knows but we are reaping the seeds that were sown in close season.

Couldn't agree more. Probably the most accurate post about the reasons for our current malaise.

I was at both games and Danny was sitting not far behind me at the Hearts match!

Graingers experience saved us several times as he didn't dive in but held up two attackers at a time till support eventually arrived. Very impressed by Grainger today.

Grainger must be wondering if its st.mirren or the circus he has joined.