Next St Mirren Manager

Ian Murray or Barry Smith.

• Both would consider the job a step up;
  • They each have good records at their current club;
  • They have both joined clubs mid season and been able to make positive impacts;
  • It'll be tough for Saints to stay up this season, and both these candidates have experience in SPFL 1 level;
  • I'm pretty sure either of them will mean a compensation to Alloa or Dumbarton - my guess is they'll have clauses allowing them to go to a full time club and we could get over that issue.

I suspect cash will be tight and any compo for a manager currently in work will eat into the money available to strengthen the squad in January. If we're going to give Teale more than a couple of games that will take him into that January transfer window so my feeling is that he'll be in charge until this season's issues are settled one way or another.

One potential plus with Teale is that he has a profile down south having played in the EPL so if he does well will be likely to be poached, although many might not regard this as a plus.

Anyway my advice is keep yer eyes closed and yer buttox clenched!

longwell should be the next one out the door

Why? He is a coach, with a UEFA Pro Licence, that is doing well with the development side. Don't see why he should be out the door based on these reasons. Sounds fairly qualified to be a coach with the senior team.

Why? He is a coach, with a UEFA Pro Licence, that is doing well with the development side. Don't see why he should be out the door based on these reasons. Sounds fairly qualified to be a coach with the senior team.

he's never played senior football and his record of generatin transfer fees is awful

longwell out

Edited by a50lennyc

I am delighted that the St Mirren BoD have taken action against their disastrous appointment of TC. It was clear after a few games it was only going to end one way. I would usually say, all the best Tommy, but after his treatment of the fans after the Hamilton game, nearly ending our best strikers career to try and save his own back, I’ve not got any respect for the man.

I am also delighted JG is no longer on the coaching team. I hope he can find another club in January, as he is a liability.

I will be content if we bring in a manager with a good record, and I will be equally content if we bring in someone looking for their first shot in management, providing they have the correct credentials. As long as it is not someone who has shown before they are not capable.

Whatever we do now, it won’t guarantee success, but with TC’s removal. I’m confident we now have a fighting chance. My last game was Partick Thistle at home. I’m now trying to convince the Mrs to drive us to Parkhead on Sunday – a place I haven’t attended in many years.

Just seen Teale’s interview on STV (don’t expect interview to get any better lol!). Thompson also said on STV it was the right decision.

he's never played senior football and his record of generatin transfer fees is awful

longwell out

Its not up to him to get transfer fees for players, that would be up to the first team manager and the board. His job is to bring through young players into the first team and we currently have McGinn, McLean, McAusland, Naismith, Kelly and Reilly playing regularly as well as Mallan, Baird and a couple others on the fringes. Plus they are 6th out of 17 in the development league and just beat Hearts 7-0.

Alloa chairman says no contact regarding Barry Smith, as expected. Apparently they'd want 25k for him.

I hope Teale gets the next 4 games (Celtic, Well, Dundee and Killie) and if he can get 5 or more points there I hope he gets the gig full time.[/quote

I doubt it will be Teale going by SG's interview unless he gets exceptional results in the next few games. Basically said that contacts and an ability to wheel and deal will be uppermost. Teale played at a good level but it remains to be seen if he could bring players to the club. I do not see the board taking that risk this time round.

<p>

Ian Murray or Barry Smith.

• Both would consider the job a step up;
  • They each have good records at their current club;
  • They have both joined clubs mid season and been able to make positive impacts;
  • It'll be tough for Saints to stay up this season, and both these candidates have experience in SPFL 1 level;
  • I'm pretty sure either of them will mean a compensation to Alloa or Dumbarton - my guess is they'll have clauses allowing them to go to a full time club and we could get over that issue.

I'd rather give Teale a crack at it than any of these 2.

Prefer more experience than this type given our current position. Someone like this should be a start of season appointment IMO.

Now that Tommy has gone I'd like to point out that there are more things right with St Mirren than wrong.

!. We pay within our means

2. We have nice wee stadium and facilities

3. We have an excellent youth set up with players starting to appear in the first team

4. We try to play football the right way

The point is that to use the trendy word, we now have an "Identity."

Giving the managerial post to Teal and Longwell (or Tommo) should reinforce these positives. If it does not work out it will not be too difficult to move them back to their existing posts or move them on,

Bringing in a manager from outside could stir things up but that can have negative effects as well as positive ones (See Butcher at Hib, Le Guin at Scumgers, etc).

At this point for St Mirren results are the most important thing, but no manager is going to guarantee results and Neither Motherwell or RC have turned things around just by changing managers. Getting players back to fitness and building confidence would be the two main things that could start to generate points and I think that there were signs of that on Saturday before TC was sacked.

If we do bring someone in from outside then they should be some one who will build on the good things that are already at the club AND be likely to improve results. So for me that counts out Locke, Butcher, Calderwood, Stark, Adams,

Not sure who fits the criteria.