Next St Mirren Manager

We just need to move TC sideways and use the senior Pros to manage , no need to pay compy to anyone , don't think TC would have the slightest bit of shame taking money for nothing ,put him with the kids.

the senior players would not do that extra job for free and 2 of them are already in positions to have an impact on the team and with that in mind are actually part and parcel of our poor form, this is not a job for a novice manager, and i dont see any way out of it unless the consortiums share is bought and new majority shareholders have the cash to replace the manager

the senior players would not do that extra job for free and 2 of them are already in positions to have an impact on the team and with that in mind are actually part and parcel of our poor form, this is not a job for a novice manager, and i dont see any way out of it unless the consortiums share is bought and new majority shareholders have the cash to replace the manager

Difficult to argue with that.

The Billy Davies one seems a bit of a fantasy tbh. Really can't see it but that would be brill if any truth in the possibility he'd take it. Remember that goal at Ibr0x clap.gif

The Barry Smith one.... I wonder if he was one of the CVs we discarded during the close season bangin.gif missed our chance to pick him up easily.

McCall is stitting, waiting for Sally's job so that one is a non starter

Trust me on this one - Billy Davies needs to be approached and asked - he knows we ain't going to pay him a massive wage, he would take the job if asked. This would need to be done before the January transfer window so he can line up who he can get and who he can get rid of which is rather a lot on our performance this season.

The only stumbling block is the BOD who will sit with TC and watch us sink to the depths of no return!

One thing about Davies that is undeniable is his utter , exuberance and sheer enthusiasm for going at it so to speak. It often borders on the insane. It proved too much for many board members and chairmen in the past and led him to confrontation.

The players fitness would improve as would the team's attitude and pace throughout. We'd be an exciting prospect, no doubt about that.

As a short term kick up the arse for the team this would be immense, but as a long term Manager, I think his track record is less convincing as are his ambitions with a club like us.

Meanwhile back in reality land, we sit and wonder through the gloom of another post Saturday depression just how kind Celtic will be to us next week , keeping it to single figures maybe......................sad.png

One thing about Davies that is undeniable is his utter , exuberance and sheer enthusiasm for going at it so to speak. It often borders on the insane. It proved too much for many board members and chairmen in the past and led him to confrontation.

The players fitness would improve as would the team's attitude and pace throughout. We'd be an exciting prospect, no doubt about that.

As a short term kick up the arse for the team this would be immense, but as a long term Manager, I think his track record is less convincing as are his ambitions with a club like us.

Meanwhile back in reality land, we sit and wonder through the gloom of another post Saturday depression just how kind Celtic will be to us next week , keeping it to single figures maybe......................sad.png

We need Billy Davies in now to bail us out of the worst crisis we had for years. This is doable, not pie in the sky or wishful thinking. No need to offer 2 yr contract, get him in for the rest of the season, save our souls and take it from there. We probably would loose him to another club if he did, (would) keep us up. We then can move on from that point. If no one comes in for him then he would still be our manager!

We need Billy Davies in now to bail us out of the worst crisis we had for years. This is doable, not pie in the sky or wishful thinking. No need to offer 2 yr contract, get him in for the rest of the season, save our souls and take it from there. We probably would loose him to another club if he did, (would) keep us up. We then can move on from that point. If no one comes in for him then he would still be our manager!

Billy Davies was allegedly interested in buying the club not managing it.

Billy Stark-Has not got a great record at management level.

Jimmy Calderwood-Not a chance.

So now that he,s stepped down from running the Cockles Wilson supporters bus i nominate Gary Reid(santaponsasaint).

So now that he,s stepped down from running the Cockles Wilson supporters bus i nominate Gary Reid(santaponsasaint).

I thought Dibble's Old Paperboy was the forum's choice for new manager.... although he just predicted a 2-0 loss at Darkheid' on Saturday, so hardly an inspiring start to his bid to become boss.

Dibble, Dibble, Dibble, out! out! out!

As far as I am aware Billy lives within walking distance of our Training Centre at Ralston.

billyg?

Good call for manager. One of our own.

At least this time, he wouldn't be calling for his own head to roll from day 1 in the job.

Or would he....? :unsure:

Edited by bluto

Advertise the position, rule out the obviously shite applicants (Dibbles Old Paperboy and Jimmy Calderwood), then interview the ones that are likely candidates. Appoint the person who most closely fits the bill.

My reading of that would be a person of the 'Paul Hartley' generation who hasn't been around the block and is looking for a possibly final payday. Someone with balls who won't stand for any shite, would command respect, and as a younger manager, has something to prove.

There must be people out there who could make a fist of it.

Poxbaird. Thoroughly agree with you. Can you e-mail Messrs Gilmour Campbell McAuslsnd and Marshall please.I am now just sick of things this season. Couldn't even shout on Saturday due to my sore throat. To start with Thommo as a lone striker due to his fitness levels age weather conditions was totally inexcusable.

Poxbaird. Thoroughly agree with you. Can you e-mail Messrs Gilmour Campbell McAuslsnd and Marshall please.I am now just sick of things this season. Couldn't even shout on Saturday due to my sore throat. To start with Thommo as a lone striker due to his fitness levels age weather conditions was totally inexcusable.

Poxbaird.

Look, I know I post nonsense mostly, but there's no need for insults. phone.gifflowers.gif

There were 60 applicants for the Motherwell job.

Given our superb setup at the club I really don't think we would be short of applicants. The training facility and the still "new" stadium facilities would be very appealing to most managers.

I reckon in "normal" circumstances that Tommy would be gone by now. I can't help but feel the club is very close to being sold and that can be the only reason for a lack of action in that department.

Either way he will be gone before Christmas I reckon.

There were 60 applicants for the Motherwell job.

Given our superb setup at the club I really don't think we would be short of applicants. The training facility and the still "new" stadium facilities would be very appealing to most managers.

I reckon in "normal" circumstances that Tommy would be gone by now. I can't help but feel the club is very close to being sold and that can be the only reason for a lack of action in that department.

Either way he will be gone before Christmas I reckon.

That be a fantastic Christmas present!

billyg?

Good call for manager. One of our own.

At least this time, he wouldn't be calling for his own head to roll from day 1 in the job.

Or would he....? unsure.png

Actually , I've only done that with one manager , Craig !

Thinking about it , that's wrong as well , 'cos when I heard he may become manager , I was already calling for is head. How right I was ! bye1.gif

I was obviously hoping he would be sacked today at some point. My thinking now is that he will be given until next weekend as we will probably get beat regardless who's in charge. That means we can bring in a new manager that will give the team a well needed lift in time for the Motherwell game.

Probably wishful thinking right enough!!