The Manager

In our poor league performance last season and so far this season the chairman picked the team, going by your logic Lennon never won the league cup it was the chairman, :1eye

In any business the buck stops with the main decision maker, at St Mirren that is the Chairman. The manger identifies the players he wants, then the GM negotiates the contract at the level the Chairman set. No one anywhere deserves the level of abuse handed out to the manager yesterday. I mean how dare guys that haven't eaten for hours order pizza for a long bus journey home. Maybe you will get your wish and the messiah will come in as manager, my instinct (and I've been watching St Mirren since 1963) is that it will be another cheap option but nice guy. Oh and maybe just maybe its not the manger that the players are ot happy with.

In any business the buck stops with the main decision maker, at St Mirren that is the Chairman. The manger identifies the players he wants, then the GM negotiates the contract at the level the Chairman set. No one anywhere deserves the level of abuse handed out to the manager yesterday. I mean how dare guys that haven't eaten for hours order pizza for a long bus journey home. Maybe you will get your wish and the messiah will come in as manager, my instinct (and I've been watching St Mirren since 1963) is that it will be another cheap option but nice guy. Oh and maybe just maybe its not the manger that the players are ot happy with.

That's a bit wide of the mark ,the last chairman of a Scottish club to do that was that mad man who was at Hearts , Gilmour is chairman of the Board of Directors they run club affairs , DL is team manager responsible for the team ,I know its been said certain signing have been forced on him ,but we don't know if that is true or just rumour.

In any business the buck stops with the main decision maker, at St Mirren that is the Chairman.

That would be the board of directors as a group.

The chairman of any board of directors is there to advise, chair meetings, act as liaison between board and management blah blah blah and he is accountable to the board.

He's not the decision maker.

The chairman of any board of directors is there to advise, chair meetings, act as liaison between board and management blah blah blah and he is accountable to the board.

Show us the money?.......Our squad has reduced in wages at an alarming rate this season.......Danny Lennon never kept Craig Samson according to Div......so where is the money going?

As for all this pizza rubbish. Its not only saints that do it. Whilst at ghr, currently Dons, county, caley and inverness do it. Just asked my son he used to deliver them, he is now in store but still see the order going out.

Nonsense! ICT stop in Auchterader for chips. Terry Butcher keeps saying so on Sportsound. Pizza... pah!

I'm not sure what to think at the moment to be honest. Yes the squad is weaker than the last 2 years, I was thinking about the summer when we signed carey, gowser. thommo, teale , hasselbaink. What excitement that gave the fans and we had a good start to the season. Since we returned to the top division, we have always made a good start to the season, thought lets try for top 6, while other clubs have made a shocking start but then seemed to overtake us. Maybe this start has given the club a kick up the back side, board and manager. Its frustrating to see clubs come up, finish above us, and we still seem to finish 11th. I find it hard to understand why players opt to go to other clubs when we have an excellent training ground and the wages do not differ that much. Something is wrong somewhere but I'm not sure what. First I think the club need to say why there has been a budget cut if any. I remember Derek Adams saying that after he enquired about our mangers job when Gus left, that the club "lacked ambition." Now we find out that maybe the case.

Edited by Scook

I'm not sure what to think at the moment to be honest. Yes the squad is weaker than the last 2 years, I was thinking about the summer when we signed carey, gowser. thommo, teale , hasselbaink. What excitement that gave the fans and we had a good start to the season. Since we returned to the top division, we have always made a good start to the season, thought lets try for top 6, while other clubs have made a shocking start but then seemed to overtake us. Maybe this start has given the club a kick up the back side, board and manager. Its frustrating to see clubs come up, finish above us, and we still seem to finish 11th. I find it hard to understand why players opt to go to other clubs when we have an excellent training ground and the wages do not differ that much. Something is wrong somewhere but I'm not sure what. First I think the club need to say why there has been a budget cut if any. I remember Derek Adams saying that after he enquired about our mangers job when Gus left, that the club "lacked ambition." Now we find out that maybe the case.

First time i heard the Derek Adams story

his is all being played very cleverly by our board to deflect blame from themselves. There is nothing in Danny's precious seasons that match up to this pre season activity or lack of it.

Danny has been the most pro active manager we've had in years ,he always pinpointed his targets early and even had guy training with us from the jan before he signed.

The board don't want to spend any more money and will cut corners wherever they can. They've looked at this season and thought we won a cup which will keep the fans sweet and hearts are already down (aye right!) so we'll not bother giving Danny any more funds for quality players.

As someone else said, Danny has been hung out to dry and as usual all our support fall for it!

his is all being played very cleverly by our board to deflect blame from themselves. There is nothing in Danny's precious seasons that match up to this pre season activity or lack of it.

Danny has been the most pro active manager we've had in years ,he always pinpointed his targets early and even had guy training with us from the jan before he signed.

The board don't want to spend any more money and will cut corners wherever they can. They've looked at this season and thought we won a cup which will keep the fans sweet and hearts are already down (aye right!) so we'll not bother giving Danny any more funds for quality players.

As someone else said, Danny has been hung out to dry and as usual all our support fall for it!

You have hit the nail on the head I think, in fact I'm pretty sure!!

And as for Thompson for manager, he's paid to score goals but he's not managing that. However he's a buddie so who cares eh !!

And you were there yesterday I take it to show your support, and were happy with what you saw, interesting

Where did I say I was happy about yesterday?

What I am not about to do is start calling for the managers head after 3 games of a new season when the last 2 season have been the best 2 seasons we've enjoyed for a generation.

You might have gone to that game but what you are doing is NOT supporting the team. There is no definition of "support" which would cover what you are engaging in.

I'm hearing its been very different since the consortium was formed.

Where did I say I was happy about yesterday?

What I am not about to do is start calling for the managers head after 3 games of a new season when the last 2 season have been the best 2 seasons we've enjoyed for a generation.

You might have gone to that game but what you are doing is NOT supporting the team. There is no definition of "support" which would cover what you are engaging in.

Oaksoft, I think it's fair to say we have different views on Lennon's tenure and how this season is playing out and that's fair enough. If we get a few wins then naturally that will buy the manager some more time to fix the obvious issues in the team and the heat from supporters will, in all likelihood, die down.

What I'd like to understand form you is at what point does your faith in the manager become blind faith? How much longer would you be prepared to see us struggle like we have, in the League, for some time now before you would expect action to be taken.

I don't want to get engaged in another tit for tat session but I'm genuinely interested what the tipping point would be for you?

I hate to mention this again, but.....

Professional sportsmen should NOT be eating takeaway pizza!!

I actually think there's just a few things we need to change to turn things round.

1. Get a new goalkeeper. A lot of people on here have blamed the central defence for leaking goals, but what I have seen this season is a nervousness at the back, which stems from a lack of confidence in the goalkeeper. There is no communication or organisation, which are the most important factors in having a solid defence. Why DL, allegedly on the advice of Paul Mathers, decided to go for an untried 3rd choice goalie from Swansea when an experienced keeper like Steve Simonsen was available, I have no idea.

2. Play players in their best position. If we insist on playing 4-2-3-1, McGinn and Newton should be holding midfielders with Teale, McGowan and Harkins ahead of them.

3. Motivate players, rather than viewing them as disruptive influences if they are unhappy about not being played or not being played in their right position.

4. Sign a couple of decent strikers and a left sided midfielder, ideally with a bit of pace about them.

5.Play a passing game in the opposition half, not our own half.

Not too much to ask. I hope Danny can do all the above, but on the evidence of the last three years, I'm not convinced...

Edited by Hendo

2 defeats out of 3 games in the league and everyone has pished themselves.

Some things to consider

The vast majority of negative posts come from the same 3 people with multiple aliases, the rest from people that believe everything they read on the Internet to be fact and are therefor too stupid to form their own opinion.

The board will not be sacking Danny Lennon, it's simply not going to happen. He has brought in exciting players and always has an eye on the future (bringing in several under21 players for the future) In his tenure we have scored more goals and accumulated more points than any previous SPL season. Of course won our first ever league cup, the first major trophy for a generation.

But let's not let facts get in the way..

This "He's lost the dressing room" pish is fabricated nonsense

f**k the lot of ye's am off for a wank

2 defeats out of 3 games in the league and everyone has pished themselves.

Some things to consider

The vast majority of negative posts come from the same 3 people with multiple aliases, the rest from people that believe everything they read on the Internet to be fact and are therefor too stupid to form their own opinion.

The board will not be sacking Danny Lennon, it's simply not going to happen. He has brought in exciting players and always has an eye on the future (bringing in several under21 players for the future) In his tenure we have scored more goals and accumulated more points than any previous SPL season. Of course won our first ever league cup, the first major trophy for a generation.

But let's not let facts get in the way..

This "He's lost the dressing room" pish is fabricated nonsense

f**k the lot of ye's am off for a wank

When you say "form their own opinion" do you mean one that reflects your views?

Also, the "facts" stack up both ways. Our goals against record last season was shocking. We're averaging 8 wins per season throughout his tenure. We've won a single game since we lifted the League Cup. We have not replaced the players that were told to go.

Enjoy your wank.

Also, the "facts" stack up both ways. Our goals against record last season was shocking. We're averaging 8 wins per season throughout his tenure. We've won a single game since we lifted the League Cup. We have not replaced the players that were told to go.

Enjoy your wank.

on the plus side... if he's wanking then he's not posting!!!

Enjoy your wank.

I mean opinions that have a basis of fact.

Haha "facts" ?? Goon

They actually are facts, truths that can't be questioned. Danny Lennon has brought is our highest points total and highest goals per season in spl history.

"Our goals against record last season was shocking"

This is a "fact". You see?

I don't know if that's true, if we are averaging 8 wins a season but if it is indeed true it must be an improvement or we wouldn't have had our highest points total now would we?