Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

Hopefully the St Mirren players now realise that the cup final party is well and truly over and it doesn't matter what was achieved in the past - they're only as good as their last game.If the players want more days like the cup final then they have to be at their best more often, keep their concentration and have the desire and drive to go out and win the game.

With whom?

With so many Thistle fans in town, I'm sure there will be local young chaps out in force to 'welcome' them to town, in the same way that I'm sure there will be some young chaps from Glasgow with similar interests. Big crowd, first time we've played in a while, I predict fisticuffs. You just might not get to hear about it in the media, because they purposely hide these kind of stories.

With so many Thistle fans in town, I'm sure there will be local young chaps out in force to 'welcome' them to town, in the same way that I'm sure there will be some young chaps from Glasgow with similar interests. Big crowd, first time we've played in a while, I predict fisticuffs. You just might not get to hear about it in the media, because they purposely hide these kind of stories.

That's got me worried now! Should I leave the house?

Shit, now that I think about it, the cockles boys invited me n my mates to meet for a few jars. Do you think it's a set up?

Thank god you're stalking me now, I don't think Reem would have thought about this!

That's got me worried now! Should I leave the house?

Shit, now that I think about it, the cockles boys invited me n my mates to meet for a few jars. Do you think it's a set up?

Thank god you're stalking me now, I don't think Reem would have thought about this!

I ain't stalking you. Don't give yourself a treat.

The plan is to take my wee wee 6 year old daughter for her first St Mirren / football game. She met some of the players and Paisley Panda on their tour of the schools before the league cup final and it's caught her imagination (poor soul). I seriously think our season will start on Saturday. I've not been appreciating all the Danny bashing, I understand why folk are peed off but I wish there was more positivity on here and in the stands, more a 'whatever happens we'll keep singing' mentality. Anyway, that's my thoughts for what it's worth. SMTID.

Don't think so mate. Don't remember the last time there was any trouble at a st mirren home game. We're the nicest bunch in the league

Really up for this game now. Signing of a new striker could be the boost we need. Despite the defeat midweek there were some positives - McGinn was excellent, needs to start imo. Kenny Mclean showed signs of coming back to form and Thommo is defo up for the fight.

Enough of the negativity lets get down there on Saturday and support the team ..... all eleven that pull on the black and white stripes !

Don't think so mate. Don't remember the last time there was any trouble at a st mirren home game. We're the nicest bunch in the league

Wow. And what a lovely thing to be. I'm so glad we're the 'nicest bunch in the league'!! Who cares!!?

I've never really believed in all that crap about being friends with other supporters when you play their team. Not saying I want to fight them, but I couldn't give a f**k about them. I don't want to be chummy with, say, a Hearts fan or a Killie fan. f**k them.

But it you think you don't still trouble at the football, you're wrong.

Hopefully though, I'm mistaken. But I'm quite sure if you looked in some dark corners of the town on Saturday, there will be some 'disturbances'.

Where to start!!!

ok, i'll bite...

first off, yes, he wont track back, so does that mean Thommo will do all the tracking back and leave him upfront on his own?

imagine you counter attck, would you rather have harkins with the ball breaking from the box looking for a pass into space, or harkins as the man upfront?

you are aware that Harkins best assett is his ability to find a pinpoint pass into space for attackers to run onto? why the hell would you make him a forward, removing his ability to use his strongest assett.

he has never been an out and out striker, when he signed for thistle he was a centre half, McCall moved him into midfield, since then he has played either in the middle or left hand side of midfield. i'd suggest even playing him behind the striker is a waste. he needs players infront of him, not behind him.

regarding 4-4-2, i couldn't care less what teams play against us, we attack with 6 or 7 bodies and defend with 6. we are probably the youngest and fittest team in the league. modern football has moved on from 4-4-2.

but hey, you guys batter in, play your 442 with Harkins isolated from the action. i bloody hope that happens.

Im well aware Harkins has never been an out and out striker but given our lack of those at the moment he would be the best fit of those we have. As for the pin point passing and breaking part we already have one of the best in the league at that in McGowan so Harkins is not required for that role.

I am in no way suggesting we try to turn Harkins into a centre forward - we need to sign one of those but IF we don't before tomorrow I feel he is the best option as Thommo sure as hell ain't going to score too many on his own with his back to goal for 90 mins due to a lack of support. He needs someone to feed off him. If we go with Thommo issolated up front with someone playing "in the hole" (horrible phrase) behind him then we will not win tomorrow. McGowan needs to play his natural game as he is better at it than Harkins but imo Harkins has been one of our better players so I certainly wouldn't drop him.

What a shit support for such a short journey.

You're havin a c**t of a week eh?

further 400 sold in 48 hours.

200 left to fill the north stand on sale today.

i take it the north end of the west stand will be available on the day at the ground?

season 2012/13

St Mirren away support in the SPL (league games only) averages at 516

St Mirren largest away support of the season in the league was at Tynecastle on May 4th (1044)

Edited by dave.j