Next St Mirren Manager

Managers who have expressed an interest: Billy Stark, Jamie Fullarton, Barry Smith, Gary Teale and Stevie Thompson Only Billy Stark out of that list would be an ideal candidate.

If that's the best we could do, I would rather take an unproven manager than a proven failure. However I'm sure better than those have applied.

Three options

1. An up & comer - shoulda went for Murray in May, bit the Jack Ross bullet if necessary - not the right time for someone in this category but if we go that way let's accept straightaway that they're not responsible for the position we're in and us getting relegated if that's what happens.
  2. An old lag - someone with a track record of having pulled off a few miracles - will have a chequered record but if he didn't he wouldn't be available - best of the bunch for me is Calderwood and let's be clear Billy Stark does not come into this category.
  3. Promote from within - wrong time.

Three options

1. An up & comer - shoulda went for Murray in May, bit the Jack Ross bullet if necessary - not the right time for someone in this category but if we go that way let's accept straightaway that they're not responsible for the position we're in and us getting relegated if that's what happens.
  2. An old lag - someone with a track record of having pulled off a few miracles - will have a chequered record but if he didn't he wouldn't be available - best of the bunch for me is Calderwood and let's be clear Billy Stark does not come into this category.
  3. Promote from within - wrong time.

Calderwood I hope f**king not. Go and ask Aberdeen fans how exciting their football was under him.

Calderwood I hope f**king not. Go and ask Aberdeen fans how exciting their football was under him.

I've never cared about style - to quote our chairman "it's a results business".

No matter what other folk might say I believe the majority of fans feel that way - there's not many feelings in life that beat walking out the ground with 3 jammy points in your pocket and seeing the smiles all around!

If Calderwood were to get the gig (certainly not a preference for me), it should only be to the end of the season in a bid to keep us up. I would prefer a younger, ambitious manager at the helm if we take the drop and are looking for a fresh start in a bid to gain promotion.

I've never cared about style - to quote our chairman "it's a results business".

No matter what other folk might say I believe the majority of fans feel that way - there's not many feelings in life that beat walking out the ground with 3 jammy points in your pocket and seeing the smiles all around!

Don't forget this is a guy who has had decent budgets in the past I just pray it's not Calderwood

Calderwood kept both Kilmarnock and Ross County up when they were heading for the drop. And this is without the supposed "massive budget" he had at Aberdeen and Dunfermline.

I don't see any better candidate for trying to keep us in the league.

Calderwood kept both Kilmarnock and Ross County up when they were heading for the drop. And this is without the supposed "massive budget" he had at Aberdeen and Dunfermline.

I don't see any better candidate for trying to keep us in the league.

His Ross County great escape was particularly impressive.

Took over mid Feb after the transfer window closed, they had only won 3 games all season. Escaped the drop with a 40% win ratio for the rest of the season.

Calderwood went to Holland but must have fallen out with the directors as he left around a couple of months.

Whenever I have heard him speak he has always been keen to get back in to Scottish football, I remember him claiming people in Holland were amazed he could not get a club in Scotland.

Maybe his image works against him, Scottish football is odd like that, results dont seem to come first. Tom Hendrie is another guy I'm amazed never got another chance with a decent sized club.

No offence to Teale or Thommo but it has to be a fresh face for me - someone who isn't friends with the players and picks players on merit to suit the gameplan. An experienced manager until the end of the season with T or T as an assistant. If we do well he gets the gig. If we go down then consider the assistant.

My problem with Calderwood is that he allegedly bullied a young player suffering from depression. Times have changed and I do not want a bully as a manager.

Calderwood went to Holland but must have fallen out with the directors as he left around a couple of months.

He was on Radio Scotland moaning about how the club had sold their best striker in the window, the chairman obviously got wind of his complaining and sacked him.

We could do worse than Calderwood. As people have said, he has a history of getting teams safe. That's all we need right now.

In our current state, we need an experienced man who can keep us up. Calderwood fits the bill, even if it's to the end of the season and it doesn't work out. If we do go down then we look at the situation and say thanks for your efforts Jimmy and move on.

Would any new manager be allowed to bring in a centre half or two... if not, it doesn't matter who

gets the job we'll be going down..

we wont bring in any new centre half, the current one will remain until the consortiums shares are sold - why else would he still be there, he is the worst centre half in the league and was rejected by queen of the south as being no good for the second division, clear out needed

Like I said earlier he was a big spender at a time when most clubs were acting like Shirley Bassey wannabees, he did good work with Killie and Ross County without breaking the bank..............

maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him as his record speaks for its self. Thommo is my first choice.