Next St Mirren Manager

We're a genuine threat going forward? How delusional are you? We only carved out 2 or 3 chances yesterday and one was in injury time from a long range shot. We have failed to score in 5 of our 7 home games. 1 point from a possible 21 at home is relegation form in any league in the world. And yes our away form is slightly better but not good enough.

The problem isn't that our 35 year old striker got an injury it's that there is no other competent strikers to take his place in the squad.

Err... my post was 2!!! months ago before Thommo was joined by half the senior players on the treatment table, but feel free to troll back further to make yourself look stoopit.

Err... my post was 2!!! months ago before Thommo was joined by half the senior players on the treatment table, but feel free to troll back further to make yourself look stoopit.

Fair enough, I was reading the last few pages and didn’t check the date of the post. But we haven’t been a genuine threat going forward for more than 20 mins at a time this season. Thommo is the only striker out injured, Wylde is the only other attacking player missing so the point stands.

Out of interest..2 months later, do you still believe we have a geniune attacking threat? Or do you believe we will when Thompson and Wylde are back?

Fair enough, I was reading the last few pages and didnt check the date of the post. But we havent been a genuine threat going forward for more than 20 mins at a time this season. Thommo is the only striker out injured, Wylde is the only other attacking player missing so the point stands. [/size]

Out of interest..2 months later, do you still believe we have a geniune attacking threat? Or do you believe we will when Thompson and Wylde are back?[/size]

At the time of my post Marwood and Ball were sold to us as goal- getters, we also had McGinn, Mclean, Wylde, Teale (sparingly)' Reilly to name but a few as a potetially potent force going forward. It hasn't materialised as we all know, but hey if you had been brave enough to make the point at the time, then i would have agreed it still stood today.

We can all be knowledable after the event.

To add, even with Thommo and Wylde back we will only be a threat when we have a manager who wants to play the pressing game higher up the pitch. Thats where McLean , McGinn, Wylde and Tesselaar would be feeding Thommo and having pops themselves.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Find it a bit strange that we shipped Declan Hughes out to Cowdenbeath when Craig said he was one from the youth team that might get a few games this season. Also really annoying knowing that we sent him out on loan whilst we're playing Reilly and Drury as centre mids fs.

Find it a bit strange that we shipped Declan Hughes out to Cowdenbeath when Craig said he was one from the youth team that might get a few games this season. Also really annoying knowing that we sent him out on loan whilst we're playing Reilly and Drury as centre mids fs.

We already had Osbourne, McGinn, McLean, and Goodwin for central midfield spots so at that time he wasn't going to be able to get regular games. Injuries have resulted in us scrambling and putting players into roles they are uncomfortable, by which time he'd been loaned out.

We already had Osbourne, McGinn, McLean, and Goodwin for central midfield spots so at that time he wasn't going to be able to get regular games. Injuries have resulted in us scrambling and putting players into roles they are uncomfortable, by which time he'd been loaned out.

Yeah that's been a perfect storm.

I believe we can recall him next month, which may help matters.