The Manager

I mean opinions that have a basis of fact.

Haha "facts" ?? Goon

They actually are facts, truths that can't be questioned. Danny Lennon has brought is our highest points total and highest goals per season in spl history.

"Our goals against record last season was shocking"

This is a "fact". You see?

I don't know if that's true, if we are averaging 8 wins a season but if it is indeed true it must be an improvement or we wouldn't have had our highest points total now would we?

Ok then, facts. Last season's goals against tally was the worst of any year since we returned to the top flight. Better?

We've been hosed 3-0 on our last two away trips so it looks as though a trend may be developing but ill leave that to others to decide.

We could go back and forth all night on the facts but the real question is do you feel that what we've been watching over the last year in the the league has been good enough? If you do, then no amount of stats will convince you otherwise and we just see it differently.

This will no doubt go against the obvious chain if thought I'm reading on here. Danny needs to be given time if he is going to fall on his own sword for poor results NOT FOR POSSIBLE SIGNINGS as he only identifies them then lets others do the business then so be it. But honestly 3 games into the season is not the time for the abuse he seems to be getting considering Gilmour said a while back he was getting an increased budget. Danny will always have my support whilst in charge as any manager will. But he needs until end of the year to turn it around. Where are these experienced players hiding the st mitten men lead by example on the pitch do what you get paid to do. Time to stand up and br counted

2 defeats out of 3 games in the league and everyone has pished themselves.

Some things to consider

The vast majority of negative posts come from the same 3 people with multiple aliases, the rest from people that believe everything they read on the Internet to be fact and are therefor too stupid to form their own opinion.

The board will not be sacking Danny Lennon, it's simply not going to happen. He has brought in exciting players and always has an eye on the future (bringing in several under21 players for the future) In his tenure we have scored more goals and accumulated more points than any previous SPL season. Of course won our first ever league cup, the first major trophy for a generation.

But let's not let facts get in the way..

This "He's lost the dressing room" pish is fabricated nonsense

f**k the lot of ye's am off for a wank

Take your head out your arse.

Gilmour said a while back he was getting an increased budget.

Is this true?

I doubt this is the case. If it is then Danny has managed to weaken the squad with more cash to spend. This would make his position even more questionable.

We've self destructed during the close season and I still don't understand why; poor management, or low aspirations from the BOD.

We're missing the fundamental balanced structure of a team. Still a couple of days to go on the transfer market; but I think it's going to turn from window shopping to a trolley dash for Danny to cobble together a squad.

Not entirely true. What we actually need is a team that can compete in the SPL.

I think, and I may be wrong, the point is that most supporters already know the situation and regurgitating the same posts/threads over and over isn't helping.

Just my opinion, you understand.

Edited by faraway saint

Now I consider myself to be on the Lennonsceptic side of things, I've criticized the lack of signings in time for the start of the season and I'm as disappointed as anyone at our start we've made but we've got a big League Cup game next and are only 1 point behind Killie in the league so I'm trying to keep things in perspective.

Big seven days coming up, it'll depend on how things go elsewhere but anything less than a Cup win and a draw against Thistle and DL will be a bit of a lame duck.

Is this true?

I doubt this is the case. If it is then Danny has managed to weaken the squad with more cash to spend. This would make his position even more questionable.

We've self destructed during the close season and I still don't understand why; poor management, or low aspirations from the BOD.

We're missing the fundamental balanced structure of a team. Still a couple of days to go on the transfer market; but I think it's going to turn from window shopping to a trolley dash for Danny to cobble together a squad.

I DO remember reading about an increased budget a while back.

Something must've changed, surely? Or the board were 'being economical with the truth' to begin with.

I feel most sorry for all the ST holders who were persuaded to buy early. Was that to just get money/interest into the bank. Money which has been used for what?

Its a big week for the manager - with 2 games we should be winning on the horizon.

I think there is a real lack of confidence in the team down to losing a lot of players and increased expecations on those that remain. If we win against QoS, beat Partick and bring in a couple of players - this time next week there will be a different picture.

Results this season have been unnacceptable no doubt about it. If we bring in no-one, lose both games this week then we are really at a point where you would have to think DL would recognise this hasn't worked out.

However, I will be at the next two games, getting behind the team and hoping that our senior guys step up to the plate and give us what we need to kick start the season!

Something must've changed, surely? Or the board were 'being economical with the truth' to begin with.

I feel most sorry for all the ST holders who were persuaded to buy early. Was that to just get money/interest into the bank. Money which has been used for what?

for paying the wages of the current squad.

Statistics, statistics and damned lies!

Unfortunately, the facts speak for themselves and there are no damned lies available to mask the extremely poor playing record of the team under DL and TC. Don't get me wrong, I was pleased with the change in playing philosophy post-Gus and it was refreshing, however the opposition soon learned how to counter our passing game and as we weren't Barcelona, the players didn't have the ability to take that passing game up a couple of notches to outwit the opposition who came to spoil our new-found game.

The original post by Tam has many basic facts absolutely on the ball. The stats don't lie - and in reality we are now going backwards as a team as opposed to forwards (maybe I should say across rather than backwards as that is the regular passing direction for those at the back). I am a stuck record in that I've posted several times that the goalkeeping position is important enough to have someone that inspires confidence, central defence is consistently not strong enough and leaks too many goals, and Thompson is not an out and out striker - he needs a partner who is effective (god forbid he gets injured).

I feel for Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig as they have brought large amounts of joy to the small bunch of regular supporters who follow the Buddies, BUT they are losing that crowd and they are losing the support of those who truly want them to succeed.

What's the answer - it's certainly not pushing untried and untested players who are currently on the staff into the managerial role. It's also not Calderwood - sorry far too many failures at various levels.

It is maybe time for the BoD's to seriously consider whether we are making progress and maybe at the end of this week, whether a failure to attract the right kind of players into a successful set-up is something to do with the perceived external attitudes of the club and whether players are not excited to come to Paisley to ply their trade because they seriously question whether they can improve or be successful with the current managerial set-up.

Something's not right and it's not just the lack of money -as has been ventured elsewhere on this forum- other teams such as the fake Saints, ICT, Ross County, Motherwell and Kilmarnock all seem to achieve better signings (or extract more from these signings) and better shape and tactics, than we do.

Sorry, I'm one of those supporters that's beginning to wet my knickers and see that maybe change is not that far away. thumbdown.gif

Edited by The Original 59er

Fans need to get behind the team, including the manager. Show some support, instead of slating the manager and individual players.

Support is most needed when it's most difficult to give. It's easy to support a winning team - basically cheerleading. What's far more difficult to do is to get behind a team that's struggling to try to motivate & encourage them. To get behind a manager whose team are doing badly and who is under immense pressure.

If only the manager and team had done something recently to give us all some joy and happiness. Maybe then they'd have a reason for those incapable of actual support to consider that we were worth supporting.

Panic has set in after 3 games. Expect 3 signings this week and hopefully we can stop letting in extremely soft goals and find someone who will contribute to scoring them. We won't be cast adrift from the rest due to Hearts point deduction and apart from Celtic anyone can beat anyone on their day. Let us see where we are at Christmas and create an atmosphere at our home games that away teams hate going to. We can help turn our home form around which will be critical to any success we have this year.

Fans need to get behind the team, including the manager. Show some support, instead of slating the manager and individual players.

Support is most needed when it's most difficult to give. It's easy to support a winning team - basically cheerleading. What's far more difficult to do is to get behind a team that's struggling to try to motivate & encourage them. To get behind a manager whose team are doing badly and who is under immense pressure.

If only the manager and team had done something recently to give us all some joy and happiness. Maybe then they'd have a reason for those incapable of actual support to consider that we were worth supporting.

Fair play to ye but this is St Mirren supporters we're talking about, eternally miserable bastards, so I ain't gonna hold my breath.

No, it was because they support the team no matter who plays and what league we are in. I agree that having certain players on board can increase season ticket sales, but we are talking St Mirren and not Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

No, it was because they support the team no matter who plays and what league we are in. I agree that having certain players on board can increase season ticket sales, but we are talking St Mirren and not Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

My point was that the supporters were encouraged to buy their STs early as possible this season, so that the money could be used to strengthen the squad. That hasn't happened effectively. People can say all they want about the transfer window still being open and how players will come in this week. But it's STILL too late. The squad should've been sorted ages ago.

The supporters who bought their STs early at the club's request will have every right to feel aggrieved and wonder why such a request was made.

Panic has set in after 3 games. Expect 3 signings this week and hopefully we can stop letting in extremely soft goals and find someone who will contribute to scoring them. We won't be cast adrift from the rest due to Hearts point deduction and apart from Celtic anyone can beat anyone on their day. Let us see where we are at Christmas and create an atmosphere at our home games that away teams hate going to. We can help turn our home form around which will be critical to any success we have this year.

*Three years.

We won't stop letting in soft goals until we get a coach who can teach our players to not be scared of physical contact, tackling or challenging for the ball. We need a manager who can do the basics of organising a team and building from there. We are the biggest soft touch around right now and if we come up against a good team this season we could take an absolute doing (if we haven't done so already). We have won one game, competitive or otherwise, since March 17. We've won three league matches since December 30. We are making no progress in the league and that is the bread and butter. Time is up for Danny Lennon, thanks for March 17 but you've done all you can here.

We won't stop letting in soft goals until we get a coach who can teach our players to not be scared of physical contact, tackling or challenging for the ball.

For sure. That was one of John Robertson's main points in his match report on Saturday, stating that St Mirren were 'too nice'. And, having seen, Gowser get pushed off the ball for their first and the likes of McLean strong-armed off the ball repeatedly (by a much bigger player, admittedly, but he didn't really put any resistance in) I would have to agree with Robertson, whom I don't really like as it goes.

*Three years.

We won't stop letting in soft goals until we get a coach who can teach our players to not be scared of physical contact, tackling or challenging for the ball. We need a manager who can do the basics of organising a team and building from there. We are the biggest soft touch around right now and if we come up against a good team this season we could take an absolute doing (if we haven't done so already). We have won one game, competitive or otherwise, since March 17. We've won three league matches since December 30. We are making no progress in the league and that is the bread and butter. Time is up for Danny Lennon, thanks for March 17 but you've done all you can here.

What have u been smoking? If we need a coach to challenge for the ball then surely the players themselves are in the wrong profession. The players have themselves admitted that they took there eye off the ball when it came to their league form before and after the league cup final with Dundee being so far behind. At the time the manager has to wait until the end of the season to make changes in which he has.

This season 3 games in we have been indifferent with our biggest Achilles heel being individual mistakes which am hopeful will be eradicated or become less of a theme going forward. We are supposed to be in the market for up to 3 signings so let's see what that brings and judge around Christmas.

I don't know what some supporters expect. We have a low average home attendance and have one of the smallest budgets in the division. With that last year we won a national cup and have been an established SPL/Premiership club for a number of seasons. We are financially secure so less chance of most of going bust.

What we should be doing is concentrating on giving the team all the support at our home games this season as our home form will be crucial to where we end up this season.