Next St Mirren Manager

Thompson has thrown his name into the hat. Told BBC Scotland, if he was offered it, would be very hard not to take it.

Although most fans would love to see Thommo involved as manager at some stage, I don't think the timing is right at the moment. Was he approached after DL left? If not why not?

Things are starting to get a bit complicated now at Greenhill Road with JG apparently being displaced as coach and this will not make things easy for GT and to bring Thommo into the frame would further complicate relationships when the player resources are already stretched.

over 10 years in charge and not a penny in transfer fees

we've been crying out for a centre half and a striker and 10 years later none are found

longwell needs to go

It's not his job to generate transfer fees, he is after all a youth coach. They are only of value once they gain senior experience.

If Longwell was to go, it would be someone else's gain.

indeed, he set us up well and we entertained in every game

Ricky's a nice guy , I've spoken to him a few times , but he was dining out on the Fergie/Clunie legacy during his spell in charge and he swapped Lexy for Sinclair , he's hardly a glowing example of a non-player becoming a good manager !

Billyg. I know you are excited at today's events. However it was Miller who traded Richardson for Sinclair.

Don't argue with the guy who knows everything bye1.gif , Sinclair came on as sub in Millers first match , a 5-0 defeat at Aberdeen , and he never kicked another ball for the club. McFarlane signed Sinclair , making his debut in a home defeat by Hearts !

Billyg. I know you are excited at today's events. However it was Miller who traded Richardson for Sinclair.

No it was McFarlane but Lexy wanted away and Sinclair was decent at Dundee

Miller got rid within 1 week as Sinclair didn't want to be at Love St

McFarlane bought Clarke and Wilson through and gave MacAvennie his chance

Steven Thompson would be the person to get a bit of fight about the team , Jimmy Nicholl would be an excellent mentor , and Teale can give David Longwell a hand running the development team , all four can play a significant part in taking St Mirren forward .

We need to be a bit more competitive , a bit more attack minded , and a bit more confident about our ability , we need positive people about and I think sTEVEN Thompson and Jimmy Nicholl would give the team a lift and will get the team playing for them.

I think it's fair to assume that Teale and Longwell will be given 2-3 games to see what happens. Although we are in a right old mess there really isn't a need to panic just yet. If getting the right man means waiting a couple of weeks it will be worth it in the long run. Most important that we have the position filled by the end of the year so the new man gets the whole of January to try and work some shuffling of the squad.

If Teale and Longwell get a couple of results then who knows but for me personally I think we need to get away from this cycle of promoting from within, as I reckon it's holding us back. A new manager with good contacts and an abilty to wheel and deal is a must as is an ability to bring on and nurture young players coming through from the Academy.

A completely new and fresh approach is what we need. The squad isn't actually that bad, it's just unbalanced in my opinion. We need a dominant centre half, same as we have done for about 5 seasons and we could do with a good striker. The latter is going to be the harder of the voids to fill as good strikers aren't gnerally available on a free transfer in January !