Next St Mirren Manager

I did say if we were in the bottom 2 at Christmas he would be sacked. The weekends results virtually confirmed we would be - barring us winning at Parkhead - so not surprised.

I would like to see Teale and Longwell succeed in their interim posts and get the job full time. They both worked together successfully with our 20's, I think they could do it with the first team.

makes sense two very inexperienced mangers to save us you think with good logic Edited by buddies1877

Why do we need an experienced manager to save us?

The most experienced manager in the bottom 6 last year was Butcher. Yeah, exactly.

yeah exactly makes sense to give someone with zero manger experience than it does with someone who's been there done it..

You've pointed out butcher we could go all day pointing out previous mangers.

U are a muppet if it was your way we'd of went on till January with Craig in charge he should of been removed a month or two ago as has been proven now.

Edited by buddies1877

yeah exactly makes sense to give someone with zero manger experience than it does with someone who's been there done it..

You've pointed out butcher we could go all day pointing out previous mangers.

U are a muppet if it was your way we'd of went on till January with Craig in charge he should of been removed a month or two ago as has been proven now.

Plenty of managers have succeeded without prior managerial experience. Gus McPherson, Pep Guardiola, Garry Monk, Alex Neil. I could go on. Why do we need an experienced manager?

I said Craig should be sacked if we were in the bottom two on Christmas, what you going on about January?

Stay classy with the name calling though!

Gary Teale will be the manager until he either makes such a success of it he is lured elsewhere or he fails so badly that he is dumped. No-one else will get near until such times as one of these scenrios unfolds

he has my full backing and i have a sneaking feeling he might just have what it takes. Only problem is, if he does-why dis it not show when he was coach?

Anyway i wont ask any dificult questions for as long as he remains unbeaten as saints manager

Plenty of managers have succeeded without prior managerial experience. Gus McPherson, Pep Guardiola, Garry Monk, Alex Neil. I could go on. Why do we need an experienced manager?

I said Craig should be sacked if we were in the bottom two on Christmas, what you going on about January?

Stay classy with the name calling though!

As I said I could go on all night naming managers who failed. Tommy as example who has never succeeded it's pointless you naming managers who have succeeded.

Sorry Christmas is about 5 days off from January huge difference was way off dunno why I'm mentioning January.

Any muppet could of told you a month ago we'd of been in the bottom by Christmas.

It's still not Christmas yet btw

Kenny Sheils for me, very focussed on bringing youths through which is the way we have to go, rather than taking numerous loanees from England.

With all due respect to both of our most recent managers, I think if I had to listen to Kenny Shiels interviews after listening to Tommy Craig and Danny Lennon's.... I might just give up on fitba' and take up bowls.

Whoever is taken on as manager of St Mirren (or any other club) is always a chance appointment.

Unless with the benefit of hindsight, who would have thought that Alex Ferguson, in his East Stirlingshire days, would have become the most successful manager ever (albeit he was sacked by St Mirren). Ricky Macfarlane, Jim Clunie, Tom Hendrie and Gus McPherson also had relative success at Paisley - as did Danny Lennon!

As fans we have our opinions but not the responsibility for our choice.

We can only hope that SG and the Board have better luck with their next appointment, but they cannot be blamed too much for TC's appointment as he is generally recognized as one of the best Scottish coaches over the past decade or so. Personally I regret that Tommy was not able to successfully make the step-up to manager. I do not know him personally, but he came across to me as a decent man who deserves our thanks for all that he contributed as a coach in his time at St Mirren. I seem to remember that it was only when he teamed up with DL that St Mirren's results and performances picked up.