Next St Mirren Manager

I would go for Murray, done a great job at Dumbarton, won't be mates with any of the current players so can start afresh.

I'm surprised Derek Adams hasn't been getting more of a mention in press etc, I can't stand the little scrotum, but has more recent SPL experience than Calderwood.

That's it in a nutshell, has to be somebody outside the club that isn't mates with any players, start a fresh.

No idea, but I just can't see him turn them down in preference of us. I do think he would be a good choice but I honestly think that it's a none starter

It was a genuine question.

I've no idea, either, though it is interesting to note that Well seem a bit pissed off at him which suggests he had considered the job/put himself forward in the first instance at least. Motherwell aren't in great shape financially, and are in the race round the u-bend with ourselves and County, so I'm not so sure why we should assume his knocking them back would indicate he wouldn't consider the Saints post.

Who knows, but I'm just glad that we are now in a position to debate who should be our new gaffer.

It was a genuine question.

I've no idea, either, though it is interesting to note that Well seem a bit pissed off at him which suggests he had considered the job/put himself forward in the first instance at least. Motherwell aren't in great shape financially, and are in the race round the u-bend with ourselves and County, so I'm not so sure why we should assume his knocking them back would indicate he wouldn't consider the Saints post.

Who knows, but I'm just glad that we are now in a position to debate who should be our new gaffer.

Well here's hoping however our history of beating off competition from clubs round about us isn't good. We're also skint so bringing him and Malpas in sounds out of our budget.

From what Gilmour said on the radio the other night, we're looking for someone who can 'wheel and deal', with good contacts. I think that rules guys like Smith out. Certainly applies to Butcher though.

I actually have no clue who I'd want. Not really excited about many of the names, and the ones who I do like probably wouldn't take it. I expect a left-field appointment, someone who hasn't been mentioned.

Just heard a saints fan on radio clyde saying he would like to see John Brown given the job, what a

complete bellend lol.gif..... (both of them)

Jeezuz! That would be a disaster. Maybe only eclipsed by Davie Irons as his assistant.

I'd take butcher (1st), Murray (2nd) but haven't ruled out teale getting us going again.

I love billy stark, mans a legend, but not convinced his managerial record is what we need.