Next St Mirren Manager

I still think Kenny Shiels.

As long as we don't end up with another 'promising young manager punching above his weight in Scotland's lower divisions'. Hartley would be my worst nightmare - my season ticket will be posted back to Mr Gilmour if that wee reptile ever became our manager.

We need someone that has experience at our level or better. Shiels could be a decent appointment if he would agree to wearing a gag at post-match interviews.

As long as we don't end up with another 'promising young manager punching above his weight in Scotland's lower divisions'. Hartley would be my worst nightmare - my season ticket will be posted back to Mr Gilmour if that wee reptile ever became our manager.

We need someone that has experience at our level or better. Shiels could be a decent appointment if he would agree to wearing a gag at post-match interviews.

Seems to be working OK for St Johnstone going non-experienced route. Coyle, McInnes, Lomas, Wright all came to the club from lower/non league with little experience at top level. The former 3 were taken for cash and Tommy Wright seems to be doing OK.

Hartley would be a good appointment to be honest, but like you demonstrate some of our fans would not be able to separate him from his playing career and it would be a hard gig if a few of the fans were not behind him from the start.

Edited by flyingscot

Am I actually seeing fans call for the youth development coach to be fired? Called a "hanger on"? The youth development coach??

How can there be people so stupid and vindictive in the world? What in the name of fcuk has he done to merit being the focus of the anger and hatred?

Some people amaze me.

Levein's name being proposed as a strong possibility around some surprising quarters this morning....................a step back into the game, steady safe pair of hands.

Being as we've only scored two goals this season on six games .............well , what's not to love about this one.

Personally I couldn't care who gets the gig , it's a couple of wins we are needing , the rest takes care of itself.

I heard that at the 'Well game a week past Saturday, that he had been sounded out

I agree, I for one would not watch St Mirren if Hartley became our next manager.

We need to for an experienced manager this time around, Leivein does talk drivel sometimes but I think he would be a good appointment none the less, if we could afford Neil Warnock then that would be a better option.

Am I actually seeing fans call for the youth development coach to be fired? Called a "hanger on"? The youth development coach??

How can there be people so stupid and vindictive in the world? What in the name of fcuk has he done to merit being the focus of the anger and hatred?

Some people amaze me.

You'll find there are posters on here who have had kids with the Saints youth squad but have not had their contracts renewed by Longmuir.

We had a guy on here a couple of years ago bleating that his son was the reincarnation of Pele himself but Longmuir released him.

Much of it is sour grapes.

Whilst considering whether Lennon should go, whilst also casting covetous eyes at the progress ICT have made under Butcher, it should not be ignored that ICT kept faith with their manager even when he took them down.

I am emphatically NOT saying we should follow that model - because we tried it with Hendrie before and look what happened there.

However, it's worth comparing our situation with ICT that season. Did the fans, and/or the ICT board, see something in Butcher's style of play or management that meant they kept the faith long after most fans would have been baying for blood?

As a bunch of fans we seem to be particularly touchy about the prospect of relegation, and I can see why - the last two times we've gone down, there has been a worrying air of permanence about it. But it'd be good if, as a club, we could embrace it a little more, a bit like West Brom used to, knowing that we had the capacity and the following to bounce back.

I also think the shortlists people draw up are very narrow. Yes, Hartley would be a good candidate, but it speaks volumes about our current predicament that people would be prepared to forgive his past relationship with us. But aside from that, there must be a tonne of lower-league managers in England who would relish the opportunity to try their hand at a league where, lets face it, European spots are up for grabs to pretty much every side in the league, providing they can muster a bit of organisation.

I think it's time for Danny to go, despite ICT's case-study evidence to the contrary, and I would like to see our net cast far and wide when looking for a replacement.

Edited by Magic Monkey

shutup.gif

Whilst considering whether Lennon should go, whilst also casting covetous eyes at the progress ICT have made under Butcher, it should not be ignored that ICT kept faith with their manager even when he took them down.

I am emphatically NOT saying we should follow that model - because we tried it with Hendrie before and look what happened there.

However, it's worth comparing our situation with ICT that season. Did the fans, and/or the ICT board, see something in Butcher's style of play or management that meant they kept the faith long after most fans would have been baying for blood?

As a bunch of fans we seem to be particularly touchy about the prospect of relegation, and I can see why - the last two times we've gone down, there has been a worrying air of permanence about it. But it'd be good if, as a club, we could embrace it a little more, a bit like West Brom used to, knowing that we had the capacity and the following to bounce back.

I also think the shortlists people draw up are very narrow. Yes, Hartley would be a good candidate, but it speaks volumes about our current predicament that people would be prepared to forgive his past relationship with us. But aside from that, there must be a tonne of lower-league managers in England who would relish the opportunity to try their hand at a league where, lets face it, European spots are up for grabs to pretty much every side in the league, providing they can muster a bit of organisation.

I think it's time for Danny to go, despite ICT's case-study evidence to the contrary, and I would like to see our net cast far and wide when looking for a replacement.

Yup, excellent............sums it up perfectly for me. Key is 'muster a bit of organisation'.

Seems to me the baw was burst immediately after the Cup win and we are no where near a unit again. The manager still clearly does not know his best eleven, the players are clearly lacking focus, awareness and motivation, they are being bullied or pushed off the ball every week, it's hard to believe but blatantly obvious.

Organisation , a fair degree of bollockings also require to be applied.................very much old school simple stuff I know, but sometimes when a club / team loses it's way , well it's just a case of honest face up and fix it !!! Start by getting the team bus , acting like part of a team ......................blah ...............blah ...........bah-sign.gif

The thing to remember is Butcher came into the Inverness job, late on in January into a team that was poor, loads of defeats and Brewster looked defeated. He almost saved them too, Falkirk relegating them last day of the season. Butcher did well and no surprises they kept faith with him when they were relegated.

The one note of concern is if we do hire a new manager and he gets relegated with this team we have little chance of automatic promotion as the Ibrox lot will be out to get back into the SPL and spending big again.

Levein's name being proposed as a strong possibility around some surprising quarters this morning....................a step back into the game, steady safe pair of hands.

Being as we've only scored two goals this season on six games .............well , what's not to love about this one.

Personally I couldn't care who gets the gig , it's a couple of wins we are needing , the rest takes care of itself.

'Hearts' not in the right place? He would gladly relegate us.

Some people amaze me.

Haven't seen anyone saying he should be fired, but please God leave him where he is. We don't want any money-saving Ricky McFarlane -esque appointments.

You'll find there are posters on here who have had kids with the Saints youth squad but have not had their contracts renewed by Longmuir.

We had a guy on here a couple of years ago bleating that his son was the reincarnation of Pele himself but Longmuir released him.

Much of it is sour grapes.

Much of what is sour grapes? So far I'm the only one saying he shouldn't be promoted to the 1st team and the closest any of my offspring got to playing with the Saints youth squad was playing against them . A hat-trick scored by my youngest son when playing v Cheesy and the BC springs to mind !

The thing to remember is Butcher came into the Inverness job, late on in January into a team that was poor, loads of defeats and Brewster looked defeated. He almost saved them too, Falkirk relegating them last day of the season. Butcher did well and no surprises they kept faith with him when they were relegated.

The one note of concern is if we do hire a new manager and he gets relegated with this team we have little chance of automatic promotion as the Ibrox lot will be out to get back into the SPL and spending big again.

Exactly, Butcher had shown more than enough in that short term to be worth a gamble on bringing them back up.

I voiced Butcher as a possible replacement for our previous manager but it wasn't taken very seriously. whistling.gif

Haven't seen anyone saying he should be fired, but please God leave him where he is. We don't want any money-saving Ricky McFarlane -esque appointments.

Clearly we're rolling in money, and will be rolling in even more when we pay Danny off, so I expect us to spend big on a successor.

Hang on, I think I've got that wrong somewhere...

Clearly we're rolling in money, and will be rolling in even more when we pay Danny off, so I expect us to spend big on a successor.

Hang on, I think I've got that wrong somewhere...

We should be rolling in money because the cash generated by the cup run/win clearly hasn't been re-invested in the playing side. Anyway , the likelihood is that Danny will be paid off in the same way as Gus , that is he will continue to receive his basic monthly wage until his contract expires. We may well have to pay a bit of compo for a new boss , but that happens at every club , cash-strapped Killie and Dundee Utd have both had to do it recently !