Thompson For Manager? Time To Up Your Medication, Gents.

Kemp

From Wikipedia

His impressive record in Scotland caught the attention of Leicester City, who appointed Levein as manager on 29 October 2004. However after a poor start to the 2005–06 season, which left the club languishing third from bottom in the Championship relegation zone, he was sacked as manager on 25 January 2006. No one in Leicester has a decent word to say about him because of this.

That's in Wikipedia?1eye.gif

This is all being played very cleverly by our board to deflect blame from themselves. There is nothing in Danny's precious seasons that match up to this pre season activity or lack of it.

Danny has been the most pro active manager we've had in years ,he always pinpointed his targets early and even had guy training with us from the jan before he signed.

The board don't want to spend any more money and will cut corners wherever they can. They've looked at this season and thought we won a cup which will keep the fans sweet and hearts are already down (aye right!) so we'll not bother giving Danny any more funds for quality players.

As someone else said, Danny has been hung out to dry and as usual all our support fall for it!

You can't just print stuff like this without evidence.

Slihjtly misleading bit in bold.

Indeed he was in charge when they got relegated but if you look at the situaion they were in when he was appointed and how close he took them to staying up most would agree he showed enough to prove he had something to offer.

I also made noises around the time it was clear Gus was off the Christmas crad list of most supporters that we should go for Butcher but his previous, of being part of Rangers, was enough to get that idea shot down in flames.

not trying to mislead anyone, but he not have them in a safe place after taking over and they still went down? As I say not trying to mislead anyone. Do you think many Saints managers would be afforded that grace?

Seems locked on for me ...to early for me though......Danny has quotes saying he is a future manager.......Makes sense in him coming to us ,,,future career etc.

In the context of a thread about removing our manager the insinuation is that he wants that role today or sooner.

In the context of a thread about removing our manager the insinuation is that he wants that role today or sooner.

Maybe so oaksoft ....but at the end of the day It's posters like me and you...i.e no inside info1eye.gif .......A blind man and his dug can see we need 3 players minimum and if the budget is the same as last year it should be no problem for wages. I have a feeling It is not and Steven Thompson would be aff his heid to take this squad on right now........No manager will keep this squad up!.........still hopeful of a few coming in but after looking at the Danny interview I'm not so sure...It's a board game now and they might not be too fussed in going down after the change in money distribution.

Maybe so oaksoft ....but at the end of the day It's posters like me and you...i.e no inside info1eye.gif .......A blind man and his dug can see we need 3 players minimum and if the budget is the same as last year it should be no problem for wages. I have a feeling It is not and Steven Thompson would be aff his heid to take this squad on right now........No manager will keep this squad up!.........still hopeful of a few coming in but after looking at the Danny interview I'm not so sure...It's a board game now and they might not be too fussed in going down after the change in money distribution.

They'll certainly be less fussed than they used to be.

I agree that we need probably 3 more players in given our start.

2 strikers and probably a defender now as well because it's clear the kids won't be given a chance by the fans.

More important however that the negativity and nervousness of our players is sorted ASAP otherwise 20 new players won't keep us up.

It's not surprising to see this place go in to meltdown after the weekend's result but some people really are seriously losing the plot, particularly that section of forum users who now seem to have completely flipped; the rabid foaming at the mouth anti Danny Lennon brigade.

Case in point is the group clamouring for Steven Thompson to be appointed manager, a decision that were it to be taken this week would surely be one of the most illogical and disastrous in the history of our fine club (I won't even consider the Kenny Shiels for manager collective as nothing more than a wind-up).

I will agree that Danny is looking likely to be out of a job soon unless he turns the league form around quickly (or wins the cup again...) and he must carry the can for not going in to the season completely prepared but why are the players getting off scot free here? And above all, why are some of you calling for two of them to be made manager and assistant manager?

It looks to me like Danny Lennon has fallen victim to "player power" and some the senior players have f**ked him over. The situations with Guy and Imrie tell their own story. Yet, if the problem with the team is that the players are not motivated ("he has lost the dressing room") why would you want Thompson and Teale to take over the team? They are on the park now and we are "soft" and there are guys like Harkins not bothering to pick up players from corners and Jim Goodwin, club captain, barely showing up. Davidg posted on another thread that Thompson refused to come off the bench in a game at the end of last season. It's up to him to back that quite serious allegation up, but if true then it paints a very sad picture of what goes on behind the scenes at St Mirren Park.

Graham Spiers said on the radio yesterday that the St Mirren support, like no other support in Scotland, have had it for their current manager since the day he started. And he is correct.

I think the reason that often this forum falls in to squabble between the "knicker wetters" and "happy clappers" is that many of us are not happy clappers but just feel deeply uncomfortable with the anonymity afforded to users of this forum being abused to launch a sustained, non-stop attack on one man. One poster uses so many aliases I believe he uses some to support Danny and others to berate him on a non stop basis. Another enjoys berating the manager so much that his calls for "wee clueless" to f**k off don't even change depending on who is in charge, Gus and Danny have enjoyed the same abuse and same nickname. Some posts from those like to claim to be in the know are now just "Bye Dan", "Thompson will be in charge now" etc Pretty poor stuff in my opinion....and I find it difficult to read all that directed at one man while the board, chairman and senior players, some of whom really have taken the piss I suspect, are still all lauded as heros.

Exactly. wink.png

2 strikers and probably a defender now as well because it's clear the kids won't be given a chance by the fans.

More important however that the negativity and nervousness of our players is sorted ASAP otherwise 20 new players won't keep us up.

1. If we all take a wee step back I'm sure we can see the squad is lacking in numbers and has some problems that go way beyond a new manager. I posted pre season that we have too many really key players of an age where the legs can just go ....Steven Thompson, Jim Goodwin (on bbc right now)...Vanzy and Teale.....very hard to replace IMO......If DL could have kept our keeper he would have...simple as that again IMO.

And you make that assertion based on what?

Lennon has given Reilly 1 game. What other kids haven't been given a chance by the fans?

Indeed, Lennon has even dropped John McGinn, a player most fans want to see back in the side!!

Steven Thompson WILL be the new manager.

Things won't improve under Danny Lennon. He doesn't know what he's doing. He's wound up from the back like a puppet by Tommy Craig. And Tommy Craig's ridiculous tactics are what are costing us.

There is no way back under Lennon. He won't turn things around.

We need shot of him as possible and to get in a manager who knows what he's doing.

All real fans want Lennon out. We want to see things improve. Its only the happy clapping boo boy brigade who like to see Saints lose that want Lennon kept!

Things won't improve under Danny Lennon. He doesn't know what he's doing. He's wound up from the back like a puppet by Tommy Craig. And Tommy Craig's ridiculous tactics are what are costing us.

We need shot of him as possible and to get in a manager who knows what he's doing.

All real fans want Lennon out. We want to see things improve. Its only the happy clapping boo boy brigade who like to see Saints lose that want Lennon kept!

Do they ? I'm a real fan and I say gave Danny time and a chance to sort things out and get behind the team and the manager instead of spreading rumour and discontent, in fact I'd go as far as to say that some of your comments seem to be malicious and based on undermining the squad and management. You keep saying that Steven Thompson WILL be the new manager, what evidence do you have to back that up ?. Has Stewart Gilmour or any other member of the board told you that because as things stand that would give Danny very good ammunition to walk away and sue the club for constructive dismissal.

The first div is not the place to be its pretty crap lets be honest. I cannot believe that we are now not a spl team one that is established and doesn't always finish fighting the drop. It's an absolute disgrace if the board don't care if we go down. Maybe they will care when season tickets drop, hospitality drops, sponsorship drops, and they still can't sell the club. I would be absolutely gobsmacked if we don't sign at least three players Edited by norrie82

The first div is not the place to be its pretty crap lets be honest. I cannot believe that we are now not a spl team one that is established and doesn't always finish fighting the drop. It's an absolute disgrace if the board don't care if we go down. Maybe they will care when season tickets drop, hospitality drops, sponsorship drops, and they still can't sell the club. I would be absolutely gobsmacked if we don't sign at least three players

I don't think (note that everyone, 'I' don't think) that the board would be that bothered. Games against Sevco & Morton would be financially better for them than most top flight games. In fact, arguably better than ALL top flight games.

Put your rod away Andy.

Trying too hard here

Not sure why you think kids wont be given a chance? As far as I'm aware any kid that's been "blooded" into the first team has always the fans support, even from those who want the manager out. Wanting a stronger squad with an experienced spine does not equate to not supporting youth. I'd love to see Reilly given his chance this season in the same way McGinn broke through last year. I just don't want to see him pitched in wide right of midfield when he's a striker.

Agree with the last part though.