Next St Mirren Manager

*sighs*

True, though in fairness, I was technically responding directly to a challenge he made to an earlier post of mine (albeit, somewhat.... er, indirectly).

Anyway, where are we gathering, and who is bringing the popcorn?

Midnight tomorrow. Buddie Good Food van. Bring a picnic... and a box of matches to burn the dome down in protest.

So you tell us we cannot judge the mood of the support towards Danny because of what a dozen or so folk on a forum are saying (I agree by the way) - but then go on to tell us the support is split, and not only that, you provide even more detail, telling us most are hoping Danny can continue to improve the club.

How do you know so much about what maybe three or four thousand Buddies fans feel about the manager's situation? Based on what exactly? The 'dozen or so knives out' forumsters don't speak for the St Mirren support, and neither do you, so what's with you telling us we're split on the manager's position. Just like the knives out guys, all you should do is use the forum as a platform to express your personal opinion. You don't know one thing about how the wider support view Danny Lennon.

Personally, I think you're making things up. Convince me otherwise.

First bit in bold, it's you who are making things up. I said no such thing, i simpl,y advised a poster that the views of a few posters could never purport to be the view of the majority. He expressed a concern and i rationalised it for him. i dont purport to speak for others. i expressed an opinion, in the same way that you do, that the support is split

I attend games, speak to other fans and make my judgements based on that. My stance has always been that the situation will resolve itself at the end of the season and that the witchunt really only makes things worse

also, even looking at the various polls on this forum suggest that the support is split, as always, i caution against the hysterical screeching of a few being a reflection of the whole support

Take it from me Chris , I meet a lot of people in my line of work as you know , there is broad disquiet at DLs performance since the final , not just some guys on here.

Billy, i am concerned about the performance of the club as much as anyone and am also concerned about DL's performance in some areas. You cant discount the fact that many of these people would still hope that Danny can get it back together

The point is, one person's performance is rarely solely attributable to them. You have to consider the environment they are working in and the way that they themselves are managed as well as the resources they have to work with. I have said all along the board have been disingenuous, they have been here before with previous managers and they have experience of man management. They should be giving DL vocal and close support, counselling him and advising him. There is an adage in business that says that good performers dont go bad overnight, there is always a reason for a slip and it is a director's job to sort out the problems the managers face as far as they possibly can. Information from someone who knows tells me that this hasnt happened for a long while at St Mirren.

i have little doubt that Danny will be on his way at the end of the season, it might be the best thing for him but not neccessarily the best for the club

Edited by beyond our ken

By the same token, football is player's livelihood. Does that mean that we can't discuss which players should or shouldn't be playing, offered contracts, etc?

The supporter's pay Lennon's wages. Part and parcel of being a football manager is dealing with fans who do and don't like him and do or don't want him to stay.

This subject is NOT off limits.

And for the record, I think his contract should be terminated with immediate effect. Posted Image

It is not the subject I object to, it's the vitriol. The way some so called supporters go on, it implies DL is not doing everything in his power to stave off relegation. Get behind the team and, if they go down, then events will take care of themselves

It's the arrogance of footbal fans, cambie. everyone knows that someone has to come last, but they think there is a divine right for it not to be them.

It is not the subject I object to, it's the vitriol. The way some so called supporters go on, it implies DL is not doing everything in his power to stave off relegation. Get behind the team and, if they go down, then events will take care of themselves

A number of minds were made up a long, long, long time ago. Hence the repeated nature of the vitriol. I agree with the questioning of some of the baffling decisions, reluctance to play to our strengths at times and pay offs of players, but (and it is a big but) why is it not a discussion, rather than vitriol?

I think some calming words from the BOD would go a long way. Even if to simply say, we are down-sizing to reflect the current economic climate and whilst performances haven't been as good as we all would have hoped for we are 19 points off the automatic relegation spot, still have an outside chance of top 6 but failing this involved in a 4/5 way race to avoid the play-off place (not isolated with a mountain to climb).

Some of the performances under DL even this season have been fantastic. Hopefully getting rid of players who haven't matched our required commitment levels will help balance the books and allow our young talented players to learn from dedicated older pros.

On that note given the fine margins between success and failure, when is Teale expected to return from injury?

it's a big mistake to construe the opinions of the same dozen or so people posting on a poorly-supported forum as representing the popular view.

Here's what you said. I agree, what a dozen or so people say on a forum doesn't represent the popular view. Later in your post you then told us what the St Mirren popular view was - the support is split.

Is it? I stand by everything I said. Keep wriggling.

This is mans livelihood you're talking about. The subject should be off limits.

Am sorry but when you become a football manager discussion between fans wether he's good enough to manage their club is definitely not off limits. Nature of the job. If he doesn't like it he could always just resign and do everyone a favour.

It's the arrogance of footbal fans, cambie. everyone knows that someone has to come last, but they think there is a divine right for it not to be them.

I would completely disagree with this. Lennon has made a total arse of not one but two transfer windows now. He has to take responsibility he's the manager. If he made better choices in these transfer windows then we wouldn't be worrying about finishing anywhere near last this season. I do like Danny but as already been said by many other posters I don't believe the players respect him enough, we need someone in who can crack the whip and sort this shit out!

Most fans don't comment on forums, it's a very very small number that do.

The people I sit around at the games feel DL should be given a new contract and I agree.

When was the last time we had youth players coming through the ranks like we do now? Before, we would sign journeymen and play hoof ball. It was painful to watch and made me dread Saturdays. Although it doesn't always work under DL at least we have excitement and good football at times.

We are also sitting 9th, 4 points off 7th

I don't know what more we can ask for with a club our size, until the club is sold and funds are made available changing the manager won't achieve anything

^Standard response from a goon.

Why not tell me your reasons for wanting a new manager instead of posting petty insults?

I've posted a list of reasons on here that's as long as my arm , you're a new member so you won't have seen them , unless you're yet another alias ?

I've posted a list of reasons on here that's as long as my arm , you're a new member so you won't have seen them , unless you're yet another alias ?

Well I won't ask you to repost an arm full of reasons, unless you have small arms. But what I will ask is who would you bring in? And what do you think could have been done differently? Despite a lot of negativity I've seen by 15 or so forum users the history books will show DL as a very very successful st mirren manager

Most fans don't comment on forums, it's a very very small number that do.

The people I sit around at the games feel DL should be given a new contract and I agree.

When was the last time we had youth players coming through the ranks like we do now? Before, we would sign journeymen and play hoof ball. It was painful to watch and made me dread Saturdays. Although it doesn't always work under DL at least we have excitement and good football at times.

We are also sitting 9th, 4 points off 7th

I don't know what more we can ask for with a club our size, until the club is sold and funds are made available changing the manager won't achieve anything

I've no doubt you're being truthful but where the hell do you find a group of St.mirren fans who sit together and all agree? No such group has ever existed in the history of St.Mirren FC. Are they men or what?

• 1 month later...

According to an interview in the Liverpool Echo.Paul Jewell has declared interest in becoming the next manager of St Mirren should DL leave the club

Are you sure? Just googled Liverpool Echo and searched for 'Paul Jewell' in the website, produced a grand total of no relevant hits.