Next St Mirren Manager

Chico just said on Sportsound that there are 3 front runners. When pushed for names he said Calderwood and Butcher would fit the bill. Also said it may be an experienced manger to the end of the season with Teale being assistant. But it was Chico so who knows.

Fcuk sake Sonny. Spent £5.99 on a new wee radio fae' Maplins today, and you've just broken the shite-o-meter.

Cheers for that!

I wouldn't give teale the job

the very fact that we lost a goal at parkhead by losing possession in defence after a pass from the keeper rules him out imo

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you don't try and pass your way out of defence, particularly at parkhead

losing 3 goals in the first 20 mins? Clueless

allowing David longwell to assist him? Clueless

teale and longwell should both go

Non sense We were 3- 1 down at the time, we could punt the ball up the park and watch it come straight back or try to build some thing. It is a gamble, but it's the right gamble. Remember the goal at Ibrox started from a pass from Samson to a defender in the final minute.

None of the above will be the next manager

Honestly,I will be f**king astonished if one of these don't get the job, I have said from the start that Calderwood and Butcher will be front runners and I still see it that way.

No way, will anybody get it from within the club and no way will they pay compo.

Non sense We were 3- 1 down at the time, we could punt the ball up the park and watch it come straight back or try to build some thing. It is a gamble, but it's the right gamble. Remember the goal at Ibrox started from a pass from Samson to a defender in the final minute.

the very fact that you highlight a single goal from 3 years ago actually destroys your point and makes mine

5% of goals come from a move that starts at the back

70% of goals come from a move that starts with a regain of possession in the attacking third

go figure which 'gamble' is likely to pay better dividends

I wouldn't give teale the job

the very fact that we lost a goal at parkhead by losing possession in defence after a pass from the keeper rules him out imo

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you don't try and pass your way out of defence, particularly at parkhead

losing 3 goals in the first 20 mins? Clueless

allowing David longwell to assist him? Clueless

teale and longwell should both go

Am i missing something here?.....was Gary Teale on the park, playing as a defender passing the ball back to the keeper?

That is like you make an arse of something at work and blaming your boss for it.

the very fact that you highlight a single goal from 3 years ago actually destroys your point and makes mine

5% of goals come from a move that starts at the back

70% of goals come from a move that starts with a regain of possession in the attacking third

go figure which 'gamble' is likely to pay better dividends

The important word here is "regain". In order to regain possession you first have to have possession and then lose it. Are you seriously suggesting that, if the keeper hade booted the ball up the park, a St Mirren player would have gained possession rather than the Celtic defence? Aye, right!

The important word here is "regain". In order to regain possession you first have to have possession and then lose it. Are you seriously suggesting that, if the keeper hade booted the ball up the park, a St Mirren player would have gained possession rather than the Celtic defence? Aye, right!

I think the argument goes, (and I don't neccessarilly agree), IF you send the ball into the opposition's defensive third and, IF it goes out for a throw in, it has been suggested that more often than not, the team with the set piece does not retain possession of the football leaving your team in possession two thirds up the park. Percentage football is, I believe, the term.

I think the argument goes, (and I don't neccessarilly agree), IF you send the ball into the opposition's defensive third and, IF it goes out for a throw in, it has been suggested that more often than not, the team with the set piece does not retain possession of the football leaving your team in possession two thirds up the park. Percentage football is, I believe, the term.

Gus MacPherson took this theory to another level when he instructed players to kick the ball directly out of play from kick-off. I suspect he watched too many rugby matches.

Gus MacPherson took this theory to another level when he instructed players to kick the ball directly out of play from kick-off. I suspect he watched too many rugby matches.

I actually agree with the tactic, I think it is the best thing to do if you have the ball on the half way line and everyone in your own half. Stick it right in the corner and get up the pitch.

I did used to love the old rugby kick off with Yardley being sent to charge down the touch line for the up and under. Never worked. Not once.

I actually agree with the tactic, I think it is the best thing to do if you have the ball on the half way line and everyone in your own half. Stick it right in the corner and get up the pitch.

I just cannot subscribe to an approach whereby you intentionally relinquish possession from a dead ball position. It just seems wrong.

Think we need to remember where we are. I don't want Teale but then again I didn't want DL and on reflection I am sure if he was in charge we would not be last, maybe 10th.

SG said they need a manager who can wheel and deal, that rules out Teale and Thommo, but would like to see either as an assistant. Also said they would not rush suggesting it will be after Xmas games.

Although I thought Teale was gung ho v tic, the players we have. the confidence level, 4-1 was no disgrace. Again we don't have to win tom, we just cant lose, and a point could be the start. Dundee and Killie are there for taking but we need any result that we can build on.

A lot is being made of SG saying we need a manager who can "wheel and deal".

This wasn't exactly part of an official club statement, it was said while having a 10 minute chat with Chic Young! I'm sure we would all love to see someone who can find a buyer for some of the dross that arrived in the summer but that is unlikely to happen. Neither will there be funds released in January to buy.

Possibly we will bring a few guys in. I think SG probably meant someone "with contacts, who can get us a couple of loan signings or free transfers". I don't think that would rule out Teale.

In short, I doubt SG was on the phone to Harry Redknapp the minute the interview finished.

Again we don't have to win tom, we just cant lose, and a point could be the start. Dundee and Killie are there for taking but we need any result that we can build on.

It isn't just about the 3 points, though. A win, at home, against a shite Motherwell team when we are at the foot of the table is as close to a must-win match as there can be outside a relegation decider post-split.

We desperately need the lift and confidence boost that a home win would bring. It doesn't really matter how we achieve it, but I consider this a must-win match on the grounds that, if we can't defeat this 'Well side in these circumstances, it bodes very, very poorly for the coming months.

A lot is being made of SG saying we need a manager who can "wheel and deal".

This wasn't exactly part of an official club statement, it was said while having a 10 minute chat with Chic Young! I'm sure we would all love to see someone who can find a buyer for some of the dross that arrived in the summer but that is unlikely to happen. Neither will there be funds released in January to buy.

Possibly we will bring a few guys in. I think SG probably meant someone "with contacts, who can get us a couple of loan signings or free transfers". I don't think that would rule out Teale.

In short, I doubt SG was on the phone to Harry Redknapp the minute the interview finished.

Still cant believe we are here discussing Teale. What was the point of ditching DL, 8th place , LC and potential to go better, this is nothing against Gary its again asking who actually has St Mirrens interests at heart. TC turned out a disaster but we saw that in Belguim, whether Gary is the next Fergie or just another player wanting a wee shot at manangement. In England they call this conference North Div2, here its SPL and championship

It isn't just about the 3 points, though. A win, at home, against a shite Motherwell team when we are at the foot of the table is as close to a must-win match as there can be outside a relegation decider post-split.

We desperately need the lift and confidence boost that a home win would bring. It doesn't really matter how we achieve it, but I consider this a must-win match on the grounds that, if we can't defeat this 'Well side in these circumstances, it bodes very, very poorly for the coming months.

Drew I will be there praying, sticking pins in Motherwell dolls wanting 3 points, of course we can get. Well players have new manager to impress but agree they are crap. We win tom get a draw Dundee and beat Killie then GT deserves a shot, I just hope we have a Plan A

I just dread for our defending ...............cannae see us keeping them out in any way. It's about how our team do as a collective, we'lll need to score a couple to win this I reckon and we'll need to defend from the front.

That wee Ojamaa one is a stick on to score.

In fact , Willie Hill's here I come......................

Still cant believe we are here discussing Teale. What was the point of ditching DL, 8th place , LC and potential to go better, this is nothing against Gary its again asking who actually has St Mirrens interests at heart. TC turned out a disaster but we saw that in Belguim, whether Gary is the next Fergie or just another player wanting a wee shot at manangement. In England they call this conference North Div2, here its SPL and championship

I'm not suggesting Teale would be a good choice (unless he can put together a nice festive winning run), I'm just pointing out that "wheeler dealer" is not the job description.

My own opinion is that it is quite straightforward. The Ian Murray "someone to build for the future" appointment can wait until the summer. We need a manager who can take a poor squad, low on confidence, and keep them in the league. Jimmy Calderwood has a track record of doing that and should be given the job for the rest of the season.