The Manager

"You can't just print stuff like this without evidence"

"Where are you getting the evidence for this"

Seriously dude?

Sorry but I'm not engaging in this infantile shit.

Lots of people are disagreeing with you at the moment on just about everything.

Learn to deal.

Aye, alright - it was a virtual begging letter, but you didn't need to broadcast it across the forum!ph34r.png

Gie's some money for a signing!

Spend my hard earned money to pay a guy thousands of pounds to kick a football?

Seriously you must be joking. lol.gif

I'm with shull on this one.

We don't have any players at our club worth what they are currently earning based on their current performances.

Never piss off the cleaners, really never heard that one before. The way I see it cleaners are ten a penny and always easy to replace, so I don't mind if I've pissed off the cleaner.

A good cleaner certainly is not easy to replace.

You wouldn't believe what a bad cleaner can do to you if you piss them off.

Fill yer boots though.

Same motto goes for cooks. Never piss off the person in charge of your food.

I remember years ago in Chinatown in London some pissed guys were racially abusing a waiter BEFORE they'd eaten.

VERY bad idea indeed. Comically bad in fact.

I recorded the Jim Goodwin interview from Sportsound earlier where he specifically speaks about how a lot of the saints fans are not happy with Danny Lennon.

This is the first communication to come out of New Love Street, I felt it was important that everyone hears this as soon as possible, certainly (fuck sake danny you've got me saying that now wacko.png !) before waiting for the podcast later.

Big Jim says every player is 100% behind the manager.

Voice 004.wmv

Edited by murray street

Goodwin says it is only 3 games and not to panic. Like any sane person would. Lets judge the direction our season will go after 12/13 games and then ask him. Get behind the team and manager as negativity does nobody any good. Good interview with lots of common sense answers something that the recents threads have had few of on this forum.

Does anyone remember ICT's start last year and how they finished? Am not saying we will do the same but common sense needs to prevail

Goodwin says it is only 3 games and not to panic. Like any sane person would. Lets judge the direction our season will go after 12/13 games and then ask him. Get behind the team and manager as negativity does nobody any good. Good interview with lots of common sense answers something that the recents threads have had few of on this forum.

Does anyone remember ICT's start last year and how they finished? Am not saying we will do the same but common sense needs to prevail

Actions speak louder than words, though. His hands on the hips at the penalty on Saturday were not acceptable. I hope he watches replays of that through his fingers and atones for it tomorrow and on Saturday.

I agree that he spoke well, but he needs to demonstrate genuiner leadership now. Maybe even drumming up support from the crowd instead of moaning at every decision the referee makes.

Time to take this campaign by the scruff of the neck Jim. If all the players are 100% behind the manager as he clains, then they need to start playing 100% for him, too.

Loved the honesty from the man regarding the red card........football has too many wankers calling for decisions to go for there own club......Calling himself out a bit shows courage that Neil Lennon could only dream about....anyway more important we need a keeper 28 or so...a centre half 28 or so and a striker 28 or so.....any news?

Actions speak louder than words, though. His hands on the hips at the penalty on Saturday were not acceptable. I hope he watches replays of that through his fingers and atones for it tomorrow and on Saturday.

I agree that he spoke well, but he needs to demonstrate genuiner leadership now. Maybe even drumming up support from the crowd instead of moaning at every decision the referee makes.

Time to take this campaign by the scruff of the neck Jim. If all the players are 100% behind the manager as he clains, then they need to start playing 100% for him, too.

I agree with everything you mentioned except he should be drumming up support from the crowd. Surely that should be a given as a supporter of our club and up to us to give the team our full support and act as our 12th man

Loved the honesty from the man regarding the red card........football has too many wankers calling for decisions to go for there own club......Calling himself out a bit shows courage that Neil Lennon could only dream about....anyway more important we need a keeper 28 or so...a centre half 28 or so and a striker 28 or so.....any news?

3 in this week. Won't be a goalkeeper though or a centre half. I would love to see 2 strikers and one pacy left winger to compliment Teale on the right

I agree with everything you mentioned except he should be drumming up support from the crowd. Surely that should be a given as a supporter of our club and up to us to give the team our full support and act as our 12th man

Sadly, we're not the best at drumming up support on our own. Maybe a wee bit of encouragement from the skipper might let us know that the team are more than up for it and that we need to do our bit.

Just a thought.

ETA: I'm thinking of the Andy Murray thing, where he gets to a stage in the match when the crowd need fired up a bit and he lets them know. It always seems to have the desired effect, and gets them on side.

Edited by Drew

Look guys, we need to stick with Danny. It's ridiculous to be thinking about getting rid of him. He won us the cup for goodness sake and beat Aberdeen, hearts and Celtic on the way. It was no fluke. He's managing a team on a small budget having to make do with loan options. Some of the guys who did well last season haven't switched on yet either..we've only played 3 games!!..I know we've been poor since winning the cup, but we were all hung over for the rest of the season after the cup run. Preseason has never been great for us and, as I said, we've only played 3 games, 2 of them away in the highlands, where we never travel well anyway, and a point at home to killie, a game we should've been 2 up in early on but for good inspired goalkeeping by Samson and poor finishing.we've got QOTS tomorrow, yet another long trip away to a newly promoted team who will be a real test for us and I'd be happy with a draw...changing the manager at this stage will make no difference to the players available. Stick with Danny till everybody has played each other once before all this nonsense..come on the buddies

Sadly, we're not the best at drumming up support on our own. Maybe a wee bit of encouragement from the skipper might let us know that the team are more than up for it and that we need to do our bit.

Just a thought.

ETA: I'm thinking of the Andy Murray thing, where he gets to a stage in the match when the crowd need fired up a bit and he lets them know. It always seems to have the desired effect, and gets them on side.

And footballers often do it too. It's a way of showing the fans 'we're all in this together'!

And we are, despite what some pricks might have you believe.

We are all St.Mirren fans. We all want the best. Time for the management and the players at this magnificent football club to show it. Only they can do it where it matters.

3 in this week. Won't be a goalkeeper though or a centre half. I would love to see 2 strikers and one pacy left winger to compliment Teale on the right

Can anyone tell me why Danny Lennon let Craig Samson go?..........Div who runs this site blames Lennon in his post.....I think he is talking shite ........the BOD never gave him the money

Can anyone tell me why Danny Lennon let Craig Samson go?..........Div who runs this site blames Lennon in his post.....I think he is talking shite ........the BOD never gave him the money

He got offered more money elsewhere and was quoted in saying that he has young family and this contract would probably be his most important for his family

He got offered more money elsewhere and was quoted in saying that he has young family and this contract would probably be his most important for his family

Yep I know that Buddie but if you read the Div post he says we never offered him a deal at all........He says It was Danny Lennons fault he left.....Read It mate.........Wired to the moon!

I could do that job.

Here is my team talk

Addressing the goal keep

"Haw Cornelius (that's my little nickname for him) save the ball when it comes to you and let nothing in"

The right back and left back

"Get forward when necessary, track back at the right times, tackle like men, pass properly and just bloody play properly and don't fanny around"

The Centre Halves

"Heed the ball, tackle, hoof it away and pass it at the right times"

Central midfielders

"Tackle, pass, harass, impress a lass and run quite fast"

Right Winger

"Mr Teale, its a pleasure to meet you. Do as you have been doing my friend"

Left Winger

"Tommy, I told you to sign a left winger, now we are buggered unless I play a central midfielder there"

Striker(s)

I don't care how you do it, just bloody score goals.

Not exactly hard. Can I have 100k a year for that please Mr Gilmour?

I could do that job.

Here is my team talk

Addressing the goal keep

"Haw Cornelius (that's my little nickname for him) save the ball when it comes to you and let nothing in"

The right back and left back

"Get forward when necessary, track back at the right times, tackle like men, pass properly and just bloody play properly and don't fanny around"

The Centre Halves

"Heed the ball, tackle, hoof it away and pass it at the right times"

Central midfielders

"Tackle, pass, harass, impress a lass and run quite fast"

Right Winger

"Mr Teale, its a pleasure to meet you. Do as you have been doing my friend"

Left Winger

"Tommy, I told you to sign a left winger, now we are buggered unless I play a central midfielder there"

Striker(s)

I don't care how you do it, just bloody score goals.

Not exactly hard. Can I have 100k a year for that please Mr Gilmour?

The problem Tom is that he cleared the place and forgot to fill it again. There is a lack of competition for places and a shortage of bodies. Most on here have been bleating on about it long before the season started, now the season has got underway the inevitable has happened. We are struggling big time, the only good thing is it has happened quickly and we are still in touching distance so this can be sorted. Whether Danny will be able to sort it is another matter.

I do really hope he can turn it around but the clock is ticking and every week that goes by with no fresh faces coming in makes matters worse. We can't keep doing the same things with the same players every week and expect a different result.

Edited by Kendo