Next St Mirren Manager

Has anyone actually confirmed Dumbarton only want £10k? It seems a ridiculously low amount for a promising young up and coming manager.

It might not simply be a case of what Dumbarton want. It is likely it was negotiated into his current contract that they couldn't effectively handcuff him to the club in the event that another, potentially bigger club comes calling.

It might not simply be a case of what Dumbarton want. It is likely it was negotiated into his current contract that they couldn't effectively handcuff him to the club in the event that another, potentially bigger club comes calling.

Not like the board can tell him he's not bringing Jack Ross with him.

I know some people associated with the Sons, they believe part-time suits Ian Murray as his wife is a head teacher and he looks after their young family. I think it unlikely he is going to uproot his family life for a club like Saints but you never know. What about Grant Murray at Raith??

It's hardly uprooting his family, it's paisley not the highlands.

I know some people associated with the Sons, they believe part-time suits Ian Murray as his wife is a head teacher and he looks after their young family. I think it unlikely he is going to uproot his family life for a club like Saints but you never know. What about Grant Murray at Raith??

Murray would jump at the chance to manage St Mirren regardless of what his wife does for a living. I would like Saints to approach Gary Locke after the way he progressed the young Hearts team from last year into the championship winning side they will be this season. Good luck to Teale and Longwell in the time being as its in their hands to convince the chairman and fans.

A part time gig at Dumbarton earning what about 10k max or a full time gig at what is the Scottish big time earning about 60k. I think he'd find a nursery for those hours.

Longwell and Teale will not bring the crowds back its a cheap nasty option and hopefully Sundays result will end this,,,We tried young manager from lower level its time to open the wallet Mr Chairman new Manager and squad needed if we want to stay in this league.

1eye.gif They would be as well handing their notice in now, FFS Even our worst manager got more than one shot at it.

1eye.gif They would be as well handing their notice in now, FFS Even our worst manager got more than one shot at it.

Aye.

And that one chance against the league leaders and champions who have had the luxury of resting players and giving others neccessary game time midweek while still in celebratory mode at progressing in a major competition.

Yep. If Teale and Longwell don't gub this lot, on their plot, hangemhigh, say I!

Edited by stlucifer

The Morton ginger?? And some thought Hartley would be unpopular. Don't be absurd.

Nobody has mentioned Jimmy Calderwood for a few pages.

I hear they have a special offer on bronzing lotion at Asda Linwood.

Calderwood for Saints!

Is this the wee guy that used to be not so affectionately known as 'the ginger prick'?

We can't have him as manager of our glorious club FFS!!!!!!

Stevie Aitken would fit the bill.

Not sure. There's a big gap between also rans in the third tier and the top league. Again. IF we weren't in such a precarious position he might have been worth a punt of a years contract but I think, (stealing from a popular sci fi show), we need some one else. We need some thing else.