Next St Mirren Manager

We could do worse than Calderwood. As people have said, he has a history of getting teams safe. That's all we need right now.

I know someone who has a history of getting teams safe on one of the smallest budgets

in the league..... We showed him the door...

The Chairman reckoned we would be pushing for the top 6 this year,laugh.png

I'll say it first, oops I mean second, BRING BACK DANNY...whistling.gif

Edited, Never read the post above...

Edited by scrappy coco

if they are men and proper competitors then they take it on the chin as valid comment from an experienced and respected senior pro and kick on to prove him wrong

or they are smoked out as not (yet) good enough

A fair point, hopefully Thommo has the measure of them in the sense that they will respond appropriately...all will have 1 year contracts so high risk strategy otherwise.

Calderwood kept both Kilmarnock and Ross County up when they were heading for the drop. And this is without the supposed "massive budget" he had at Aberdeen and Dunfermline.

I don't see any better candidate for trying to keep us in the league.

When your team is shit,, and in the relegation bit,, who you gonna call,, Jimmy Caldy.lol.gif

FFS, if he's that good why has he only managed for 2 months out of the last 3 and a half years...

Can't remember his name being touted much when Danny was punted in the summer, now he's

being seen as some sort of saviour.... He wouldn't be my choice..

Edited by scrappy coco

I definitely want the BoD to appoint an outsider - having surveyed the applicants and conducted interviews. Guys like Teale and Thompson are legends in my eyes for being genuine quality and for the League Cup win. They represent the club well when they talk on TV too. However, something troubles me about the dynamic within our dressing room, I have zero inside information to substantiate my view, but there's something off putting about Teale and Thompson both touting themselves for the job on TV this week, at the same time as a cup winning captain is relieved of any coaching duties. Way too messy.

It is indeed messy.Tommy should have left after the total fiasco at Hamilton thus giving us time during the International break to get a new guy.But no we had the AGM when the BOD declared their full support for TC despite the question/answer session being an absolute shambles.A new experienced manager has to be appointed quickly to give us any chance and a complete revamp is required.

I agree that an outsider is a must. The BoD would - IMO - be idiots to do anything otherwise with the managerial appointment. I've not been on the forum much recently but have to say that of the names touted, Ian Murray seems like the best of a bad bunch for me (assuming we can't get McCall or Butcher). We can't afford Billy Davies, no thanks to Calderwood and Shiels, and I'm not overly impressed by Barry Smith's record. Not much choice though!

The harsh reality is that we only have 4 players who I think are good enough to be at the club if we have any ambitions to progress as a club (Thommo, McLean, McGinn and Naismith). The rest are - in all honesty - not good enough and I wouldn't be concerned if any of them left.

Whoever the new boss is they need to go to B&Q, buy an axe, and use it ruthlessly.

His Ross County great escape was particularly impressive.

Took over mid Feb after the transfer window closed, they had only won 3 games all season. Escaped the drop with a 40% win ratio for the rest of the season.

Yes but not in the SPL.

Over spent at Dung

Shite at Aberdeen

Not all that Killie.

It is a no from me.

I couldn't give you a list of who I think should be kept, but I could certainly come up with one where I reckon six wages could be freed up right away.

A new outside manager coming in would assess the squad with fresh eyes. Thompson and/or Teale doing the assessing, in my view, is open to a pals act taking place, where footballing ability and value to a new squad taking shape could be compromised by sinking pints in the Bull Inn after the cup win, or by sinking putts on the golf course.

He's the kind of manger that leaves clubs in worse state then when he arrived. A bit like Alex Mcleash

Saved Killie and County from the drop without signing any new players. Hardly left them in a worse state.

Calderwood til the end of the season would be a tremendous appointment. Unfortunately don't think we'll see it though.