Next St Mirren Manager

The 'wheeling and dealing' aspect of SG's statement makes me think a new manager will be in place before the transfer window and might be expected to cash in on McGinn and, to a lesser extent, McLean and use that money to replace a half dozen others - those 'others' being free agents and/or loan deals, (though the "good contacts" mentioned), so only costing the wages.

Could I live with that? If it keeps us up then the answer is yes. I'd only hope that neither of them would end up at Sevco.

nobody is paying anything for those two, at least not enough to fund other deals

Edited by beyond our ken

I dont think Thommohawk will be considered for the position as i was sure he would maybe have some coaching involvement when TC left.

It would be best to get an outsider, as there are 3 current senior players who may all face a crack at the job permanently.Its not to say that any future manager would have any of the 3 on their coaching staff when appointed.

I dont think Thommohawk will be considered for the position as i was sure he would maybe have some coaching involvement when TC left.

It would be best to get an outsider, as there are 3 current senior players who may all face a crack at the job permanently.Its not to say that any future manager would have any of the 3 on their coaching staff when appointed.

Did you read Thommo"s article in today's daily record about Craig, quite interesting

What if GT DL go on a good run getting more out of the team than TC did ? I would think they stand a very good chance if they did. My top choice would still be Thompson.

I'd love folks calling for Thompson to be made manager to explain the rationale behind that choice.

He has almost no experience of coaching or being an assistant or being a manager. How do we know he would be any good at improving our activity in the transfer market? The main thing we need from Thompson as we move into the second half of the season is goals since it is looking unlikely that Marwood, Ball or Ross Caldwell will contribute much in that department. I'd rather we got Thommo fit and on form and in among the goals again - we probably need him to notch up about 10 goals this season to help us avoid the drop. Given the amount of assists Teale has laid on for Thommo I'd also quite like to see Teale swinging in the crosses and corners rather than say Gregg Wylde. (It's not a great place to be in when people are saying everything will be fine once we get Wylde back)

Let's face it the current squad will be relegated by march I have absolutely no doubt. Our only hope is to find a wheeler dealer who can somehow find players that will help us. To do this lets try and lose caldwell, marwood , ball , cheesy and free up a wage. It's unlikely I know but these guys are not anywhere near good enough

Look at the past couple of seasons and you will see defeat after defeat. The squad needs gutted as it does not have a winning mentality and as long as these players continue we will be relegated. I hope Gary does well tomorrow but we are now at the point of no return it's that bad. We could be as good as down in the next six weeks

That Craig seemed to lose enthusiasm in training over the past few weeks and that the sacking was inevitable.

So the team were being 'led' by an imposter for weeks? I hope the BoD didn't have to part with too much cash when bagging him, as he failed to deliver his brief in every area. He has left us with a mountain to climb, and should be handing back his wages never mind taking a pay-off.

Edited by Drew

I'd love folks calling for Thompson to be made manager to explain the rationale behind that choice.

He has almost no experience of coaching or being an assistant or being a manager. How do we know he would be any good at improving our activity in the transfer market? The main thing we need from Thompson as we move into the second half of the season is goals since it is looking unlikely that Marwood, Ball or Ross Caldwell will contribute much in that department. I'd rather we got Thommo fit and on form and in among the goals again - we probably need him to notch up about 10 goals this season to help us avoid the drop. Given the amount of assists Teale has laid on for Thommo I'd also quite like to see Teale swinging in the crosses and corners rather than say Gregg Wylde. (It's not a great place to be in when people are saying everything will be fine once we get Wylde back)

So who is to say he would be a bad manager or a good manager nobody will know until he is.

Qualities I see - A leader - A motavator - A wealth Of Experience at top level - Has a good standard of education and knows how to speak to people hence why he is on TV so much. There is a lot of qualities there , make no mistake he will be a success in management .

There you are that's my reasons

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

So the team were being 'led' by an imposter for weeks? I hope the BoD didn't have to part with too much cash when bagging him, as he failed to deliver his brief in every area. He has left us with a mountain to climb, and should be handing back his wages never mind taking a pay-off.

Sounds like a man going through the motions looking for a payoff. Absolutely disgraceful.

So who is to say he would be a bad manager or a good manager nobody will know until he is.

Qualities I see - A leader - A motavator - A wealth Of Experience at top level - Has a good standard of education and knows how to speak to people hence why he is on TV so much. There is a lot of qualities there , make no mistake he will be a success in management .

There you are that's my reasons

Agreed.

It's not changed for a few days. Don't think anyone has a clue. My mate is adamant that it's been offered to Butcher, but he said the same about Ian Murray back in May. laugh.png

I think Murray was offered it to be honest, something to do with the board didn't want him taking Jack Ross with him though, different story now though since Ross is at hearts.

Wait a minute, the BOD themselves said they never even spoke to anyone else before giving it to TC....

Suddenly there was actually others not only being spoke to, but actually

being offered the job??

I smell shite.

Edited by TopCat