Next St Mirren Manager

I definitely want the BoD to appoint an outsider - having surveyed the applicants and conducted interviews. Guys like Teale and Thompson are legends in my eyes for being genuine quality and for the League Cup win. They represent the club well when they talk on TV too. However, something troubles me about the dynamic within our dressing room, I have zero inside information to substantiate my view, but there's something off putting about Teale and Thompson both touting themselves for the job on TV this week, at the same time as a cup winning captain is relieved of any coaching duties. Way too messy.

spot on, current players should not be touting themselves for the job just because they are getting on a bit and won't last much longer as players, it is messy and it stinks of the old pals act, no current player has any experience of being a manager, let them go and learn to be one before they tout themselves as one, it is extremely arrogant and ignorant of them to suggest that they could be successful as manager of our club

When your team is shit, in the relegation bit, who you gonna call, Jimmy Caldy....

When your in the broon, and you might go doon, who you gonna call, Jimmy Caldy...

nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah

He ain't afraid of no drop,nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah Jimmy makes you feel good..

lol.gif lol.giflol.gif Jimmy Calderwood FFS naw lol.giflol.giflol.gif

(the shite that goes through your head when yer forced to watch x factor)

That Craig seemed to lose enthusiasm in training over the past few weeks and that the sacking was inevitable.

I didn't see any mention in the online version of Craig losing enthusiasm in training over the past few weeks: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-captain-steven-thompson-4782008

I didn't see any mention in the online version of Craig losing enthusiasm in training over the past few weeks: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-captain-steven-thompson-4782008

There was definitely something about it in the printed version. Seems that some quotes are omitted in the online article. .

I've had conversations with some of the coaches who worked under Calderwood at Aberdeen and they thought his coaching methods were complicated due to his Dutch background .To cut a long story short the players did try and buy into what Calderwood was doing but the backroom staff weren't singing the same song.

If Calderwood is what the board want then he would need to bring in his own people to back him up and I think that goes with whoever comes in as the new gaffer. Personally I would go for Gary Locke.

Not at all, where did I suggest that?

Are you thick or just can't read?

I highlighted the fact that he managed to improve results considerably with the same players available as the previous management.

I'm not thick and I can read.

I just highlighted the fact that that he's a shit manager that I don't want anywhere near the club.

I'm not thick and I can read.

I just highlighted the fact that that he's a shit manager that I don't want anywhere near the club.

You are thick.

I presented you with facts from his managerial career

You've given no facts, just your opinion, which you're entitled to.

I think he'd be a good short term appointment and you don't.

Time to move on.

You know when you've been Tango'd

Edited by davidg

Gus Macpherson for me

Saved us from relegation to the Second Division

Got us into the SPL

Kept us in the SPL 4 seasons in a row (the first 2 of which he managed with a £3 million debt and no training ground)

Who can forget some of those classic wins when it really mattered - up at Dingwall to effectively clinch the title, 3-2 at Fir Park after going 2-0 down, the 2-0 win at Falkirk.

When Gus arrived we had just conceded 72 league goals in the First Division. He immediately sorted out the defence and used that as the base.

That is what we need.

Get him back now.

Gus Macpherson for me

Got us into the SPL

Kept us in the SPL 4 seasons in a row (the first 2 of which he managed with a £3 million debt and no training ground)

Who can forget some of those classic wins when it really mattered - up at Dingwall to effectively clinch the title, 3-2 at Fir Park after going 2-0 down, the 2-0 win at Falkirk.

When Gus arrived we had just conceded 72 league goals in the First Division. He immediately sorted out the defence and used that as the base.

That is what we need.

Get him back now.

image.jpg

Gus Macpherson for me

Got us into the SPL

That is what we need.

Get him back now.

By the time Gus left he had nearly shut the place down! Stinking attitude towards the support as well! Keep him as far away from our club as possible!

Danny on the other hand.......