Next St Mirren Manager

To avoid players' noses being put out of joint here's the simple solution. Follow the NFL....

Ian Murray / Dibbles Old Paperboy: Head coach.
Stephen Thompson: Offensive Co-ordinator.
Jim Goodwin: Defensive Co-ordinator.
Gary Teale: Special teams co-ordinator.

Everyone's a winner.

==================

Let's go the whole way

Bill Belichik managing

Wilfork in defence

Brady in midfield

Edelman on the wing

Gronkowski up front

We avoid relegation and win Superbowl!

We should be in less of a rush to find a new manager. The board should leave Teale and Longwell in place until the end of the season.

In practical terms there are probably now only three teams in the relegation scrap. To me that would be a very major problem for any new manager (as well as for T&L) hoping to keep us up. I fully expect the bottom two will go down. I also believe Motherwell have players of sufficient quality to move clear and as a rule they seem to make very few mistakes in their managerial appointments.

Therefore, I would say rather than waste money now on a new manager and the players he would no doubt want to bring in during the January window, we should more or less write this season off and prepare for an assault on the Championship next season with a squad based on the younger players. St Mirren will be relegated whatever personnel are brought in this season, of that I have little doubt. If money is as limited as appears to be the case, better to save it until June 2015. Obviously, one difficulty with my proposed course of action would be keeping the support engaged during the remainder of this season.

We should be in less of a rush to find a new manager. The board should leave Teale and Longwell in place until the end of the season.

In practical terms there are probably now only three teams in the relegation scrap. To me that would be a very major problem for any new manager (as well as for T&L) hoping to keep us up. I fully expect the bottom two will go down. I also believe Motherwell have players of sufficient quality to move clear and as a rule they seem to make very few mistakes in their managerial appointments.

Therefore, I would say rather than waste money now on a new manager and the players he would no doubt want to bring in during the January window, we should more or less write this season off and prepare for an assault on the Championship next season with a squad based on the younger players. St Mirren will be relegated whatever personnel are brought in this season, of that I have little doubt. If money is as limited as appears to be the case, better to save it until June 2015. Obviously, one difficulty with my proposed course of action would be keeping the support engaged during the remainder of this season.

Terrible way to look at things, thankfully you aren't on the board.

We can stay up this season with the right manager in charge and a bit of clever wheeling and dealing in January.

Terrible way to look at things, thankfully you aren't on the board.

We can stay up this season with the right manager in charge and a bit of clever wheeling and dealing in January.

We could also win any two legged playoff, just finish above County and regroup. This season isn't over by a long way, although it doesn't look good with our defence and our only real goal threat coming from an injured 36 year old with an eye on the manager's gig.

The annoying thing is that other clubs aren't kicking St Mirren's arse.... We are doing a great job in fcuking ourselves up from the inside.

We have a core of some excellent players at the club who are not performing to their best (Kello, Ridgers, Naismith, Tess, Kelly, McGinn, Osborne, Goodwin, McLean and Thommo). The season is not even half over. A new guy getting these players up for it and some new faces in Jan could turn our season around. Our most immediate problem is now, not next season.

Alex Miller is an interesting shout , one last go at management , one last chance to prove himself , and also an opportunity to say solid foundations for the our future , He has made a good living out of football , and will probably be aware of how skint Scottish clubs are so might be within our budget , He would also be able to get the team fired up , good shout IMO.

Brown had a transfer window to get Dundee's fortunes a bit better whereas Smith was thrown in at the deep end.

Stark - my memory isn't great but didn't he do ok at St Johnstone? For me Stark will always be a hero of mine as he scored in the 4-1 demolition of Dundee Utd in 1977 which was my first ever match at Love St.

Mine too

I like Freedman's CV although it didn't work out for him at the end. Management experience at a high level and played all his career in Engerland with I assume plenty of contacts. Only left Bolton in October so not been out of things very long. And still only 40.

We could also win any two legged playoff, just finish above County and regroup. This season isn't over by a long way, although it doesn't look good with our defence and our only real goal threat coming from an injured 36 year old with an eye on the manager's gig.

The annoying thing is that other clubs aren't kicking St Mirren's arse.... We are doing a great job in fcuking ourselves up from the inside.

You are correct. We could climb the table and/or win a playoff. I am suggesting in the balance of probability that we won’t do either from what I have witnessed this season. Bear in mind that it will take money that is not available to improve our situation.

Alex Miller? Help ma Boab.

We need someone that can work within our budget and still be able wheel and deal and get the guys geed up for the fight . The one thing we do have in our favour is our Youth set up this it is supplying the players we will require but unfortunately its not giving us the money from sell ons , Could there be such a man?

Miller is up there with Hay as being one of the worst St Mirren managers ever. He destroyed a great squad and had us playing shocking football. Fullerton was developed by St Mirren then shafted us under the guidance of Bill McMurdo by going to France for a year to make sure that a really cash strapped St Mirren didn't get a penny. These two shouldn't even be allowed admission to the ground far less manage us.

Surely with technology these days we could get a holographic management team in the dressing room giving instructions using old footage and 4D techniques including the Fergie Hairdryer, Tea cup throwing and boot kicking scenarios.

I'd go for a virtual management team of Sir Alex Ferguson, Jim "f**k you Maggie Faulds" Clunie, Ricky MacFarlane and Tony "am no just saying that" Fitzpatrick for Press and Media enquiries.

It's actually quite amazing how many former Saints players (some of whom played under Fergie, Clunie, and Ricky) went into management and coaching themselves once they retired with varying degrees of success.

C'mon Div - get it sorted and write a software app that can deliver this technology and enable it to interface with the fans.

Cool. Div... Can I ask for Frank McDougall, Bobby Reid, Aber, Lexy, Fitzy, Victor, Roy Aitken, Dibble, Peter Weir, Gunni and a 100% fit George Michael, AKA Stickroth.

Thanks Div.