Next St Mirren Manager

Look unless we are bottom of the league this Christmas DL will see out the remainder of his contract at least which I am led to believe runs out at the end of this season. Lets look at the facts since DL took over.

1st season - Transitional season

2nd season - Highest league finish in over 20 years playing some fantastic football

3rd season - won league cup

4th season - 3 games old with transfer window still open

Not bad going for a club our size. Don't panic

Last season we beat Celtic, who beat Barcelona.

Alternatively, St Johnstone took 4 off Ross County, who beat us by 3, but got beaten by 4 by Dundee United.

You can use other teams to prove any point you want to make, and I find it sad that some Saints fans will actually be happy to lose our next two games, just to see Danny Lennon sacked.

I never have or never will want St Mirren to lose to anyone ,I don't want DL sacked either ,my point was that the post I replied to was basically saying Hearts are in a worse way than we are ,which I don't think they are.

How do you know, have you been around to witness events in his office and at training?

Thought not. You dont know what he has to deal with and therefore are not qualified to support that statement.

As for the last part, you seem to be almost slavering at the thought of a couple of defeats.

Christmas will have come early for you and SPS if we lose.

Thing is, i think the board have hunkered down on this for the long run, I really dont think the y will sack DL, they might be waiting for him to get so sick of these rivers of pish that he resigns, though. What will the boo-boys do if we carry on losing and DL is not even remotely under threat?

What a strange post. Why would i need to be at the office or at the training ground to know his squad management has been shocking? I'd just need a squad list from May and a squad list now. The gap in balance and quality between the two lists is shocking, and it's his fault.

No idea what the rest of the post is about. I would never want St Mirren to lose. Seems to be the go to point for the few remaining Lennon supporters though, questioning whether the Lennon doubters are proper fans or not. Poor stuff indeed. I will be in Dumfries tomorrow night and i'll be desperate as anyone to see us get through to the next round.

What a strange post. Why would i need to be at the office or at the training ground to know his squad management has been shocking? I'd just need a squad list from May and a squad list now. The gap in balance and quality between the two lists is shocking, and it's his fault.

I thought that the General Manager tended to deal with the business end of bringing players to the club.

You don't know the constraints he might have been subject to. Perhaps he targetted a player but the club opted not to offer £X for said player's services. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but I'm puzzled as to how you can be so confident in apportioning blame to Lennon.

Edited by Drew

No idea what the rest of the post is about. I would never want St Mirren to lose. Seems to be the go to point for the few remaining Lennon supporters though, questioning whether the Lennon doubters are proper fans or not. Poor stuff indeed. I will be in Dumfries tomorrow night and i'll be desperate as anyone to see us get through to the next round.

Is it his fault or is the a case of making the P&L look good to any potential buyers?

You are correct drew. I do know that Brian Caldwell is in on the signing of players. I was chatting to him about the Isma transfer and he said that wad part of his role.

Aye.

I'm not suggesting Danny doesn't have a role in sealing deals, but to suggest it is his "fault" that we are in our current squad position, and his alone, seemes pretty unfair.

Some idiots on here think St Mirren can do no wrong, and would probably applaud them on the the park if they lost 10 nil, such as nedflanders and howard to name a few.

I like Danny Lennon, but it is time for him to go, losing 6 in a row last season was unacceptable, we did win the league cup which was great (and people saying "it's too soon to be sacked after winning a cup), Roberto Di Matteo was sacked at Chelsea not long after winning the Champions League.

The start to the season and his activity in the transfer market pre-season has been embarassing, with Harkins being the exception.

I fear Hearts will catch up with us now if Danny is still in charge and relegation looms.

However Danny Lennon is a much better manager than Gus MacPherson ever was, Danny won over the fans immediately, whereas Gus hated St Mirren fans who criticised him, Gus's arrogance was his downfall.

Incorrect. However, as Dave the Buddie states, I would support the team even if bottom of League 2. Now off you go & start up another thread about getting rid of the manager.

Yes, but surely everyone thought that was nonsense and not necessarily something to be emulated? Same as Bayern Munich at end of last season, mental.

Well, to be fair, Jupp Heynckes was leaving Bayern at the end of last season anyway.

No I'm saying that as a support we are intolerant and have been to better managers and teams in the past. In fact we like to abuse the two Glasgow bigots for thinking they should be winning every week, when in reality we have fans who think likewise. I have said in the past that I'm not that sure if Danny will ever be a top class manager, or even an average manager. What I do know is that he works hard for the club and has grown to like it. I also believe that that players he wanted and he thought we could afford turned us down.

For what's its worth, and since you kind of asked only Stein ever stands comparison with Ferguson

You have to remember, this is a support who laud Billy Stark to the high heavens yet, in his playing days at Love Street, were never off his back giving him abuse. Twisted bástards? Oh, I rather think so.

Some idiots on here think St Mirren can do no wrong, and would probably applaud them on the the park if they lost 10 nil, such as nedflanders and howard to name a few.

I like Danny Lennon, but it is time for him to go, losing 6 in a row last season was unacceptable, we did win the league cup which was great (and people saying "it's too soon to be sacked after winning a cup), Roberto Di Matteo was sacked at Chelsea not long after winning the Champions League.

The start to the season and his activity in the transfer market pre-season has been embarassing, with Harkins being the exception.

I fear Hearts will catch up with us now if Danny is still in charge and relegation looms.

However Danny Lennon is a much better manager than Gus MacPherson ever was, Danny won over the fans immediately, whereas Gus hated St Mirren fans who criticised him, Gus's arrogance was his downfall.

Wow, so you are referring that I am an idiot? Of course I would not be happy losing 10 nil so where did you get that impression from? I have no idea how long you have supported our club but if winning each week is what you want then go and watch the bigot brothers rather than a club that has will always lose more than it wins. I am simply not a knicker-wetter like you and others who, after 3 league games, are calling for the manager's head simply because we have not yet won a game. Remember my friend, this forum is all about opinions and that does not mean that if anyone does not agree with your opinion that they are deemed to be an idiot. Get a grip FFS and learn to accept that others views differ from your own. You are entitled to your own opinion even if I don't agree with it and I will not resort to childish or petulant "you are an idiot" statements.

I will continue to support the club, manager and players each week and any decision to make changes at management level will be left to the board. We are going through a rough patch but like I said earlier, other clubs were in our position last season and turned things around. Have faith as a supporter that we do the same. If not, then I will continue to give the club my full support irrespective of what division we are in - I have done that for over 45 years and have seen us in a far worse state than we are now.

Danny should be given another month or so. I think he deserves that. However listening to the radio it seems the fans are now turning big time. Hugh Keevin's has said Saturday is a must win for Danny ? I find it hard to disagree. Saturday is a big one as really we should beat queens tomorrow shouldn't we?

Edited by norrie82

Danny should be given another month or so. I think he deserves that. However listening to the radio it seems the fans are now turning big time. Hugh Keevin's has said Saturday is a must win for Danny ? I find it hard to disagree. Saturday is a big one as really we should beat queens tomorrow shouldn't we?

To say Sat is a must win game is a little premature everyone outside Celtic can take points off each other. Lets judge our season around about the festive period

Dave with respect we could be down by festive season

Never known a team to be relegated before Christmas and not one to have a 15 point advantage over a rival. Hearts have started better than expected but once they get a couple of suspensions and injuries then they will hit a bad run. As I keep saying anyone can beat anyone in this league if you take away Celtic

Look guys, we need to stick with Danny. It's ridiculous to be thinking about getting rid of him. He won us the cup for goodness sake and beat Aberdeen, hearts and Celtic on the way. It was no fluke. He's managing a team on a small budget having to make do with loan options. Some of the guys who did well last season haven't switched on yet either..we've only played 3 games!!..I know we've been poor since winning the cup, but we were all hung over for the rest of the season after the cup run. Preseason has never been great for us and, as I said, we've only played 3 games, 2 of them away in the highlands, where we never travel well anyway, and a point at home to killie, a game we should've been 2 up in early on but for good inspired goalkeeping by Samson and poor finishing.we've got QOTS tomorrow, yet another long trip away to a newly promoted team who will be a real test for us and I'd be happy with a draw...changing the manager at this stage will make no difference to the players available. Stick with Danny till everybody has played each other once before all this nonsense..come on the buddies

Dave with respect we could be down by festive season

You're a fúcking wind-up merchant, aren't you?

On the back of an outstanding triumph last season and a couple of wee struggles this season, i've mostly been reading anti Danny, some anti Tommy, anti Gilmour, anti happy clappers. Seems to me Wilbur they are anti St Mirren and for no good reason.

And when i post generally nonsensical topics, at least i place them in the appropriate thread and i dinnae pass them off as serious.

• 4 weeks later...