Next St Mirren Manager

What about a lack of money?

I guess the BoD need to weigh up the following....

1. Do they believe we will stay up with Craig in charge.

2. If not, how much would it cost to get rid of him.

3. How much would relegation cost the club.

4. Would relegation affect their chances of selling the club.

Of course, we would all agree that punting Craig and replacing him with Jose Mourinho wouldn't guarantee us staying up, but it would certainly give us a better chance. I have said many times, no managerial change guarantees anything, but Sunderland sticking with Di Canio would have been wrong, and there are many other examples - Craig and St Mirren certainly come into this category now, IMHO.

I personally think the BoD must now be thinking Craig's stewardship will see us relegated. His managerial record is shocking, our results are shocking, our home record is shocking, our goals for column is shocking, our inability to keep ONE clean sheet is shocking, his signings haven't worked, his interviews are showing all the signs of a washed-up reign, he played a clearly unfit Thompson in a lone striker role, at home, third game in a week.

If you want to talk about finance - crowds are already dwindling and we're out both cups - Craig's stewardship is seeing the club lose money....

Can the BoD afford NOT to act?

Edited by pozbaird

Of course, we would all agree that punting Craig and replacing him with Jose Mourinho wouldn't guarantee us staying up, but it would certainly give us a better chance. I have said many times, no managerial change guarantees anything, but Sunderland sticking with Di Canio would have been wrong, and there are many other examples - Craig and St Mirren certainly come into this category now, IMHO.

I personally think the BoD must now be thinking Craig's stewardship will see us relegated. His managerial record is shocking, our results are shocking, our home record is shocking, our goals for column is shocking, our inability to keep ONE clean sheet is shocking, his signings haven't worked, his interviews are showing all the signs of a washed-up reign, he played a clearly unfit Thompson in a lone striker role, at home, third game in a week.

If you want to talk about finance - crowds are already dwindling and we're out both cups - Craig's stewardship is seeing the club lose money....

Good points there.

The worrying thing for me is that the fans are precipitating a financial crisis here which could also see us relegated.

I'm not having a go at people - they are free to make their own decisions.

Fans should be aware of all the consequences though before they start punting "passion" and "love for the club" around.

Yes it might seem that dropping attendances will force the board to act but if they have no money then that clearly can't work.

Dropping attendances therefore will certainly leave us even worse off financially.

We may be stuck with Tommy but do fans seriously want us to be stuck with the same players as well?

If people simply no longer care then that's absolutely their right but I hope this nails all this "season ticket holder for 20 years" pish because ultimately fans boycotting games need to know that they will be complicit if relegation happens as a result of running out of cash for new players.

This isn't a simple situation.

It might also be worth asking the following question:

If the board have no money to plug the shortfalls each game, are we risking administration in our attempts to get Tommy out and is it worth the risk?

Edited by oaksoft

Good points there.

The worrying thing for me is that the fans are precipitating a financial crisis here which could also see us relegated.

Fans should be aware of all the consequences though before they start punting "passion" and "love for the club" around.

Yes it might seem that dropping attendances will force the board to act but if they have no money then that clearly can't work.

Dropping attendances therefore will certainly leave us even worse off financially.

We may be stuck with Tommy but do fans seriously want us to be stuck with the same players as well?

If people simply no longer care then that's absolutely their right but I hope this nails all this "season ticket holder for 20 years" pish because ultimately fans boycotting games need to know that they will be complicit if relegation happens as a result of running out of cash for new players.

If it is the season ticket holders, like myself, that are staying away the funds are already in the pot. \\i for one decided not to go to the Saintees game, not only because I am protesting but also because I'm fed up watching the p!sh that's been coloured as football from my team. IF the board don't act to rid us of this dud then it is as if it is they that have decided to kill our club.

In the words of Samuel L Jackson, if we do lose our club that'll be some cold motherf**king comfort my friend.

Some cold motherf**king comfort.

i would imagine that relegation will cost a lot more than binning tommy. Getting rid of tommy, signing another dud and getting relegated would be pretty disastrous. Can Gilmour et al be trusted to make the right decision? Regardless, I'd fancy my chances of getting better results than that old duffer, so how much worst could it beunsure.png

i would imagine that relegation will cost a lot more than binning tommy. Getting rid of tommy, signing another dud and getting relegated would be pretty disastrous. Can Gilmour et al be trusted to make the right decision? Regardless, I'd fancy my chances of getting better results than that old duffer, so how much worst could it beunsure.png

Aye , I would vote for you as manager . .

I only know that you are a Saint Mirren fan and therefore you are likely to get better results than him. .

A bit of passion might be enough to clinch it . .wink.png

Good points there.

It might also be worth asking the following question:

If the board have no money to plug the shortfalls each game, are we risking administration in our attempts to get Tommy out and is it worth the risk?

Fans staying away in their 100s from a few home games probably won't cost the club as much as lost revenue from finishing 11th or 12th and lost prizemoney from finishing lower down the league than last year's 8th placed finish, or being out both cups before Christmas. Tommy Craig has the team playing so badly that even season ticket holders who have already paid in advance don't want to turn up and watch for free. I suggest that instead of blaming fans for the club "risking administration" that you look elsewhere at someone who has spent most of this year's squad budget on duds and crocks and is about half as successful as his predecessor at picking up points even though he came in aiming to improve our league position and performance.

Who would you trust to make the right decision.

I thought Dibble's Old Paperboy was the forum's choice for new manager.... although he just predicted a 2-0 loss at Darkheid' on Saturday, so hardly an inspiring start to his bid to become boss.

Dibble, Dibble, Dibble, out! out! out!

In fairness it was 2-0 with TC in charge and a second string Celtic team taking it easy. I've already outlined how I would prepare the team for Sunday's game against Celtic once myself and the BoD iron out the final contractual issues outstanding.

Put this on another thread.

Increasingly think the BOD have no intention of selling up.

Why should they? We can't cut back or reduce operating costs further as they don't invest money in anything anymore.

Everything will remain the same in Championship next year. Similar crowds, parachute payment, they still have the same comfy seats in boardroom.

What's the problem?

Why should they? We can't cut back or reduce operating costs further as they don't invest money in anything anymore.

Everything will remain the same in Championship next year. Similar crowds, parachute payment, they still have the same comfy seats in boardroom.

What's the problem?

I'm as fed up as the next guy, but I do not believe our BoD members want to see us relegated, nor do I think they are untroubled by the prospect of relegation. I'm critical of much at the club, but I cannot believe that having been there for the length of time they have, they would treat relegation with a shrug of the shoulders and not be that bothered.

What's the problem?

As I said on other thread, no money

Actually , I've only done that with one manager , Craig !

Thinking about it , that's wrong as well , 'cos when I heard he may become manager , I was already calling for is head. How right I was ! :byebye

I would never have disagreed with you.... On that day, on that one. :P

What's the problem?

Everything won't remain the same in the championship for long. The way we're going we'll go out that league too!

The state we are getting ourselves into right now has far bigger consequences than just relegation! The club is falling apart

I'm as fed up as the next guy, but I do not believe our BoD members want to see us relegated, nor do I think they are untroubled by the prospect of relegation. I'm critical of much at the club, but I cannot believe that having been there for the length of time they have, they would treat relegation with a shrug of the shoulders and not be that bothered.

Don't normally re-quote myself, but found myself thinking back to the time post-Rangers implosion, and our Chairman's comments about SPL2 and making things financially easier in Scotland's second tier.

Maybe, after five years of trying to punt the club with (as yet) no success, and certainly a real sense of tools being downed, relegation wouldn't unduly worry a BoD wanting out anyway.