Next St Mirren Manager

Things get worse and worser.

First Poz comes back.

Next Drew comes back.

And to top it off faraway comes back.

Seriously chaps, welcome back.

Once I sober up I'll regret all all this sentimental crap.

The first two are like the gay Waltons. (Should we go back................I will if you will..............You go first hunny...................oh, see you............Ok, let's both go back................hee hee rip.gifrip.gifrip.gif )

I'm only making a flying visit, leaving the forum is like getting off anti depressants.

I do miss you though. cloud9.gif

The first two are like the gay Waltons. (Should we go back................I will if you will..............You go first hunny...................oh, see you............Ok, let's both go back................hee hee rip.gifrip.gifrip.gif )

I'm only making a flying visit, leaving the forum is like getting off anti depressants.

You'll never get of anti- depressants.

Edited by insaintee

Ye nutter lol.gif

absolutely this, we need to stop the nonsense that has seen us end up where we are, there will be more splits in our dressing room than they have at frankie and bennys, the current set up has a clique at it's base and it needs cleared out, mr gilmour will have noticed it and thats possibly why he said we need an experienced wheeler dealer, i do not expect gary teale and david longwell to be given the job

He said we need a wheeler dealer because he's not going to spend any money and wants to continue the cut backs that's seen is get into this mess in the first place!

Teale says on TV he's in a good position to get some results and push for getting the gig permanently. Thompson says if offered the manager's job he'd find it hard to refuse. Goodwin isn't saying anything on TV, he's just been relieved of his assistant manager/coaching role.

Our three most senior figures, embroiled in the managerial clusterfcuk, and none of them contributing much on-field either, due to injury or flying elbows.

The more I think about it, the more I think we need an outsider coming in, one who wouldn't stand for any shite, or have any favourites, or be part of any dressing room cliques. If Teale got the hump, so be it. If Thompson got the hump, so be it. Far too incestuous for my liking.

Maybe the likes of a Terry Butcher type would kick some arses.

In fairness all three appear to be very good representatives for the club. Thommo is faultlessly good from a media perspective.

GT has been talked up from a coaching perspective by all involved since TC's appointment.

Goody, on field antics aside, is an extremely articulate guy who as I've said comes across as a influential leader.

I don't know what the answer is with regards keeping all three happy.

Goody seems to have been warned about further misconduct and appears to have been sidelined with the managerial changes this far. Does this mean purely concentrating on the playing side or mixed feelings about the guy who shared your position becoming your boss? Same goes for captaincy with Thommo...

GT, if he is such a good coach, how do we keep him happy and at the club if not in a managerial capacity? Do we accept the loss of him as a coach given playing days are numbered given the potential expense of keeping him?

Thommo's comments signalling his intent to give football management a go were at stark odds with GT's comments. I appreciate this may have simply been down to the wording of the question, but did paint a potentially worrying picture. Interestingly his comments about McCoist and the players taking more responsibility was quite apt. Now fitness and suspension problems are starting to improve it's time for the players to step it up a gear.

As suggested the alternative is someone from the outside, keep the three afore mentioned as players, but with GT's playing days apparently numbered potentially lose him as a coach?

I haven't a clue what the dynamics are within the dressing room, but all 3 of the above guys in their own way have and could still be great representatives for our club.

A dressing room split is a real possibility if GT gets the permanent appointment.

It would only be natural if Thommo (and Goodwin) harbored a bit of resentment and (being 2 of our key players for the rest of the season) it would be less than surprising if that affected their performances on the pitch.

We can't afford to have any player not playing to his full potential in view of the desperate situation we are in at present.

SG and the BoD will have to give this issue very careful consideration.

Have to agree that it appears that this could be the case from the outside. Certainly from SG's comments about wheeling and dealing an outside candidate seems more likely. However another factor surely has to be the new managers wages? Have DL's wages been saved by effectively reducing the coaching staff by one this season or are we at a loss because of the pay off TC will be due? Edited by Bart Simpson

From what Gilmour said on the radio the other night, we're looking for someone who can 'wheel and deal', with good contacts.

The 'wheeling and dealing' aspect of SG's statement makes me think a new manager will be in place before the transfer window and might be expected to cash in on McGinn and, to a lesser extent, McLean and use that money to replace a half dozen others - those 'others' being free agents and/or loan deals, (though the "good contacts" mentioned), so only costing the wages.

Could I live with that? If it keeps us up then the answer is yes. I'd only hope that neither of them would end up at Sevco.

Find it hard to believe that with SG on holiday that they would be anywhere near making an appointment yet, especially before GT and DL have had any matches in charge. It sounded like they would maybe wait for a week and see what applications came in and then shortlist a few and begin speaking with with people then.

What if GT DL go on a good run getting more out of the team than TC did ? I would think they stand a very good chance if they did. My top choice would still be Thompson.

The 'wheeling and dealing' aspect of SG's statement makes me think a new manager will be in place before the transfer window and might be expected to cash in on McGinn and, to a lesser extent, McLean and use that money to replace a half dozen others - those 'others' being free agents and/or loan deals, (though the "good contacts" mentioned), so only costing the wages.

Could I live with that? If it keeps us up then the answer is yes. I'd only hope that neither of them would end up at Sevco.

I don't the stands are exactly packed with scouts looking at McGinn and McLean any more. Hopefully we can get them back in their proper positions, Tommy Craig has cost us a pretty penny by asking McLean to do something he clearly can't this season.

I don't the stands are exactly packed with scouts looking at McGinn and McLean any more. Hopefully we can get them back in their proper positions, Tommy Craig has cost us a pretty penny by asking McLean to do something he clearly can't this season.

If any club was willing to pay money for McLean, they'd have done it by now. He was available for compensation in the summer and no one took a punt.

Hence Kenny signed a 2 year deal. He will see that out and by the end of next season he will be 24, and then he can and will leave for nothing.