Next St Mirren Manager

I think it's fair to assume that Teale and Longwell will be given 2-3 year contracts to see what happens. Although we are in a right old mess there really isn't a need to panic just yet. If getting the right man means waiting a couple of weeks it will be worth it in the long run.

If Teale and Longwell get a couple of results then who knows but for me personally I think we need to get away from this cycle of promoting from within, as I reckon it's holding us back. A new manager with good contacts and an abilty to wheel and deal is a must as is an ability to bring on and nurture young players coming through from the Academy.

A completely new and fresh approach is what we need. The squad isn't actually that bad, it's just unbalanced in my opinion. We need a dominant centre half, same as we have done for about 5 seasons and we could do with a good striker. The latter is going to be the harder of the voids to fill as good strikers aren't gnerally available on a free transfer in January !

Yep , i think you could be right .whistling.gif

Hopefully we go down the experienced route this time, Barry Smith has been mentioned and despite that SPL record with Dundee (he was preparing for Division 1 it has to be said), he did once go on a 20+ unbeaten run with a threadbare Dundee team which is good management, another name to add to the growing list could be Shaun Reid, the current manager of Warrington Town, his commitment on their recently televised FA Cup match v Exeter was great and so passionate, his brother is Peter Reid, so would have good contacts, and wouldn't cost much to bring him up to Paisley.

I still nod my hat to Nigel Worthington though, very experienced manager and currently without a club.

Its not up to him to get transfer fees for players, that would be up to the first team manager and the board. His job is to bring through young players into the first team and we currently have McGinn, McLean, McAusland, Naismith, Kelly and Reilly playing regularly as well as Mallan, Baird and a couple others on the fringes. Plus they are 6th out of 17 in the development league and just beat Hearts 7-0.

its up to him to find players who can command transfer fees

that list of players you've just given us are sitting in the relegation spot of a league without rangers, hearts or hibs.

scorelines in meaningless u20 games against sides of unknown strength are irrelevant

what matters is finding individual star players

the lack of transfer fees, our current league position show that longwell's decade plus in charge has been a failure

god help us if we are letting him anywhere near the first team

I think Teale & Longwell's chances of relative logevity will evaporate in the east end of Glasgow this Sunday.

They are on a hiding to nothing, lets hope it stays in single figures.

Dont think the result against Celtic should go against them even if its a hiding, they only have a few days between taking over and going to parkhead all they can really do is get the guys up for it and pick the team.

that list of players you've just given us are sitting in the relegation spot of a league without rangers, hearts or hibs.

scorelines in meaningless u20 games against sides of unknown strength are irrelevant

the lack of transfer fees, our current league position show that longwell's decade plus in charge has been a failure

Are you expecting us to unearth a Gareth Bale? Mcginn and Mclean will both command transfer fees unless they go at the end of their contracts.

1eye.gif